Page last updated: Fri., 14-Feb.-2020 15:22:19
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Goldtouch V2 Adjustable Keyboardby Key Ovation
| Additional Resources |
With its left and right halves connected by a simple ball joint, the Goldtouch V2 Adjustable Keyboard by Key Ovation is designed to help users prevent or address soft tissue injuries arising from pronation, ulnar deviation, or both. The two halves of the keyboard can be configured to tent up to 30° along the centre, allowing users to type with their palms slightly facing each other at an anatomically neutral angle; to splay up to 33° outwards, allowing them to keep the hands, wrists and shoulders comfortably straight as they type; or to tent and splay. The compact design, achieved by the elimination of a built-in numeric keypad, helps to prevent strain in the shoulder and neck muscles caused by overreaching for the mouse.
The Goldtouch V2 Adjustable Keyboard includes rubberized edges to prevent slippage on the worksurface when tented and hot keys for quick access to the internet and to multimedia controls.
Warning: Those who use the Goldtouch Numeric Keypad with a Goldtouch V2 Adjustable Keyboard should be certain to plug the keyboard directly into the computer, or into an external USB hub. Connecting a keyboard to the computer via any of the ports on the Goldtouch Numeric Keypad can cause both devices to malfunction.
Note: See Usage Tips on the Detailed Specifications page for a comparison of the differences between the earlier version of the Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard and the Goldtouch V2.
Reduces Risk to the Elbow and Forearm
- The fully pronated “palms down” position adopted by the majority of computer users when typing and mousing puts a considerable strain on the tissues of the elbow and forearm. The result can be fatigue, inflammation and long-term injury. By tenting the keyboard, users can type with the palms and forearms in an anatomically neutral position much less likely to injure tissues, even over the long term. Learn More About Pronation
Reduces Risk of Wrist Injury
- Typing on a conventional keyboard requires experienced typists to bend the wrists outward towards the little finger in order to keep the fingers in the correct position on the home row. This posture, known as “ulnar deviation,” puts considerable strain on the joint and tissues of the wrist. When the two halves of the keyboard are splayed outward, the strain caused by this unnatural bend at the wrist is eliminated, and the forearm, wrist and hands remain in comfortable alignment throughout the work session. Learn More About Ulnar Deviation.
Reduces Strain on the Shoulder and Neck
- At only 16.25” wide, and without a numeric keypad impeding access to the mouse, the Goldtouch V2 Adjustable Keyboard reduces the risk of overreach injuries to the muscles of the shoulder and neck.
Reduces Risk of Injury to the Fingers
- The low force membrane key switches require less force to actuate but provide minimal tactility. This can benefit those users who do not have to rely on tactility to reduce the amount of force they exert when typing.
- Locking Ball and Socket Joint: Located at the back of the keyboard in the centre, this joint connects the left and right halves of the Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard. This mechanism allows the two halves to be tented upwards to address pronation, splayed outward to address ulnar deviation, or splayed and tented to address both risk factors. The degree of both tent and splay can easily be configured or reconfigured by different users at the same workstation. A sturdy lever locks the chosen configuration into place.
Note: Some precise adjustments may be necessary to ensure the two halves are symmetrical before the lock is secured.
- Variable Tenting: User-defined tenting, to a maximum angle of 30°, allows users to experiment with a variety of tented heights before choosing the one most beneficial and comfortable for their unique needs.
- Variable Splay: User-defined splay, from 0° (fully closed) to a maximum open angle of 33°; allows users to adapt gradually, and to choose the degree of splay most suited to their unique needs and body type.
- Adjustable Incline: When not tented, the Goldtouch V2 Adjustable Keyboard has a slight positive incline. To create the recommended negative incline, two feet beneath the space bars can be deployed, along with the Goldtouch Gel Wrist Rests(GT7-0017) or the Goldtouch SlimLine Wrist Rest (GT8-0017) to prevent inadvertent wrist extension that could increase the risk of injury to the wrists.
Note: Users who need a greater degree of negative incline might wish to consider installing a tilt-adjustable keyboard arm and keyboard tray.
- Compact Design: At only 16.25” wide, the Goldtouch V2 Adjustable Keyboard allows users to bring the mouse into the Comfort Zone, and makes efficient use of desktop space.
- Embedded Numeric Keypad: An embedded numeric keypad is built into the right side of the keyboard for those who need more frequent access to numbers.
- Load-Balancing: The editing keys are evenly distributed to balance the workload on the hands and fingers. The Home, End, Page Up and Page Down keys are on the left module; the Delete, Print Screen, Pause/Break, and Backspace keys are on the right module.
- Light Touch Keys: The membrane keys of the Goldtouch V2 Adjustable Keyboard are full size, full travel and low force.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Goldtouch V2 Adjustable Keyboard (tented and splayed)
Goldtouch V2 Adjustable Keyboard (flat)
Goldtouch V2 Adjustable Keyboard (splayed)
Goldtouch V2 PC & MAC Keyboard
Goldtouch V2 Adjustable Keyboard - French Canadian Layout
New 3D Interactive Virtual Product
- Width: 16.25" (41.3 cm)
- Depth: 6.75" (17.15 cm)
- Height: 1.83" (4.65 cm)
- Weight: 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg)
- Maximum Splay: 33.0°
- Maximum Tent: 30.0°
- Key Activation Force: 39 g +/- 3 g
- Key Travel Distance: 3.6 mm +/-.5 mm
- Compatibility: PC Only (GTN-0099); PC Only (GTN99-FC); PC or Mac (GTU-0088)
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Package Contents: Goldtouch V2 Adjustable Keyboard
- Below are some of the differences between the Goldtouch V2 Adjustable Keyboard (GTN-0099, GTU-0088, GTN99-FC) and the previous model (GTU-0077/GTN-0077):
- Larger footprint. The Goldtouch V2 is 16.25” wide; the earlier model was 15.25" wide.
- Improved stability when tented. The Goldtouch V2 includes rubberized edges that were not present on the earlier model.
- Reduced key force. The key force on the V2 is rated at 39 ± 3 grams; the earlier model was rated at 50 ± 20 grams. This lack of tactility, or more spongy feel, makes it more difficult for users to properly gauge the amount of force required to press each key. The result is that users tend to exert more actual effort to generate keystrokes. (Users who were familiar with the previous version of the keyboard have noted that their fingers fatigue much faster.)
- Modified layout. The Shift and Ctrl keys on the right module of the V2, along with the Caps Lock key, have been reduced in size. The space bars on the V2 are narrower and are no longer curved as they were on the earlier model. The Insert and Delete keys have been slightly increased in size, and moved to the upper right corner of the keyboard.
- New Hot Keys. The Goldtouch V2 Adjustable Keyboard includes new hot keys for accessing multimedia controls and the Internet. These blue-legended keys are activated by pressing and holding the Fn key in the lower left corner of the keyboard.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|GTN-0099|| Goldtouch V2 Adjustable Keyboard, US English, PC only, USB (includes USB to PS/2 adapter)|
|GTU-0088|| Goldtouch V2 Adjustable Keyboard, US English, PC and Mac|
|GTN99-FC|| Goldtouch V2 Adjustable Keyboard, French Canadian, PC only|
|GTC-0077|| Goldtouch Numeric Keypad, Black, for PC|
|GTC-0033|| Goldtouch Numeric Keypad, White, for PC|
|GT7-0017|| Goldtouch Gel Wrist Rests, Black|
|KOV-GTM-R|| Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse, Right Hand, Corded, Silver|
|KOV-GTM-L|| Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse, Left Hand, Corded, Silver|
|GT6-0017|| Goldtouch Gel Filled Mouse Pad, Black, Right|
|GT9-0017|| Goldtouch SlimLine Mouse Pad, Right|
|GT9-0017L|| Goldtouch SlimLine Mouse Pad, Left|
|GTN-0077-ADPT|| Goldtouch USB–PS/2 Adapter|