| Accessories |
The Goldtouch Numeric Keypad takes the strain out of arithmetic or other intensive 10-key input, especially for those using compact keyboards. This wired external keypad can be freely positioned for optimal ergonomic comfort and convenience. This also means it can be moved easily when not in use to free up space in the comfort zone for other devices.
This keypad features a calculator style layout and is fully compatible with calculator functions built into Microsoft Windows. Unlike other numeric keypads that provide a double-wide "0" key, the Goldtouch Numeric Keypad features one key for "0" and one dedicated key for "00", making it easier to work with currency data. The layout also includes an Esc key, a Tab key, a Backspace key, and an "=" key, as well as frequently needed symbols.
The tactile, mechanical keyswitches on this keypad alert typists as soon as the keystroke is actuated, indicating that continued downward force and movement is no longer required. This can lead to a reduction of injury risk that can arise from repeatedly jarring the finger joints by "bottoming out" the keys. The mechanical keyswitches on the Goldtouch Numeric Keypad are rated at 20 million keystrokes, ensuring the crisp tactile feel will not degrade even when used intensively. This model of the Goldtouch Numeric Keypad is for Windows PCs. A Mac-compatible version with fewer features is also available.
Warning: The ports on the Goldtouch Numeric Keypad should not be used to connect a keyboard to the computer. Connecting a keyboard via one of the ports on the numeric keypad will cause both devices to malfunction. Devices that can safely be connected to the numeric keypad include low power devices such as mice or USB memory sticks.
Reduces Risk of Overreach Injury
- Key Ovation has made the Esc, Tab, Backspace and "=" keys available directly on the Goldtouch Numeric Keypad, eliminating the need to repeatedly return to the keyboard to access these keys. This reduces the repetitive reach while also improving productivity when doing extended numeric data entry. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Limits Cumulative Stress on the Finger Joints
- The longer travel distance on tactile mechanical keyswitches such as those on the Goldtouch Numeric Keypad allows a keystroke to be actuated (i.e. to appear onscreen) before the key strikes the bottom of the device (i.e. bottoms out). Tactile keyswitches also provide sensory feedback at the point where the keystroke actuates. These two features—the longer travel distance, and the tactile feedback—work together to help typists gradually learn to stop striking the bottom of the keyboard with every keystroke. Over time they gradually adopt a much lighter touch on the keys and the constant jarring impact on the finger joints is significantly reduced.
Optimizes the Workstation
- The Goldtouch Numeric Keypad can be placed wherever individual ergonomic needs and work habits can be best served. The default choice for many would likely be to keep the numeric keypad on the side of the keyboard opposite the mouse. However, as an external device, it can also be stored outside of the Comfort Zone when not needed to free up space for other items.
- Durable, Mechanical Keyswitches: Chosen for their longevity and ability to withstand intensive use while providing consistent tactile feedback, the keyswitches on the Goldtouch Numeric Keypad are rated at 20 million keystrokes.
- Access to Essential Keys: Keys such as Esc, Tab, BackSpace and Shift/Fn are included, along with calculator functions such as MS, M+, MC and MR to make using the Windows Calculator application easier.
- Currency Keys: Dedicated currency keys ($, €, £, ¥, ¢ and 00) are also included, along with frequently needed symbols such as (# @ : ( ) \ % -). These alternative functions are accessed using the Shift/FN key in the upper right corner.
- Integrated Two-Port USB 2.0 Hub: A USB 2.0 port is located on each side of the numeric keypad.
Warning: The ports on the Goldtouch Numeric Keypad should not be used to connect a keyboard to the computer. Connecting a keyboard via one of the ports on the numeric keypad will cause both devices to malfunction. Devices that can be safely connected to the numeric keypad include low power devices such as mice or USB memory sticks.
- Lasered Key Legends: The key legends are laser etched for maximum longevity.
- Compact Design and USB Connectivity: The Goldtouch Numeric Keypad tucks easily into a travel bag or laptop case. It offers a more user-friendly and ergonomic alternative to the number row on a laptop keyboard, and partners well with a compact mechanical keyboard.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Goldtouch Numeric Keypad (black)
Goldtouch Numeric Keypad (white)
- Goltouch Numeric Keypad - Data Sheet: PDF
- Width: 3.75" (9.5 cm)
- Length: 6" (15.24 cm)
- Height: 1.25" (3.2 cm)
- Weight: 10.1 oz (290 grams)
- Number of Keys: 22
- Keyswitch Type: Tactile Mechanical (Cherry Light Tactile)
- Actuation Force: 50g–55g
- Travel Distance: 4 mm
- Keyswitch Rating: 20 million
- USB Hub: Dual USB Hub (for low power devices: mice, USB memory sticks)
- Interface: USB
- Cable Length: 6' (1.83 m)
- Compatibility: PC
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, 10
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited
- Package Contents: Goldtouch Numeric Keypad
- Position the keypad as close to the keyboard as possible, whether you use it on the left or the right side. This will reduce the degree of outward shoulder rotation that will be required and will keep the keypad with the Comfort Zone.
- If using the keypad on the same side as your mouse make a point of setting it out of the way when it is not needed and bringing the mouse in beside the keyboard to keep the mouse in the Comfort Zone whenever possible.
- Try to keep the keypad at the same height as the keyboard and mouse. It is not advisable to place it up and on the desk when using a keyboard tray as this requires continuous reaching and stretching. Modifying the workspace to make room for all devices on a single level should be a primary consideration in this scenario.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|GTC-0077|| Goldtouch Numeric Keypad, Black, for PC|
|GTC-0033|| Goldtouch Numeric Keypad, White, for PC|