| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The Heavy Duty Melamine Keyboard Platforms from WorkRite Ergonomics offer high rigidity and durability combined with comfort. The above average thickness of these platforms creates a rigidity that thinner materials cannot provide and the greater mass aids in reducing vibration that can occur with lighter trays. To ensure long life the 5/8" thick melamine platforms are edged with durable PVC trim. The Melamine Keyboard Platforms are also equipped with removable soft leatherette covered foam palm supports for comfort.
This platform is available in three models. The CB180-25 is 19" in width x 11.75" in depth, sufficient in size to accommodate a full-size keyboard or a compact keyboard and a touchpad or trackball (there is not really sufficient space for a standard mouse) or the palm support can be removed and a central pointing device could be deployed with a full-size keyboard. The CB182-25 comes in Black, is 25" in width by 11.75" in depth and is equipped with a mouse guard that can be moved to either side. The CG185-21 is wider at 27" but shallower, just 11" in depth. It does not come with a mouse guard. Both are equipped with the removable full width palm support.
NOTE: These platforms can be mounted on the Ovation Low Profile Leverless Arm or the Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm
Positions Keyboard and Mouse within the "Comfort Zone"
- Keeping frequently used devices within the Comfort Zone allows the muscles of the upper body to remain relaxed and reduces the risk of overreach (left and right, up and down, and forward) injuries. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
- Reduces Excessive Reach to the Left and Right - The 26.25" width allows users to position both input devices comfortably close to the body and at the same level relative to each other.
- Keeps the Shoulders Level - Because both input devices are placed on the same level, the need to repeatedly lift, extend and lower the shoulder when using the mouse is eliminated. Dealing with a constant shoulder imbalance leads to an increased risk of repetitive strain injury. By positioning the mouse directly adjacent to the keyboard there is no need to reach forward to the desk surface—a common practice that creates a twist in the back and shoulders.
- Spacious: Both models offer a significant amount of space. Removing the palm support expands the available depth accordingly.
- Sturdy and Rigid: The 0.625" thick Melamine platforms are exceptionally sturdy and have enough mass to help reduce the potential for vibration from typing.
- Detachable Palm Support: The platforms come equipped with leatherette covered foam palm supports that can be detached if desired.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Heavy Duty Melamine Keyboard Platform - CG185-21
Heavy Duty Melamine Keyboard Platform - CB182-25
Model: CB185-25: 27" (68.6 cm)
Model: CG185-21: 25" (63.5 cm)
Model: CB180-25: 19" (48.3 cm)
- Depth (front to back):
Model: CB185-25: 11" (28 cm)
Model: CG185-21: 11.75" (29.8 cm)
Model: CG180-25: 11.75" (29.8 cm)
- Thickness: 0.625" (1.6 cm)
- Weight of Tray:
Model: CB185-25: 5 lbs (2.27 kg)
Model: CG185-21: 5.5 lbs (2.5 kg)
Model: CG180-25: 4.5 lbs (2.04 kg)
- Compatible Keyboard Arms: Ovation Low Profile Leverless Arm or Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|CB182-25|| WorkRite Heavy Duty Melamine Keyboard Platform, 25" Wide x 11.75" Deep, Black|
|CG185-21|| WorkRite Heavy Duty Melamine Keyboard Platform, 27" Wide x 11" Deep, Grey|
|CB180-25|| WorkRite Heavy Duty Melamine Keyboard Platform, 19" Wide x 11.75" Deep, Black|