| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm by KV Waterloo offers a range of height adjustments to accommodate sit-stand workstations. Using a patented "Lift N Lock" counterbalance mechanism the arm allows an attached keyboard tray to be positioned at heights ranging from 8.4" above the mounting point to 5.6" below it. The 23" storage track enables most keyboard trays to be fully stored beneath the desk when not in use. The curved neck (see the first image on the Detailed Specifications page for an illustration) allows users to be comfortably close to the desk when seated and when standing.
All Ovation Keyboard Arms include a low profile mounting plate for the keyboard tray. The mounting plate is connected to a "Direct Drive" dial tilt mechanism that includes an inclination gauge. By simply turning the dial, and watching the inclination gauge, users can easily set up their workspace to position their keyboard at the preferred inclination, from a positive inclination of +10° to a flat 0° to a negative inclination of -15°.
To view Keyboard Trays, please see our Tray Category
NOTE: On a standard 28.5" high desk (measured from the underside of the desk), the Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm will provide enough height for proper "standing" positioning of the keyboard tray with no inclination for users under 5'5". For users between 5’5” and 5’7”, this product can still be suitable but will require a negative inclination on the tray (which brings up the tray worksurface accordingly). This arm is also suitable for individuals under 5’ 7” who are using a “lean-into” seat which puts them in a position between sitting and standing. If negative inclination on the tray is acceptable, users between 5’ 7” and 5’ 10” may also be able to use this product to meet their needs. Taller users may be accommodated by raising the mounting height through use of products such as the Raise-Its. Of course, monitor elevation must also be considered when moving to a standing position.
Prevents Strain on the Shoulder and Neck Muscles
- Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arms help to maximize ergonomic support for individual users at seated and standing workstations. Every user can adjust the sit-stand keyboard arm to ensure an installed tray is supporting their input devices at a height that allows the muscles of the shoulders and neck to remain relaxed.
Improves Ability to Maintain Healthy Wrist Alignment
- The Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm makes it easy for users to position the keyboard tray at the most comfortable height and angle, even while standing. The nearly effortless adjustment offers all users the ability to create a neutral wrist alignment, and to reduce or prevent the risk of developing keyboard-related Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI).
Enables Correct Posture
- Using a tray mounted on the Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm to place the keyboard and mouse at the proper height, the user can maintain correct posture—with the shoulders back and relaxed—while standing. The user can also maintain a comfortable seated position, as the arm allows the keyboard tray to be drawn down low and close to the body, enabling the user to sit back in the chair, taking full advantage of its lumbar support.
Helps to Reduce Eye Fatigue
- The limited depth of many modern desks often positions the screen too close for comfortable viewing, especially at workstations where large or multiple monitors are deployed. In these circumstances the addition of an Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm can correct the viewing distance by providing several inches of additional space between the user and the monitor(s).
Helps to Reduce the Risk of Overuse Injuries to the Neck
- Adding an Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm to a workstation can help users reduce repetitive neck movements in two ways. First, it frees up space between the keyboard and monitor for reading and reference materials, reducing the need to turn the head to the side to read. Second, by correcting the viewing distance (as described in the point above) the arm increases the onscreen field of view visible by eye tracking alone. The frequency and degree of neck rotation, especially for those working with larger screens or multiple monitors, can be significantly reduced.
Can Reduce Overreach
- The design of the Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm allows the user to sit or stand in close proximity to the desk. This helps to reduce the risk of overreach injuries when working at a standing workstation.
- A correctly positioned keyboard and mouse helps to minimize fatigue. Awkward and incorrect placement of these devices can require constant exertion since the user is rarely able to fully relax the muscles. The Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm helps to create an ergonomic environment that allows the user to adopt a relaxed, natural posture—reducing tension, stress, and the pain that often accompanies them.
- Low-Profile Design: The Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm features a low profile mounting plate for the keyboard tray, softly rounded edges and obstruction-free surfaces for safety and comfort.
- Extensive Height Adjustment Range: Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arms offer users an extensive range of height adjustment. An installed tray can be adjusted from 5.6" below the track mounting point to 8.7" above it—a range of 14.1". On an average desk (29" surface height) this will provide a range from roughly 22.4" to 36.7".
- Patented Spring-Assisted "Lift N' Lock" Counter Balancing System: Users can easily adjust the height by slightly lifting the front edge of the tray to disengage the locking mechanism. The tray can then be raised or lowered to the desired height before the front of the tray is released to re-engage the locking mechanism.
- Patented Dial Tilt Adjustment: The angle of the keyboard tray is easily adjusted using the large 1.25" diameter knob, located just behind the tray. There is a full 25° range of adjustment (-15° to +10°) to accommodate a wide range of usage scenarios.
- Tray Angle Indicator: Located on the neck of the keyboard arm, the needle indicator clearly shows the angle of the tray as adjustments are made.
- Easily Confirmed Negative Tilt: Users can easily set and verify a negative tilt on the keyboard tray, making this an attractive feature for those wanting to achieve a more neutral posture by reducing or eliminating wrist extension. Learn More About Wrist Extension.
- 360° Swivel Joint: The articulating arm is secured to the ball-bearing track with a 360° swivel joint. The ability to fully rotate the arm at this joint makes the Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm a versatile option for most commercial single-user or multi-user computer workstations, and a viable solution for improvised computer workstations or those with non-standard dimensions. At the majority of computer desks, with the ball-bearing track installed in its usual "front-to-back" orientation, the swivel joint gives users additional usage and storage options along with the noted ergonomic benefits. At a narrow, improvised, or otherwise suboptimal computer station the track can be installed at an angle, or even horizontally beneath the desk, and the swivel joint will enable the articulating arm (i.e. the portion on which the keyboard tray will be mounted) to be swiveled forward into the correct ergonomic position for the user.
- Highly Compatible: All Ovation keyboard arms are equipped to accept a wide range of keyboard trays. The tray mount features numerous hole patterns, making it possible to mount most commonly available trays.
- Non-Marring Finish: Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arms are finished with a flat black wrinkle finish paint that resists fingerprints and marring.
- Plastic Glide Storage Track: Movement on the storage track for the Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm is provided by plastic glides.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm
Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm - dimensions
- Depth (front to back) of track: 23.0" (58.4 cm)
- Height adjustability: Max above mounting surface:
8.4" (21.3 cm)
Max below mounting surface:
5.9" (15 cm)
- Tilt adjustablility: +10° to -15°
- Height adjustability mechanism: Lift and Lock
- Tilt adjustability mechanism: Soft touch dial knob
- Storage mechanism: Plastic Glides
- Tilt indicator?: Present
- Height indicator?: Present
- Load rating: 100 lbs (45.4 kg)
- Warranty: Warranty: 15 Year Limited, Manufacturer Direct
- Package Contents: Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm, Mounting Template and Instructions, Mounting Hardware
- Note: When measuring to determine the available mounting space it is necessary to measure the "underside" of the desk and to ensure that there are no privacy panels or other obstructions that might interfere with the mounting of the track or the movement of the tray when it is being stored. Do NOT rely on a "top" measurement for the reasons already stated.
- To easily adjust the height of your keyboard and mouse, gently grasp the sides of the keyboard tray and tilt the front of the tray up to release the locking mechanism. Move the tray to the desired height then lower the front edge to engage the lock once again. (You can also do this by lifting from the front of the tray if you find this more comfortable.)
- When using an Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm at a standing desk, be sure your monitors are at an an appropriate viewing height. You may need to add an adjustable height monitor arm to your workstation so that you can easily raise and lower the monitors as you switch between sitting and standing. Correct positioning of your monitors will reduce the risk of developing neck and shoulder pain. Learn More About the Risks of Improper Monitor Position.
- When setting the height and angle of the keyboard tray, ensure your posture is as neutral as possible. Your shoulders should be relaxed (neither hunched nor hanging), your elbows should be at an angle of about 90° or slightly more open, and a line from your forearms through the back of your wrists should be reasonably straight. Learn More About Correctly Adjusting Your Keyboard Tray
- When using an Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm make a point of switching between sitting and standing on a regular basis. The benefits of sit-stand workplaces come from the movement involved. Static standing and static sitting can both negatively affect the health. Many people also find that extended standing can result in tired feet and lower legs and tired muscles in the lower back. Frequently transitioning between these positions ensures regular movement while also reducing the potential for overworking the legs and lower back. Regular movement also improves overall bloodflow which may lead to greater alertness while working.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|8674D23|| Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm, Steel Ball-Bearing Track|