Page last updated: Mon, 18-Nov-2019 15:18:44
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Ovation Low Profile Leverless Armby KV Waterloo
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Ovation provides the largest range of movement of any articulating keyboard arm on the market today (other than sit-stand arms) in a low profile, durable design. It uses a near-effortless patented "Lift-N-Lock" counterbalance mechanism to adjust an attached tray from 7.0" below to a full 3.8" above (17" track version: 5.8" below and 2.6" above) the mounting point. A Height Indicator Gauge makes adjustment easy to measure. The inclination, or "tilt," of the tray can be adjusted from a negative inclination of -15° to +10° using a large Dial-a-Tilt knob that includes an "Inclination Gauge" (allowing the user to reposition at the desired angle).
The sleek, low profile design provides excellent clearance for the legs and knees. The arm swivels 360° for side to side movement and a 17" (8634D17) or 23" (8624D23) storage track which allows the user to store the arm and tray out of the way when not in use. To fully store an Extra-Deep or Mouse Intensive Tray underneath the desk, an Extended Track (8624D28) version is also available with all the features of the 8624D23 but equipped with a 28" track. All Ovation models accept all standard trays and use a high quality steel ball-bearing storage track that has a much longer lifespan than a glide track.
Looking for Trays? - see our Tray Category
Reduces Strain on the Shoulder and Neck Muscles
- The Ovation Low Profile Leverless Keyboard Arm allows the keyboard and mouse to be positioned at the height and distance most comfortable for each individual user. When the keyboard and mouse are too high, as they often are for many users working at commercially available desks, users tend to compensate by raising their arms from the shoulders. This hunched posture, if sustained for longer than a few minutes, can lead to extreme tension and inflammation in the muscles of the neck, shoulders and upper back. With the Ovation Low Profile Leverless Arm installed, users of all heights can ensure the muscles of the upper body will be relaxed.
Positions Keyboard and Mouse within the "Comfort Zone"
- The Ovation Low Profile Leverless Arm allows users to position both devices comfortably close to the body, and at the same level relative to each other. Keeping frequently used devices within the Comfort Zone allows the muscles of the upper body to remain relaxed and reduces the risk of overreach injuries.Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Allows Reference Materials to be Placed Inline
- Adding an Ovation Low Profile Leverless Keyboard Arm to a workstation frees up space between the keyboard and monitor, allowing this area to be used for reference materials. Placing reference documents in line with the monitor(s) significantly reduces neck rotation and the resulting strain on the muscles of the neck and shoulders.
Encourages Correct Posture
- Using the Ovation Low Profile Leverless Keyboard Arm to correctly position the keyboard and mouse eliminates any need to lean forward from the waist, or to perch on the edge of the chair. The user more easily adopts correct posture, with the shoulders back and relaxed, and can more readily take advantage of the lumbar support in the chair.
Enables Correct Viewing Distance
- The limited depth of many modern desks often positions the monitor(s) too close for comfortable viewing. In these circumstances the addition of an Ovation Low Profile Leverless Keyboard Arm can effectively provide up to 18" of additional space between the user and the screen. This can be of special benefit to those who employ large screens or multiple monitors. For these users, the additional distance is sufficient to greatly reduce the degree of neck rotation required to see the entire viewing area.
Reduces Risk of Injury to the Wrist
- The ability to easily adjust the angle of the keyboard tray into a negative inclination (lower at the back than at the front) helps users prevent wrist extension. A keyboard with a neutral or negative inclination helps to reduce the risk of Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) to the wrists. Learn More About Neutral or Negatively Inclined Keyboards
- A correctly positioned keyboard and mouse can significantly reduce fatigue. Awkward or incorrect placement of these devices results in constant physical exertion as the user is rarely able to relax the muscles. The Ovation Low Profile Leverless Keyboard Arm helps to create an ergonomic work environment that relieves tension and stress on overworked muscle groups.
- Low-Profile Design: Ovation Low Profile Leverless Keyboard Arms feature a low profile mounting plate for the keyboard tray. Exposed edges are softly rounded for safety and comfort.
- Ball-Bearing Storage Track: The storage tracks on the Ovation Low Profile Leverless Keyboard Arms are equipped with steel ball-bearings for many years of smooth, maintenance-free movement. Unlike plastic glides, which can deteriorate with age and begin to catch and bind, the ball-bearing track ensures virtually effortless movement throughout the life of the Ovation arm.
- 360° Swivel Joint: The articulating arm is secured to the ball-bearing track with a 360° swivel joint. The ability to fully rotate the arm at this joint makes the Ovation Low Profile Leverless Arm a versatile option for most commercial single-user or multi-user computer workstations, and a viable solution for improvised computer workstations or those with non-standard dimensions. At the majority of computer desks, with the ball-bearing track installed in its usual perpendicular position, the swivel joint gives users additional usage and storage options along with the noted ergonomic benefits. At a narrow, improvised, or otherwise suboptimal computer station the track can be installed at an angle, or even horizontally beneath the desk, and the swivel joint will enable the articulating arm (i.e. the portion on which the keyboard tray will be mounted) to be swiveled forward into the correct ergonomic position for the user.
- Fits Shallow Desks: The 17" track model of the Ovation Low Profile Leverless Keyboard Arm is designed to fit desks with limited depth. (Note that this shorter track length will not allow a standard 11" deep keyboard tray mounted on the arm to retract fully beneath the desk; the tray will extend approximately 6" from the front of the mounting plate.)
- Extensive Height Adjustment Range: Ovation Low Profile Leverless Keyboard Arms offer users an extensive range of height adjustment. The 23" and 28" track models allow a full 11" range of height adjustment for the keyboard tray, up to 7" below and 3.75" above the track mounting point. The 17" track model, due to its more compact design, has a more modest range of 5.8" below to 2.6" above the track mounting point.
- Extended Neck (23" & 28" models only): The 23" and 28" track models feature a 7.5" long neck that can provide a particularly effective solution for taller users at corner work stations. Mounted to this longer arm, the keyboard tray can be pulled far enough forward that the back corners of the tray completely clear the underside of the desk, allowing the tray to be positioned higher than the surface of the desk.
- Patented Spring-Assisted Lift N' Lock Counter Balancing System: The Spring-Assisted Lift N' Lock mechanism allows the mounted tray to be raised and lowered effortlessly by hand.
- Patented Dial-a-Tilt Adjustment: The incline of the keyboard tray mounted on the arm can be easily adjusted by hand. The patented, clearly marked dial on the front of the mechanism offers a full 25° range of adjustment (+10° positive tilt to -15° negative tilt) to accommodate most usage scenarios. The pointer clearly confirms the resulting angle of the tray as adjustments are made.
- Highly Compatible: The Ovation series of keyboard arms has been machined to accept a wide range of keyboard trays. The tray mount features numerous hole patterns, making it possible to install most common keyboard trays.
- Non-Marring Finish: Ovation Low Profile Leverless Keyboard Arms are finished with a flat black wrinkle finish paint that resists fingerprints and marring.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Ovation Low Profile Leverless Arm
Ovation Low Profile Leverless Arm - Extensive Adjustment Range
Ovation Low Profile Leverless Arm Specs (23" and 28" track models)
Ovation Low Profile Leverless Arm Specs (17" track model)
Ovation Low Profile Leverless Arm - Showing Mounting Track
- Width of Storage Track: 5.875" (14.9 cm)
- Depth (front to back) of Storage Track:
8634D17: 17" (43.2 cm)
8624D23: 23" (58.4 cm)
8624D28: 28" (71.1 cm)
- Height Adjustment:
||Max Height Above Mounting Point
||Max Height Below Mounting Point
||2.3" (5.8 cm)
||6.1" (15.5 cm)
||3.5" (8.9 cm)
||7.3" (18.5 cm)
||3.5" (8.9 cm)
||7.3" (18.5 cm)
- Tilt Adjustment: +10° to -15°
- Height Adjustment Mechanism: Lift and Lock
- Tilt mechanism: Dial-a-Tilt
- Track mechanism: Steel Ball Bearings
- Tilt indicator?: Present
- Load rating: 100 lbs (45.4 kg)
- Warranty: Warranty: 15 Year Limited, Manufacturer Direct
- Package Contents: Ovation Low Profile Leverless Arm, Mounting Template and Instructions, Mounting Hardware
- Choose the right model for the space available. When selecting your Ovation Low Profile Leverless Keyboard Arm ensure you take into consideration the amount of space available for mounting the track. Generally, the 28" Extended Track works best in corner environments, or at deep desks where you need to store the keyboard well out of the way. The 23" Track fits most standard desks and allows an 11" keyboard tray to be fully retracted beneath the desk. The 17" Track is suited to situations where there is less than 23" of mounting space or where the tray, when raised, must be close to the desk. (Note, however, that when mounted on the 17" Track, even an 11" tray will protrude approxmately 4" from the front of the desk, even when fully stored at the back of the track.) In right angled corner applications it is often advisable to install a Corner Converter to create a straight-edged worksurface to bridge the right angled corner. The keyboard arm can be mounted to the underside of the installed Corner Converter (at the front), as well as the desk itself (at the rear), to create a useable worksurface with full keyboard tray storage. If you choose to employ a wide Corner Converter or Sleeve, consider the 28" Track. (If you do so, however, be certain, first, that you can create sufficient depth with the Corner Converter or Sleeve to safely secure the track against the underside of the desk at the rear mounting point. Shorter 17" or 23" tracks may not extend far enough back to provide sufficient contact with the desk for secure mounting.
Note: When measuring to determine the available mounting space it is important to measure the underside of the desk to ensure you factor in hidden obstacles such as privacy panels, and to ensure no other desk hardware could interfere with the mounting of the track or with the tray as it is being stored.
- Adjust the height of the keyboard tray. To adjust the height of the keyboard tray, gently grasp the sides of the tray in each hand and tilt the front upwards to release the locking mechanism. Move the tray to the desired height and lower the front edge to engage the lock once again.
- Optimize the height and angle of the tray. When setting the height and angle of your keyboard tray make sure you achieve as neutral a posture as possible. Your shoulders should be relaxed (neither hunched nor hanging), your elbows should be at an angle of about 90° or slightly more open, and an imaginary line through the back of your wrists to your forearms should be reasonably straight. Learn More About Correctly Adjusting Your Keyboard Tray
- Use the Ovation Arm to bring your mouse and keyboard to you. Use your Ovation Low Profile Leverless Keyboard Arm to make your mouse and keyboard come to you rather than reaching forward for them. Employ the simple height adjustment and smooth, ball-bearing track to draw these devices to where they best serve your needs.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|8624D28|| 28" storage track|
|8624D23|| 23" storage track|
|8634D17|| 17" storage track|