| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The Heavy Duty Melamine Corner Keyboard Platform from WorkRite Ergonomics is a rigid platform designed for installation in the inside corner of most L-shaped desks. The rear corners are cut at a diagonal to permit the mounted tray to be elevated level with or above the desk surface. The large 27.75" W x 11.75" D platform is constructed of 5/8" thick melamine and edged with durable PVC trim. The additional thickness of this platform offers a rigidity that other thinner surfaces cannot provide and the greater mass aids in reducing vibration that can occur with lighter trays.
The Corner Keyboard Platform is equipped with soft leatherette over foam mouse and keyboard palm supports. The interchangeable mouse and keyboard sections can be easily removed if not desired, or interchanged for left or right-handed mousing. The convenient mouse cord clip can also be moved to the desired side.
With the palm rests installed there is still about 8.75" of depth available for the keyboard. When the palm rest is removed that depth increases to the full 11.75".
NOTE: This platform can be mounted on the Ovation Low Profile Leverless Arm or the Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm.
Positions Keyboard and Mouse within the "Comfort Zone"
- Keeping frequently used devices within the Comfort Zone allows the muscles of the upper body to remain relaxed and reduces the risk of overreach (left and right, up and down, and forward) injuries. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
- Reduces Excessive Reach to the Left and Right - The 26.25" width allows users to position both input devices comfortably close to the body and at the same level relative to each other.
- Keeps the Shoulders Level - Because both input devices are placed on the same level, the need to repeatedly lift, extend and lower the shoulder when using the mouse is eliminated. Dealing with a constant shoulder imbalance leads to an increased risk of repetitive strain injury. By positioning the mouse directly adjacent to the keyboard there is no need to reach forward to the desk surface—a common practice that creates a twist in the back and shoulders.
- Spacious: At 27.75" in width, there is plenty of room for both a keyboard and pointing device, even with the diagonal rear corners.
- Mouse Guard/Cable Clip: A separate Mouse Guard and Cable Clip keeps the mouse safely positioned on the tray and can be moved to the right or left.
- Sturdy and Rigid: The 0.625" thick Melamine platform is exceptionally sturdy and has enough mass to help reduce the potential for vibration from typing.
- Detachable Split Palm Support: The tray is equipped with split leatherette over foam palm supports that can be detached if desired or configured for right or left mousing.
- Configurable for Right or Left-hand Mousing: The Keyboard Platform comes pre-configured for right handed mousing but is easily converted for left hand use.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Heavy Duty Melamine Corner Keyboard Platform
- Width: 27.75" (70.5 cm)
- Depth (front to back):
Overall: 11.75" (29.8 cm)
- Without Palm Rest Attached: 11.75" (29.8 cm)
- With Palm Rest Attached: 8.75" (22.2 cm)
- Thickness: 0.625" (1.6 cm)
- Weight of Tray: 5 lbs (1.82 kg)
- Compatible Keyboard Arms: Ovation Low Profile Leverless Arm or Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|CG488-25|| WorkRite Heavy Duty Melamine Corner Keyboard Platform, 27.75" Wide x 11.75" Deep, Grey|