Page last updated: Fri, 19-Jul-2019 14:32:12
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
ABS Plastic Low Profile Shallow Trayby Fox Bay Industries
Measuring only 9" deep, the ABS Plastic Low Profile Shallow Tray from Fox Bay Industries is designed for applications where there is limited storage space.
At only 0.375" thick, this tray from Fox Bay Industries allows the user to find the best position for the keyboard without having to accommodate uncomfortable obstructions beneath the tray. A keyboard can be comfortably positioned at thigh level, and/or at a negative incline (tilted down) without restricting movement of the knees or thighs.
The compact 9" depth of this tray requires a full 2" less of storage space than more traditional 11" deep trays, making it an ideal companion for the Tenor Trackless Keyboard Arm or the 17" track version of the Ovation Low Profile Leverless Arm.
Due to the intent of this tray being used where space is limited it is only available in a 24" width - sufficient to support most keyboards and a mousing device.
The simple, clean design of the ABS Low Profile Shallow Tray is also free of obstructions on its upper surface, (such as raised edges or built-in wrist rests), that could increase the risk of injury to the sensitive pressure points on the underside of the wrists. The rear edge is raised to keep the keyboard in place when the tray is at a negative incline, and is notched in two places to route cables.
Note: To be sure this tray will fit an existing keyboard arm, please compare the mounting hole pattern on the installed arm with the Mounting Hole Pattern on the diagram.
Note: If more working space is required users may wish to consider other keyboard trays such as the 11" deep ABS Plastic Low Profile Tray which is available in 27" and 30" widths. This tray will not fully store and will extend at least 2" when used on keyboard arms that do not have sufficiently deep storage tracks.
Positions Keyboard and Mouse within the "Comfort Zone"
- Keeping frequently used devices within the Comfort Zone allows the muscles of the upper body to remain relaxed and reduces the risk of overreach (left and right, up and down, and forward) injuries. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
- Reduces Excessive Reach to the Left and Right - The ABS Plastic Low Profile Shallow Tray allows users to position both input devices comfortably close to the body and at the same level relative to each other.
- Keeps the Shoulders Level - By allowing users to keep both input devices on the same level, the ABS Plastic Low Profile Shallow Tray eliminates the need to repeatedly lift, extend and lower the shoulder when using the mouse. Dealing with a constant shoulder imbalance leads to an increased risk of repetitive strain injury. (Note that trays with a pivoting mousing surface can also raise or lower the mouse below the level of the keyboard and therefore carry the same potential risk.)
- Reduces Forward Reach - By positioning the mouse directly adjacent to the keyboard there is no need to reach forward to the desk surface—a common practice that creates a twist in the back and shoulders.
Allows Obstruction-Free Negative Inclination
- With a thickness of only 0.375" the ABS Plastic Low Profile Shallow Tray allows users maximum freedom to create a negative inclination for the keyboard without obstructing the legs. A negative inclination creates the neutral wrist alignment known to combat the development of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Learn more about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Uniform Height and Material
- The entire tray surface is at the same height and is made of the same material. There is no raised strip at the front edge of the platform that could put pressure on the wrists. (Raised areas, i.e. padded rests intended as palm
supports on many keyboard trays are, in practice, often misused as wrist rests, becoming an ergonomic risk factor. Pressure on the wrist compresses tissue, restricts bloodflow and can lead to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.)
- Space Saving Depth: The 9" depth of this tray is intended to work best where there are storage limitations. At 9" deep it can accommodate most common keyboard styles, including most full-size and compact keyboard designs.
- Keyboard Guard: Ensures keyboard and input devices stay in place when the tray is negatively inclined.
- Cable Management: Left and right slots in the keyboard guard allow for easy routing of cables from tray to computer.
- Durable: High quality ABS Plastic construction provides a firm surface with minimal bounce and flexion, yet is sufficiently resilient to prevent cracking or chipping from accidental impacts.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
ABS Plastic Low Profile Shallow Tray
ABS Plastic Low Profile Shallow Tray - Profile View
ABS Plastic Low Profile Shallow Tray - Top View
- Foxbay Tray Hole Pattern: PDF
- Width: 24.0" (61 cm)
- Depth (front-to-back): 9.0" (22.9 cm)
- Height of Keyboard Guard: 1.0" (2.5 cm)
- Tray Thickness: 0.375" (1.0 cm)
- Warranty: 25 years. Manufacturer direct only.
- Package Contents: ABS Plastic Low Profile Shallow Tray, Mounting Hardware Kit
- If you are a touch typist, position your ABS Plastic Low Profile Shallow Tray with a negative incline (if your keyboard arm is so equipped) and at a height that enables you to maintain a neutral wrist alignment. By raising the edge closest to you the wrist is naturally elevated above the fingertips and in line with the back of the forearm. The risk of restricting bloodflow or exerting pressure on the tissues is reduced or eliminated. This benefits both your keyboarding and mousing activity. Learn More About Positioning Your Keyboard Tray.
- If you are not a touch typist, you may find that a neutral or positive inclination is more appropriate for your method of typing. In addition, as a “hunt and peck” typist, you may prefer to position the keyboard higher than a touch typist would because you move your hands and arms more, and you aim for one key at a time.
- When selecting a Keyboard Arm on which to mount your ABS Plastic Low Profile Shallow Tray you should consider the range of elevation (above and below your worksurface), whether it supports a range of positive and negative inclination, and storability. Not all Keyboard Arms are equal and a higher price does not necessarily mean the best product. The ease of height and angle adjustment, and type of storage mechanism (steel ball-bearing is highly recommended) should be considered alongside the first set of criteria.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FB-T24x9|| 24" wide x 9" deep|
|8DG55-001-RET|| Black, Retail Packaging|
|8DG55-002-RET|| Blue, Retail Packaging|
|8DG55-003-RET|| Red, Retail Packaging|
|8DC31-RET|| Clear, Retail Packaging|
|8DGW55-RET|| White, Retail Packaging|