| Usage Tips |
The Tenor Trackless Keyboard Arm from KV Waterloo was designed to require the minimal amount of undersurface mounting space while still providing storage for keyboard trays up to 9.5" in depth. Requiring just 9.375" of mounting depth, the Tenor Trackless Keyboard Arm features a direct mount which is ideal for situations where there simply is insufficient space to accommodate a traditional track-mount keyboard arm. It will permit full storage of trays up to approximately 9" deep. While 11" deep trays can also be mounted only about the first 9" of depth will be stored (i.e. on an 11" deep about 2" of tray will protrude).
The Tenor Keyboard Arm has all the features of traditional "tracked" arms. Keyboard height and storage are easily accomplished employing a simple "Lift-N-Lock" mechanism and angle adjustment (+10° to -15°) is a simple Dial-A-Tilt. Clearly readable independent gauges behind the tray show the current elevation and angle. Elevation ranges from -1.25" to - 7" below the mounting surface, a full 5.75" of range. The Low Profile head ensures optimal knee and leg clearance at all positions—even when fully stored the arm extends only 5.75" below the mounting point.The arm also features a full 360° swivel mount, offering the potential for full storage of deeper trays by rotating the tray below the desk surface when sufficient clearance exists.
Individuals using sit-stand desk who desire a keyboard arm may find that the direct mount and compact design of the Tenor Trackless Keyboard Arm result in less vibration transfer to their monitors than do traditional tracked arms. As well, the trackless "direct mount" design lends itself to installation on desks with crossbars which would normally render the installation of a tracked keyboard arm impossible.
NOTE: The Tenor Trackless Keyboard arm DOES NOT accommodate the hole pattern of Humanscale Keyboard Trays.
Reduces Strain on the Shoulder and Neck Muscles
- The Tenor Trackless Keyboard Arm allows the keyboard and mouse to be positioned at the height and distance most comfortable for each individual. When the keyboard and mouse are too high, as they often are for many working at commercially available desks, there is a tendency to compensate by raising the arms from the shoulders. This hunched posture, if sustained for longer than a few minutes, can lead to extreme tension and inflammation in the muscles of the neck, shoulders and upper back. With the Tenor Arm installed, individuals of all heights can ensure the muscles of the upper body will be relaxed.
- A correctly positioned keyboard and mouse can significantly reduce fatigue. Awkward or incorrect placement of these devices results in constant physical exertion as one is rarely able to relax the muscles. The Tenor Trackless Keyboard Arm helps to create an ergonomic work environment that relieves tension and stress on overworked muscle groups..
Enables Correct Viewing Distance
- The limited depth of many modern sit-stand desks often positions the monitor(s) too close for comfortable viewing. In these circumstances the addition of a Tenor Trackless Keyboard Arm can effectively provide up to 11" of additional space between the eyes and the screen. This can be of special benefit to those who employ large screens or multiple monitors. For these individuals, the additional distance is sufficient to greatly reduce the degree of neck rotation required to see the entire viewing area.
Positions Keyboard and Mouse within the "Comfort Zone"
- The Tenor Trackless Keyboard Arm lets both devices be positioned comfortably close to the body, and at the same level relative to each other. Keeping frequently used devices within the Comfort Zone allows the muscles of the upper body to remain relaxed and reduces the risk of overreach injuries.
Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Encourages Correct Posture
- Using a Tenor Trackless Keyboard Arm to correctly position the keyboard and mouse eliminates any need to lean forward from the waist, or to perch on the edge of the chair. Workers can more easily adopt correct posture, with the shoulders back and relaxed, and more readily take advantage of the lumbar support in the chair.
Reduces Risk of Wrist Injury
- The ability to easily adjust the angle of the keyboard tray into a negative inclination (lower at the back than at the front) helps prevent wrist extension. A keyboard with a neutral or negative inclination helps to reduce the risk of Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) to the wrists.
Learn More About the Risk of Wrist Extension
and how a Neutral or Negatively Inclined Keyboard
can mitigate these concerns..
- Designed for Sit-Stand Desks: the Tenor Tracklesss Keyboard Arm is specifically designed to fit sit-stand desks, with the trackless design requiring just over 9" of mounting depth. The means the Tenor can mount in front of the support crossbars that most sit-stands desks are equipped with. The folding mechanism can fully operate with crossbars that extend up to 2" below the underside of the desktop.
- Low-Profile Design: The Tenor Trackless Keyboard Arms feature a low profile mounting plate for the keyboard tray that reduces potential for interference with the knees. Exposed edges are softly rounded for safety and comfort.
- 360° Swivel Joint: The articulating arm is secured to a 360° swivel joint. This permits subtle adjustments to be made or even for the entire arm and tray to be pivoted underneath a desk where sufficient space is avaialable.
- Extensive Height Adjustment Range: Because of the Tenor Trackless Keyboard Arm's design and the fact that it is primarily intended for mounting to sit-stand desks the range is more limited, from 1.25" to 7" below the mounting point (underside of desk). In sit-stand applications this can be employed to provide improved monitor elevation by raising the desk while keeping the keyboard and mouse at a suitably ergonomic height.
- Dial-a-Tilt Adjustment: The incline of the keyboard tray can be easily adjusted by hand. A full 25° range of adjustment (+10° positive tilt to -15° negative tilt) is available to accommodate most usage scenarios. The pointer clearly confirms the resulting angle of the tray as adjustments are made.
- Lift'n'Lock Height Adjustment: Height adjustments are made by simply lifting the front edge of the tray and raising or lowering it to the desired height. Releasing the tray will re-engage the lock to retain the selected height. Because of the folding mechanism the tray extends further out from the desk as it moves to a higher elevation, from the back edge of the tray being flush with the desk front at the lowest setting to about 2.5" from the desk at the greatest height.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Tenor Trackless Keyboard Arm
Tenor Trackless Keyboard Arm - Folds for Storage
Tenor Trackless Keyboard Arm - Features
Tenor Trackless Keyboard Arm - Specifications
- Tenor Trackless Keyboard Arm Adjustment: PDF
- Tenor Trackless Keyboard Arm Adjustment: VIDEO
- Tenor Trackless Keyboard Arm Installation: PDF
- Tenor Trackless Keyboard Arm Specifications: PDF
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|8482D00|| Tenor Trackless Keyboard Arm with Direct Mount|
|6463A79|| Waterloo Black HDPE Mini Keyboard and Mouse Tray with Gel Wrist Support|
|FB-T24x9|| 24" wide x 9" deep|