Page last updated: Fri, 19-Jan-2018 14:17:35
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wirelessby Evoluent
| Additional Resources |
The Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless introduces a new profile and look to the Evoluent VerticalMouse. The clearly defined lines of the Evoluent VerticalMouse C naturally encourage correct hand placement by guiding the hand to the position of greatest comfort. A slight inward curve of the front half of the Evoluent VerticalMouse C permits the fingers to curl naturally and to relax against the buttons. The high gloss front contrasts with the black satin control surfaces which replace the familiar "rubberized" surfaces of earlier Evoluent models. This satin finish permits the hand to slide easily into position on the mouse when transitioning between keyboard and mouse.
Buttons on the Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless are now integrated into the body of the mouse, eliminating the break between "body" and "button". As well, the flange that supports the little finger is no longer integrated into the Right Click button but has been increased in size and molded into the body of the mouse. This may reduce the risk of accidental right-clicks when moving the mouse as the little finger no longer presses against the Right Click button.
The C Series features three primary buttons (left, middle and right click) and two secondary thumb buttons (back and forward). A high quality scroll wheel with soft detents is angled slightly downward to facilitate a natural scrolling action by the index or middle fingers. Button functions are pre-assigned but may be reprogrammed using the free downloadable Evoluent Mouse Manager software. The software offers access to a wide range of additional functions, including an auto-click option which can be activated to reduce repetitive left clicking.
The Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless is equipped with a high-performance four-level sensor. The pointer speed can be cycled easily from slowest to fastest using the small button located just behind the scroll wheel. LEDs on the shoulder of the mouse indicate the current setting. A convenient On/Off switch on the underside of the mouse serves to extend battery life.
The Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless is suited to right handed users 5'7" tall and over. While this latest version is no higher than the VerticalMouse 4, the extended flange which supports the little finger is noticeably wider than the flange on the VM4 and provides better support for larger or thicker fingers. This improved support is also evidenced in the design of the buttons. Unlike the buttons on the VM4 which have a rounded bevel and a slight backward slant the VerticalMouse C has a forward slant. This results in longer buttons which offer noticeably better support for longer fingers than those on the VM4. Overall, the Evoluent VerticalMouse C is longer than the VM4 yet, despite being able to better accommodate larger or longer hands than the VM4, the "footprint" of the newer model is slightly shorter and narrower than the previous model, and requires no more desk space.
The Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless is available in two models. Users have a choice of selecting the Wireless Evoluent Vertical Mouse C with either high gloss Smoked Chrome or Gold accents. Users who prefer a wired model can choose the Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wired (VMCR) version with Chrome accents.
Note: Users less than 5' 7" tall, and those with hands measuring less than 7" from the tip of the middle finger to the wrist crease, should consider the Evoluent VerticalMouse 4 Small.
Comfortable and Easy to Use
- The VerticalMouse C Wireless features contoured sculpting that offers users with average to large size hands both comfort and support. The fully programmable buttons are optimally placed, eliminating finger stretching and contortions.
Maintains Blood Flow through the Wrist
- Conventional horizontal mice cause your forearm to twist away from its natural position, which can reduce blood flow, contort muscles into awkward positions and increase the rate of fatigue. For many, this can result in discomfort and pain while mousing. A "vertical" mouse encourages users to maintain a neutral wrist alignment which can reduce or eliminate potential circulation restrictions.
Eliminates Forearm Pronation
- The design of the Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless improves comfort and control when mousing, with a patented shape that supports the hand in a relaxed handshake position, and a sculpted “notch” for your thumb to rest in. This innovative design eliminates forearm twisting and minimizes the effort required to use the mouse.
Learn More About Pronation.
Can Reduce or Eliminate Wrist Extension
- Traditional mice require that the hand be in a facedown position on the mouse. Users tend to plant the heel of their hand on the mousing surface and then attempt to move the mouse with the thumb and pinkie or ring fingers. This puts the wrist into a position of extension which can lead to painful RSI. The Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless addresses this by rotating the hand away from the desk, eliminating the tendency to "plant" the hand. While users can still create some wrist extension by flexing their wrist for left/right movements this can also be easily addressed by learning to move the Evoluent VerticalMouse with the arm rather than the hand.
Learn More About Wrist Extension.
Can Address Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
- The vertical orientation into which the Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless rotates the hand is intended to address excessive tension which is put on the tendons and tissue of the forearm when the hand is rotated into the facedown position common in both mousing and keyboarding. This tension is known to commonly manifest in what usually referred to as "tennis elbow", where inflammation develops where the tendon attaches to the outer edge of the elbow. Eliminating the tension by addressing the pronation issue permits the tendon to relax and as the attachment point is no longer under continuous stress the tissue is permitted to rest and heal.
Learn More About Lateral Epicondylitis.
Reduces Potential for “Anticipation of the Click” and Eliminates Finger Extension
- The ergonomic design and low click force of the Evoluent encourages the user to let their fingers remain "at rest" against the buttons, rather than hovering over them in anticipation of clicking. Since the fingers can relax against the mouse there is no hovering or stretching action of the fingers which can lead to development of Trigger Finger.
Learn More About Trigger Finger
Almost No Learning Curve
- Users employ the same familiar hand position as with an ordinary mouse (just turned sideways), and the buttons are operated by the same fingers. This virtually eliminates any need to retrain or establish new muscle memory when mousing.
- The mouse does not unintentionally move sideways when clicking with normal force because the thumb is positioned to naturally oppose the finger movements.
- Pointer control is as accurate as any other high-quality performance mouse with on-mouse adjustable speed controls.
Encourages Load Balancing or Spreading by Software Option
- Mouse Manager for Windows (Microsoft Certified) or MAC OSX offers extensive custom, and even contextual, programming options yet is still easy to use through a simple and intuitive interface. Users have the option of reassigning button commands for load balancing or duplicating commands on multiple buttons in order to spread the load across multiple digits.
Offers Alternative Clicking Options to Reduce Repetition
- Automatically perform a single or double click by pausing the pointer. The time delay before activation is adjustable. Alternatively, reassign commands to a different button or multiple bottoms to lighten or spread the clicking load. Note:
Evoluent Mouse Manager Software required.
Provides Alternatives to Static Strain For Click-Drag Operations
- Press and hold a button momentarily to simulate continued pressing without holding down the button. The time delay before activation is adjustable. Note:
Evoluent Mouse Manager Software required.
Break Reminder Option
- Set up visual and/or audio alerts to remind you to take a break. Note:
Evoluent Mouse Manager Software required.
- Adjustable Laser Sensor: A pointer speed button on the side allows convenient adjustment without changing the position of the hand on the mouse.
- Pointer Speed Indicators: Top mounted LED-illuminated indicators show through the housing on the thumb rest to advise users of the selected pointer speed.
- Wireless Convenience: The Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless offers all the benefits and features of the wired model with the added convenience of a wireless connection. This is ideal for situations where cable routing may be impractical or simply where there is a desire for a "clean" desk top.
- Back-Lit Evoluent Logo: A purely cosmetic feature which adds to the lustre and modern look of this mouse. In order to conserve battery power the illumination is only active momentarily when powering up the mouse and when changing pointer speed.
- Useful and Intuitive Driver: Mouse Manager for Windows (Microsoft Certified) or MAC OSX offers extensive custom, and even contextual, programming options yet is still easy to use through a simple and intuitive interface.
- Refined Ergonomic Contours: The Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless features clearly defined lines to encourage correct hand placement. The buttons on the Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless are now seamlessly integrated into the housing, ensuring the fingers are able to comfortably rest against the contours of the body as it curves in towards the front of the mouse. The gently countoured thumb well cradles the thumb so the hand remains in position for optimal cursor control and balanced clicking. The extended lines of the buttons on the Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless provide improved finger support for those with long fingers or larger hands.
- Extended Finger Flange: The Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless features a large finger flange designed to prevent the fifth finger from dragging on desk. This flange is noticeably wider than that on earlier Evoluent models and has a slight upward curve to encourage the pinkie finger to remain securely in place.
- Wired Option: The Evoluent VerticalMouse C is also available in a Wired format which is compatible with both PC and Mac operating systems.
- Scroll Wheel: The Scroll Wheel has a central grooved soft rubber surface and offers smooth movement with gentle detents.
- Speed Toggle: Move up or down through the 4 pointer speed settings with easy-to-access side button and clearly visible illuminated indicators.
- Application Dependent Buttons: Create customized button programming which automatically take effect depending on which application is active. Note: Installation of the Evoluent Mouse Manager is required for any custom programming.
- Quality Ergonomic Design: The Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless is engineered with a high quality sensor coupled with the low button activation force for which the Evoluent is known. Button action and vertical scroll wheel movement is smooth, consistent and precise. The new contours of the Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless improve usability for those with larger hands or longer fingers while still providing the comfort and relaxed hand position for users with average sized hands.
- Relaxed Handshake Position: The ergonomic contoured shape of the Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless supports the hand in a natural handshake position that eliminates forearm twisting. Users employ the same familiar grip as with an ordinary mouse, but in a vertical orientation, so almost no retraining is needed. Clicking the mouse buttons does not result in unwanted movement because the thumb naturally opposes other finger movements.
- Light Force Tactile Buttons: The buttons on the VerticalMouse C Wireless take about half the force of traditional mice to click, so your fingers won't get tired with the high frequency of clicking required in programs. The button force is low for easy clicking, but still retains sufficient tactile firmness to avoid accidental actuation.
- Five Fully Programmable Buttons: The VerticalMouse C Wireless provides a total of 5 buttons, two thumb operated and 3 finger operated.
Note: Unlike earlier versions of the Evoluent VerticalMouse the scroll wheel on the VerticalMouse C Wireless is NOT clickable.
- Two Stylish Colour Options: The Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless is available in Black with Smoked Chrome Accents or users may choose to enhance their workstation with Black and Gold Model
- Auto Click Option: Automatically perform a single or double click by pausing the pointer. The time delay before activation is adjustable. Note: Evoluent Mouse Manager Software required.
- Click Lock (or Drag Lock): Press and hold a button momentarily to simulate continued pressing without holding down the button. The time delay before activation is adjustable. Note: Evoluent Mouse Manager Software required.
- Break Reminder: Set up visual and/or audio alerts to remind you to take a break. Note: Evoluent Mouse Manager Software required.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless - Front
Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless - Gold
Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless - Rear
Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wilreless - Inside
Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless - Front
Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless - Profile
Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless - Outside
Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless - Gold - Rear
Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless - Gold - Front
Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless - Gold - Inside
Evoluent VerticalMouse C Wireless - Gold - Profile
Evoluent VerticalMouse C Mouse Manager Screen Capture
Ergonomics Behind Vertical Orientation
New 3D Interactive Virtual Product
Width: 3.5" (8.9 cm)
Depth (front to back): 4.5" (11.14 cm)
Height: 3.0" (7.6 cm)
Weight: 5.5 oz (157 grams)
- Laser Resolution: Extra low, low, medium, high
Windows XP, 7, 8, and 10; 32 bit and 64 bit versions
- Downloadable Microsoft Certified drivers for programming all 5 buttons available for Windows OS
Fixed button functions without a driver.
- Mac drivers on the Evoluent download page may be used to program the buttons.
Fixed button functions without a driver. Third party drivers are available for some versions of Linux.
- Interface: USB (not compatible with PS/2 adapters or KVM switches)
- Programmable Functions for Each Button:
- Left Click
- Right Click
- Wheel/Middle Click
- Auto Pan
- Double Click
- Drag Scroll
- Keystroke Recording
- Launch Application
- Page Down
- Page Up
- Print Screen
- Show/Hide Desktop
- Switch Applications
Note on Programmable Functions If button 5 (bottom thumb button) is programmed for "Secondary Functions", then a second layer of functions can be added to buttons 1, 2, 3, and 4. This allows for up to eight (8) functions to be programmed into the Evoluent VerticalMouse C. (5 buttons - 1 as toggle + second layer for 4 buttons = 8 functions)
- Default Buttons: For PC:
- Top finger button: Left click
- Middle finger button: Double click
- Bottom finger button: Right click
- Top thumb button: Backward
- Bottom thumb button: Secondary Function Toggle
Black Housing with Smoked Chrome accents, Blue light for Evoluent logo, Blue DPI setting indicator.
Black Housing with Gold accents, Blue light for Evoluent logo, Blue DPI setting indicator.
- Available Drivers: Evoluent VerticalMouse drivers
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Package Contents: Evoluent VerticalMouse C, Wireless USB Micro Receiver, 1 x AA Battery, User Guide
- Work With Your Arm | For optimum ergonomic value we recommend that the majority of your mouse movement be performed with movement coming from the arm. By doing so a neutral alignment of the wrist can be maintained. Finer small movements can be achieved by slight deflection of the wrist and flexing of the fingers, especially if the mouse sensor speed is set to "High".
- Maintain a Neutral Posture | When working with the Evoluent VerticalMouse you will want to ensure that your worksurface is positioned at a height which maintains a "neutral" or "straight" line through the back of the wrist. Ergonomically this is the ideal posture and may require adjustment of either the worksurface height (where possible) or of the height of the chair. It is especially important to ensure that the worksurface where the mouse is located is not too high as this will either be forcing the shoulder up unnaturally or the arm will be angled over the rigid edge of the worksurface. Either of these are undesirable and can significantly increase the risk of developing Repetitive Strain Injuries. The vertical orientation which the Evoluent VerticalMouse achieves naturally brings the elbow closer to the body. If you find that your elbow is "flared" out while using the Evoluent you may want to check the height of your desk and lower it if necessary. The other reason for a flared elbow may be the reach across the numeric keypad. There are keyboard options available which either move the numeric keypad to the left or totally eliminate it for users who make limited use of the numeric keypad or who can learn to employ the standard upper rank numeric keys on the keyboard.
- Take Breaks | One of the most common causes of RSI is the "repetitive" natural of the actions undertaken. Extensive mousing (or keyboarding) without breaks can be the trigger which releases a full-blown RSI. Even the most ergonomic of mice or keyboards cannot change this fact. The Evoluent Mouse Manager Software includes a "Break Reminder" function which you can set to occur on a regular basis throughout the day. A quick stretch or short change of function may be all that is required to avoid possible painful consequences.
- Reduce Your Clicking | Repetitive clicking can be greatly reduced through the options available in the Evoluent Mouse Manager Software. Setting an "auto-click" for either the left or right clicks can significantly reduce the number of clicks needed to be performed by the fingers. In addition, multiple movements, clicks, and awkward keyboard reaches can be combined to a single click by pre-programming common actions to one of the buttons. Advanced users can even set "program specific" settings which will automatically apply when switching between various applications.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|VMCRW|| Evoluent VerticalMouse C Series, Right hand, Wireless, Smoked Chrome|
|VMCRWG|| Evoluent VerticalMouse C Series, Right hand, Wireless, Gold|
|MP1|| Evoluent Wrist Support Mouse Pad, rigid one piece 7" x 7" mousing surface with attached gel wrist pad|