| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The WorkRite UB185-25 Keyboard Platform from WorkRite Ergonomics offers users several features. The keyboard platform is formed from 0.25" thick composite, resulting in a sturdy rigid surface with minimal flex. This large 26.75" wide x 11.5" deep platform is equipped with a raised rear keyboard guard with built-in cable routing, a rear mouse guard/cable retainer, a detachable foam padded leatheretter palmrest, and a low-friction 8.25" square mousing surface. All of these are detachable, facilitating assembly for users requiring either a right or left mousing zone.
With the palm rest installed there is about 7.5" of depth available for the keyboard. When the palm rest is removed that depth increases to 10.25". Due to the limited depth this tray is not recommended for use with central pointing devices. It also needs to be remembered that the palm rest runs the entire width of the tray and therefore has the potential to interfere with the appropriate use of many of the specialized ergonomic mice.
NOTE: This tray can be mounted on the Ovation Low Profile Leverless Arm.
Note: Trays such as the Phenolic Extra-Deep Low Profile Tray and the Extra-Deep ABS Plastic Low Profile Tray, by Fox Bay Industries, are better suited for central pointing devices.
Positions Keyboard and Mouse within the "Comfort Zone"
- Keeping frequently used devices within the Comfort Zone allows the muscles of the upper body to remain relaxed and reduces the risk of overreach (left and right, up and down, and forward) injuries. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
- Reduces Excessive Reach to the Left and Right - The 26.25" width allows users to position both input devices comfortably close to the body and at the same level relative to each other.
- Keeps the Shoulders Level - Because both input devices are placed on the same level, the need to repeatedly lift, extend and lower the shoulder when using the mouse is eliminated. Dealing with a constant shoulder imbalance leads to an increased risk of repetitive strain injury. By positioning the mouse directly adjacent to the keyboard there is no need to reach forward to the desk surface—a common practice that creates a twist in the back and shoulders.
Allows Obstruction-Free Negative Inclination
- The thin 0.25" composite construction allows users maximum freedom to create a negative inclination for the keyboard without obstructing the legs. A negative inclination creates the neutral wrist alignment known to combat the development of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Learn more about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
- Spacious: At 26.25" in width, there is plenty of room for both a keyboard and pointing device.
- Keyboard Guard: The raised keyboard guard ensures keyboard and input devices stay in place when the tray is negatively inclined. The guard is equipped with integrated cable guides for both Left and Right positioning
- Mouse Guard/Cable Clip: A separate Mouse Guard and Cable Clip keeps the mouse safely positioned on the tray.
- Durable: High quality Composite construction provides a rigid surface with minimal bounce and flexion.
- Detachable Palm Support: The tray is equipped with a 2.5" deep leatherette over foam padding palm support that can be detached if desired.
- Configurable for Right or Left-hand Mousing: The Keyboard Platform comes pre-configured for right handed mousing but is easily converted for left hand use.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
WorkRite UB185-25 Keyboard Platform
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|WUB185-25|| WorkRite CB185-25 Keyboard Platform, 26.75" Wide x 11.5" Deep, Midnight Black|