| Usage Tips |
The Extra-Deep Low Profile Tray from Fox Bay Industries is also available in a Phenolic Resin version in addition to the well-known ABS Plastic model. At just 0.25" thick the Phenolic Extra-Deep Low Profile Tray presents an even lower profile than the ABS version yet provides a surface with even greater rigidity. When placed on this tray, especially one installed on a keyboard arm with a similarly low profile mounting bracket, a keyboard and pointing device can be comfortably positioned at thigh level, and/or at a negative incline (tilted down) without restricting movement of the knees or thighs.
At 13 inches deep, this extra-deep model offers an additional 4 inches of depth when compared to most standard keyboard trays. This extra depth provides plenty of space for central pointing devices to be fully supported when properly positioned in front of a standard or specialty ergonomic keyboard. Available in 24" and 27" widths, this tray is also wide enough to permit users to gain full benefit from their Adjustable or Separated Keyboards even while using a central pointing device.
The simple, clean design of the Phenolic Extra-Deep Low Profile Tray is also free of obstructions on its upper surface, (such as raised edges or built-in wrist rests) that could increase the risk of injury to the sensitive pressure points on the underside of the wrists. The rear edge has a 1" raised Keyboard Guard to keep the keyboard in place when the tray is at a negative incline, and includes innovative cable routing guides on both the left and right.
Note: This tray must be mounted on a keyboard arm with a 28" track in order to recess completely beneath the desk when it is stored. (A suitable option would be the Extended Track Ovation Low Profile Leverless Arm - Model: 8624D28). If there is insufficient depth beneath the desk top to accommodate a 28" track the Phenolic Extra-Deep Low Profile Tray can also be mounted to a standard length (23") arm, such as the 8624D23. Be aware, however, that shorter track models will not permit the tray to recess fully beneath the desk, even when fully retracted.
Compatibility Note: To ensure that this tray will fit an existing keyboard arm, please compare the mounting hole pattern on the installed arm with the Mounting Hole Pattern on the diagram.
Positions Input Devices within the "Comfort Zone"
- Keeping frequently used devices (such as keyboard and mouse) within the Comfort Zone allows the muscles of the upper body to remain relaxed and reduces the risk of overreach (left to right, up and down, and forward) injuries. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Reduces Excessive Reach to the Left and Right Both the 24" and 27" Phenolic Extra-Deep Low Profile Tray allow users to position both input devices comfortably close to and in line with the body, and at the same level relative to each other.
Keeps the Shoulders Level - By allowing users to keep both input devices on the same level, the Phenolic Extra-Deep Low Profile Tray eliminates the need to repeatedly lift, extend and lower one’s shoulder when using the mouse. Dealing with a constant shoulder imbalance leads to an increased risk of repetitive strain injury. (Note that trays with pivoting mousing surface can also raise or lower the mouse below the level of the keyboard and therefore carry the same potential risk.)
Reduces Forward Reach - By positioning the mousing device directly between the user and the keyboard there is no need to reach forward to the desk surface— a common practice which creates a twist in the back and shoulders.
Allows Obstruction-Free Negative Inclination
- With a thickness of only 0.25" the ABS Phenolic Extra-Deep Low Profile Tray allows users maximum freedom to create a negative inclination for the keyboard without obstructing the legs. A negative inclination creates the neutral wrist alignment known to combat the development of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Learn more about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Uniform Height and Material
- The entire tray surface is at the same height and is made of the same material. There is no raised strip at the front edge of the tray that could put pressure on the wrists. (Raised areas, i.e. padded rests intended as palm
supports on many keyboard trays are, in practice, often misused as wrist rests, becoming an ergonomic risk factor. Pressure on the wrist compresses tissue, restricts bloodflow and can lead to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.)
Note: Many central pointing devices have a built-in palm support which can be used when the hands are at rest.
- Spacious: The Phenolic Extra-Deep Low Profile Trays are deep enough to support a keyboard and a central pointing device. Both the 24" and 27" widths are wide enough to let separated keyboards users take full advantage of the split feature of their devices. See "Usage Tips" for determining the suitable width of a keyboard tray.
- Keyboard Guard: The 1" raised Keyboard Guard ensures that the keyboard and other device(s) stay in place when the tray is in negative slope positions.
- Cable Management: Innovative left and right multipoint cable guides in the keyboard guard allow for easy routing of input device cables.
- Durable: Phenolic Resin construction provides a rigid surface with very minimal bounce and flexion, while being sufficiently resilient to prevent cracking or chipping from accidental impact.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Fox Bay Phenolic Extra Deep Low Profile Keyboard Tray
- Foxbay Tray Hole Pattern: PDF
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FB-PT27x13|| 27” Wide Model|
|FB-PT24x13|| 24” Wide Model|
|FB-MP|| Mouse Pad Accessory|
Dimensions: 7.75" D x 7.125" W
Material: 0.125" thick rubber pad with lycra surface
|912TR-002-ERGO|| Black, legended with ErgoCanada Logo, bulk packaging|
|8DG55-ERGO|| Black with ErgoCanada logo, Bulk Packaging|