Page last updated: Fri, 13-Sep-2019 15:37:46
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Mini Keyboardby SolidTek
| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The Solidtek Mini Keyboard is an inexpensive small footprint keyboard with many reduced sized keycaps. Although it uses a membrane keyswitch, the key travel distance is shorter than normal (3 mm instead of the standard 4 mm). All the keys other than letters (a-z) and numbers (1-0) are substantially smaller than conventional keyboards. The keyboard includes a 20 key embedded numeric keypad which is indicated by legends on the front face of the keycaps. There is also a unilingual Canadian French legended model (note this is not bilingual).
Note: This keyboard has a significant positive incline, in spite of its comparitively low profile (i.e. it is higher at the back than at the front). In general, a neutral (flat), or negative incline is advisable for those experiencing pain in the backs of the hands, wrists, or forearms.
- Regular size keyboards with integrated numeric keypads on the right make reaching for the mouse on the right-hand side more difficult. The further one has to reach for the mouse, the greater the risk of injuries to the arm and shoulder due to overreaching. A compact keyboard like the Mini Keyboard will help remedy this potential problem by replacing the integrated numeric keypad with an embedded numeric keypad which requires no space.
- Embedded Numeric Keypad: The Mini Keyboard achieves its compact size due to the elimination of an integrated numeric keypad on the left or right hand side. However, it does have an embedded numeric keypad, which is simply certain legended letter keys on the right side of the keyboard which can double as number keys when accessed through a toggle key. The numbers can be accessed using these instructions.
- English and French Canadian Layout: The Mini Keyboard is available in two models: one with English legends and one with French Canadian legends. To find out how to access the French Canadian characters in the French Canadian layout, click here.
- Compact Keyboard: The compact size of the Mini Keyboard makes it ideal for smaller spaces. In order to achieve this compactness, the dedicated number pad has been eliminated (replaced by the embedded keypad) and many of the lesser used keys have been reduced in size.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Mini-Keyboard - Black Model
Mini-Keyboard - White Model
Mini-Keyboard - French Canadian Layout
Mini-Keyboard - Side Profile
- Width: 11.30" (28.7 cm)
- Depth (front-to-back): 5.51" (14.0 cm)
- Height: 1.14" (2.9 cm)
- Weight: 450 grams
- Keys: 88/89 (with full 104/105 key functionality)
- Key Pitch: 19.05 mm
- Peak Force: 50 g ± 10 g
- Switch Travel: 3.0 ± 0.3 mm
- Keyswitch Type: Low travel (3 mm) membrane
- Keyswitch Rating: 5 million actuations
- Numeric Keypad Actions: 20
- Compatibility: Windows 95 (PS/2 only),
98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista
- Interface: USB or PS/2
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|ACK-595U|| USB model, black, US English layout|
|ACK-595U-CF|| USB model, black, French Canadian layout|
|SK595UW|| USB model, white, US English layout|
|SK595B|| PS/2 model, black, US English layout|
|SK595W|| PS/2 model, white, US English layout|
|SK595-SIL|| PS/2 model, silver, US English layout|
|SK595UW-CF|| USB model, white, French Canadian layout|
|SK595UW-CLEARANCE|| SolidTek Mini-Keyboard, embedded numeric keypad, 11.3" wide by 5.5" deep by 1.1" tall, 88 keys, English QWERTY unilingual layout, white, USB, Keycaps on unit have varying degrees of yellowing,|
|SK595W-CF|| PS/2 model, white, French Canadian layout|