Page last updated: Fri, 13-Dec-2019 14:10:32
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Freestanding Single Leg Restby Score
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Freestanding Single Leg Rest from Score is a solution for those who may need to keep their leg elevated while sitting. This leg rest is equipped with a 5-point base which allows it to remain upright without the need to attach it to any other furniture. The leg rest supports one leg at a time, either beside or under the desk. The 2" thick concave pad on the single leg model is 10" wide and 16" long, sufficient to comfortably cradle even swollen legs. The base is just under 20" in diameter to minimize interference with the second leg and foot. The leg rest is equipped with resilient foam padding, comfortably keeping the foot, knee and hip properly aligned while elevating the foot and leg. The Freestanding Single Leg Rest is suited for use following surgery in order to relieve knee and foot pain, to decrease blood pooling in the lower extremities, reduce pressure on the spine and decrease fatigue.
Elevation of the Freestanding Single Leg Rest is accomplished with a low-pressure "chair-style" gas cylinder and lever release. Height is adjustable from 14" to 19.5". The pad can be angled up to 15° from horizontal and locks in at any point within the range. The Freestanding Leg Rest can be used in most settings, however, because the base does have a diameter of 20" care does need to be taken to ensure that there will be sufficient space. The Freestanding Single Leg Rest is available with either woven fabric or leatherette coverings. A Double Leg Rest is also available if lower extremity elevation of both legs is required.
Support for Leg and Foot
- The Freestanding Single Leg Rest is intended to act as an assistive therapeutic device. Leg rests are typically employed temporarily by those returning to work after injury or surgery. However, in the case of those with circulatory problems they may also become a permanent solution. The leg rest pad can be tilted to align the leg to an ideal ergonomic angle. Some conditions which may benefit from the Freestanding Leg Rest include Knee Injuries, Bunion Removals, Back Pain, Varicose Veins, Edema, Heavy Leg Syndrome, Neuromuscular Disorders, Trauma, Pregnancy, Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, Side Effects of Certain Medications.
Increases Blood Flow and Circulation
- The Freestanding Single Leg Rest can assist in maintaining appropriate blood flow and circulation in the lower extremities. However, using the leg rest for extended periods may lead to decreased blood flow and circulation as a result of the non-standard seating position that the elevation of the leg can create. Unless directed otherwise by medical service providers it may be a good idea to occasionally remove the leg from the pad and adopt a more traditional sitting position, even if only for short periods.
Enhances Productivity and Overall Comfort
- Working in a semi-reclined position or with the feet elevated as required throughout the workday can adjust the strain on other muscles in the body and decrease fatigue. This can yield increased comfort by offering varied seating postures and potentially reduce the impact of discomfort on work performance.
- Height Adjustable: The leg rest pad can be adjusted in height from 14" to 19.5" when level. This range is suited to the majority of persons.
- Adjustable Tilt: The tilt of the leg rest pad locks at any position between 0° and 15°. This lets users select the angle that best suits their needs and ensures that the leg remains at the chosen angle.
- Cushioned Support: Foam padding provides comfortable but firm support which quickly springs back to shape.
- Choice of Cover Material: The furniture fabric covering of the pad 'breathes' better than the leatherette covering. This aids in preventing hotspots and sweating. However, the leatherette-covered pads are more easily cleaned and disinfected.
- Versatile and Portable Design: The Freestanding Single Leg Rest is equipped to be self-supporting and move independent of any other furniture. As a result users are able to make small positioning adjustments with nominal effort, changing positions to optimize comfort throughout the day.
- Safety Lock Casters: The Freestanding Single Leg Rest is equipped with casters that engage a safety lock when weight is removed (i.e. when the weight of the leg is no longer applied to the rest). This ensures that the Leg Rest cannot roll out of reach, which is especially important for those who would have difficulty retrieving it.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Freestanding Single Leg Rest
Freestanding Single Leg Rest - Tilt and Height Controls
- Vertical Adjustment Range for Leg Rest:
Minimum: 14" (38.1 cm)
Maximum: 19.5" (47.6 cm)
- Vertical Adjustment Mechanism: Standard "chair-style" lever release with gas cylinder (low pressure for easier adjustment)
- Angle of Adjustment for Leg Rest:
NOTE: The leg rest locks in position at any point within the 15 degree tilt range.
- Tilt Adjustment Mechanism: Self-locking lever release mechanism
- Pad Width: 10" (25.4 cm)
- Pad Length: 16" (40.6 cm)
- Concave Pad Thickness:
Sides of Pad: 2.5" (6.4 cm)
Middle of Pad: 2.0" (5.1 cm)
- Base Dimensions: 19.7" (50 cm)
Cylinder: Black Steel
Base: Black Aluminum
- Pad Covering Material: Fabric or Leatherette
- Pad Inner Material: Standard Foam
Gas Lift - Lifetime against leakage
Metal Parts - 5 Years
Upholstery - 2 Years (if used for its intended purpose)
- Package Contents: Score Freestanding Single Leg Rest
- Assembly Time: 5 Minutes, No tools required
- When making initial height and tilt adjustments it is suggested that you enlist the assistance of another person who can perform these adjustments while you are seated comfortably. This will ensure that the height and angle are adjusted to match your optimum seating position.
- Unless directed otherwise by medical service providers it may be a good idea to occasionally remove the leg from the pad and adopt a more traditional sitting position, even if for short periods.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|6112TKR11ZW12|| Score Freestanding Single Leg Rest, Black Leatherette|