| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Freestanding Double Leg Rest from Score serves as an adjustable and mobile support for those who need to keep one or both legs elevated while sitting. Potential applications include post-surgery elevation in order to relieve knee and foot pain, to decrease blood pooling in the lower extremities, to reduce pressure on the spine or to decrease fatigue.
This leg rest is equipped with a 5-point base which allows it to remain stable and upright without the need to attach it to any other furniture. The leg rest is wide enough to support both legs at once or can be used for a single leg as well, either beside or underneath the desk. Resilient foam padding helps keep the feet, knees and hips properly aligned while comfortably elevating the foot and leg. The 2" thick pad is 18.5" wide and 16" long, with slightly elevated sides to keep legs in position. The pad surface is large enough to comfortably cradle even swollen legs and is available with either breathable woven fabric or easily cleaned leatherette coverings.
The base is just under 20" in diameter to minimize interference with a chair base or desk supports. Elevation of the Freestanding Double Leg Rest is accomplished with a low-pressure gas spring with lever release. The adjustment range is from 14" - 19.5" and the leg pad can be angled up to 15° from horizontal and locks in at any point within the range. While the Freestanding Double Leg Rest can be used in most settings, because the base does have a diameter of 20" this should be taken under consideration when determining whether there will be sufficient space.
A Single Leg Rest is also available if elevation is only required for a single leg.
Support for Leg and Foot
- The Freestanding Double Leg Rest is intended to act as an assistive therapeutic device. Leg rests are typically employed temporarily by those returning to work after injury or surgery. However, in the case of those with circulatory problems they may also become a permanent solution. The leg rest pad can be tilted to align the leg(s) to an ideal ergonomic angle. Some conditions which may benefit from the Freestanding Leg Rest include Knee Injuries, Bunion Removals, Back Pain, Varicose Veins, Edema, Heavy Leg Syndrome, Neuromuscular Disorders, Trauma, Pregnancy, Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, Side Effects of Certain Medications.
Increases Blood Flow and Circulation
- The Freestanding Double Leg Rest can assist in maintaining appropriate blood flow and circulation in the lower extremities. However, using the leg rest for extended periods may lead to decreased blood flow and circulation as a result of the non-standard seating position that the elevation of the leg can create. Unless directed otherwise by medical service providers it may be a good idea to occasionally remove the leg from the pad and adopt a more traditional sitting position, even if for short periods.
Enhances Productivity and Overall Comfort
- Working in a semi-reclined position or with the feet elevated as required throughout the workday can adjust the strain on other muscles in the body and decrease fatigue. This can yield increased comfort by offering varied seating postures and potentially reduce the impact of discomfort on work performance.
- Height Adjustable: The leg rest pad can be adjusted in height from 14" to 19.5" when level. This range is suited to the majority of persons.
- Adjustable Tilt: The tilt of the leg rest pad locks at any position between 0° and 15°. This lets each person select the angle that best suits their needs at any time and ensures that the leg remains at the necessary angle.
- Cushioned Support: Foam padding provide comfortable but firm support which quickly springs back to shape.
- Comfortable and Cleanable Cover Options: The furniture fabric option breathes better than the leatherette covering. This aids in preventing hotspots and sweating. Alternately, the leatherette-covered pads are more easily cleaned and disinfected.
- Versatile and Mobile Design: The Freestanding Double Leg Rest is equipped to be self-supporting and move independent of any other furniture. As a result it is possible to make small positioning adjustments with nominal effort, changing positions to optimize comfort throughout the day.
- Safety Lock Casters: The Freestanding Double Leg Rest is equipped with casters that engage a safety lock when weight is removed (i.e. when the weight of the leg(s) is no longer applied to the rest). This ensures that the Leg Rest cannot roll out of reach, which is especially important for those who would have difficulty retrieving it.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Freestanding Double Leg Rest - Tilted
Freestanding Double Leg Rest - Level
Freestanding Double Leg Rest - Leatherette Option
- Vertical Adjustment Range for Leg Rest:
Minimum: 15" (38.1 cm)
Maximum: 18.75" (47.6 cm)
- Vertical Adjustment Mechanism: Standard "chair-style" lever release with gas cylinder (low pressure for easier adjustment)
- Angle of Adjustment for Leg Rest:
NOTE: The legrest locks in position at any point within the 15 degree tilt range.
- Tilt Adjustment Mechanism: Self-locking lever release mechanism
- Pad Width: 18.5" (47 cm)
- Pad Length: 16" (40.6 cm)
- Concave Pad Thickness:
Sides of Pad: 2.5" (6.4 cm)
Middle of Pad: 2.0" (5.1 cm)
- Base Dimensions: 19.7" (50 cm)
Base: Black Aluminum
- Pad Covering Material: Fabric or Leatherette options
- Pad Inner Material: Standard Foam
Gas Lift - Lifetime against leakage
Metal Parts - 5 Years
Upholstery - 2 Years (if used for its intended purpose)
- Package Contents: Score Freestanding Double Leg Rest
- Assembly Time: 5 Minutes, No tools required
- When making initial height and tilt adjustments it is suggested that you enlist the assistance of another person who can perform these adjustments while you are seated comfortably. This will ensure that the height and angle are adjusted to match your optimal seating position.
- Unless directed otherwise by medical service providers it may be a good idea to occasionally remove the leg(s) from the pad and adopt a more traditional sitting position, even if for short periods.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|6114T1KR1703ZW12M21Z|| Score Freestanding Double Leg Rest, Black Leatherette, Black Base, Black Cylinder|