| Usage Tips |
The Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse Wireless from Posturite allows the user to rest either hand comfortably alongside the vertical structure, encouraging the use of the gross motor muscles in the forearm and upper arm to manoeuvre the mouse. Fine cursor control can be achieved with small hand and/or finger movements. Its ambidextrous design and central ‘bow-tie’ switch allow for easy transition between right and left handed use. The weight of the hand resting on the base ensures easy movement and control of the mouse, reducing the need to "grip" the mouse and permitting the fingers to remain relaxed while still being in optimum position for clicking. Features include adjustable DPI (400, 600, 800, or 1200), a precision scroll wheel and silver-based antimicrobial coating. The Penguin Mouse is also available in a wired model.
The Penguin Mouse is available in 3 sizes - Small, Medium,and Large. This Sizing Chart will assist you in determining which model will best fit your hand dimensions. If you have unusually long fingers or a very broad hand or if you are unsure whether a given size will work we encourage you to contact us for sizing assistance.
- The Ambidextrous design of the Penguin Mouse enables users to 'load balance' throughout the day by distributing the repetitive actions of mousing to both arms, thereby providing rest periods for both sides.
Encourages Blood Flow Through the Arm
- An ordinary horizontal mouse causes your forearm to twist away from its natural position, which can reduce blood flow, put muscles in awkward positions and increase the rate of fatigue. For many, this can result in discomfort and pain while mousing. The vertical orientation of the Penguin provides a more natural forearm positioning while the increased upper arm movement associated with the Penguin can aid in reducing potential restriction in the thoracic outlet.
Eliminates Forearm Pronation
- The vertical forearm orientation which the Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse provides permits the muscles to relax, as the hand is positioned in relaxed position.
Eliminates the Risk of 'Trigger Finger' and 'Clawing'
- As the fingers are able to relax against the buttons in a curled position there is no reason to 'hover' over the buttons. Clicking becomes a natural action as users simply curl the fingers inward to activate the buttons. The large diameter and rubberized finish of the scroll wheel enable users to scroll with less repetition and with a more natural 'curling' of the fingers.
Eliminates Traditional NEED TO 'Grip The Mouse'
- The upright design of the Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse removes the 'pinching' action commonly associated with the use of a standard mouse. Rather than the thumb and fingers working in opposition to each other the thumb is able to rest alongside the mouse primarily as a stabilizer to maintain a comfortable contact with the body of the mouse. The weight of the hand resting on the base of mouse provides sufficient contact to enable mouse movement without having to 'control' it by gripping.
Almost Zero Learning Curve
- The position of the hand on the Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse is both natural and relaxed. Buttons are activated with the same fingers as on most traditional mice and the vertical design enables users to switch from side to side without having to access their Control Panel to change any settings.
- As clicking is generated by curling the fingers backward towards the user the cursor remains stable.
- Pointer control is as accurate as any other high-quality mouse.
- 3 Sizes Available: Small, Medium, and Large sizes accommodate virtually any hand size.
- Adjustable Laser Sensor: DPI selector on underside enables user to select from four pointer speed settings (400, 600, 800, 1200 DPI)
- Wireless & Wired Options: All sizes are available in both Wireless and wired models. The Wireless models have a rechargeable Lithium battery and include a detachable retracting USB charging cord.
- DPI Selection Indicator: Blue LED behind scroll wheel flashes to indicate point speed selection
- Oversized Scroll Wheel: Rubberized finish ensures smooth and easy scrolling
- Bowtie Switch: Enables quick switching for Right or Left hand use
- Antimicrobial Coating: The Penguin Mouse has a silver-based anti-microbial coating that makes it ideal for multi-user environments.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse
Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse - Front View
Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse - Top View
Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse - Correct Hand Positioning
Penguin Mouse - Available in 3 Sizes
Penguin Mouse - Rechargeable
Penguin Mouse - Eliminates Pronation
Penguin Mouse - Sizing Chart
Penguin Mouse - Low Friction WowPad Mousing Surface Accessory
New 3D Interactive Virtual Product
- Sizing Chart: PDF
- Usability Study January 2013: PDF
- Base Size:
Small: 4.875" (12.4 cm) W x 3.875" (9.9 cm) D
Medium: 4.25" (11.4 cm) W x 5.375" (13.7 cm) D
Large: 4.75" (12.1 cm) W x 6.0" (15.2 cm) D
Small: 3.0" (7.6 cm)
Medium: 3.5" (8.9 cm)
Large: 3.875" (9.8 cm)
- Weight: Wireless:
- Small: 5.6 oz (159 grams)
- Medium: 7.4 oz (210 grams)
- Large: 8.53 oz (241 grams)
Back portion is polyurethane finish which ensures positive hand contact
Belly is Silver plastic, enabling fingers to move smoothly on buttons
Silver-based Antimicrobial Coating
- Laser Resolution: 400, 600, 800, 1200 DPI
PC: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
Mac: OS X
- Interface: USB 2.0, USB Mini Receiver, Detachable retractable charging cord
- Default Button Functions:
- Top finger Button: Left Click
- Scroll Wheel Button: Middle Click
- Bottom Finger Button: Right Click
- Bow-Tie Switch: Right/Left Selection
- Available Models: Small, Medium and Large (also available in Wired Model.)
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Package Contents: Wireless Model: Penguin Mouse, Wireless Mini Receiver, Retractable Charging Cord, User Guide
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|982-0099|| Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse, Small, Cordless, Rechargeable, USB|
|982-0102|| Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse, Medium, Cordless, Rechargeable, USB|
|982-0103|| Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse, Large, Cordless, Rechargeable, USB|
|8DG55-PEN|| Black with Posturite logo, Bulk Packaging|