Page last updated: Fri, 23-Aug-2019 11:21:54
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
MultiRite Document Holder and Writing Slopeby Posturite
| Additional Resources |
The MultiRite Document Holder and Writing Slope is a refined edition of Posturite's popular desk accessory. Placed on the desk between the keyboard and monitor, the MultiRite keeps reference materials and handwriting projects directly in front of the user. By reducing the need to twist or reach outside the Comfort Zone, and by providing stable support for the hand and arm, this hard-working accessory offers significant ergonomic benefits to those whose job involves reading, handwriting or jotting down notes at a computer workstation.
The easel on the MultiRite supports sheets of paper, heavy binders or books, positioning them all at a comfortable angle for viewing. The easel is made of rigid frosted acrylic with a 0.2" high metal ledge at the front to keep loose papers in place. Gliding on smooth ball bearing tracks, the easel can also be pulled down towards the user up to 6.5" to provide a spacious, stable surface that floats above the keyboard, eliminating the need to reach over the keyboard when handwriting. When the handwriting task is complete, the easel slides easily back into its original position and is secured in place by a magnet. Rubber feet on the heavy duty plate metal base prevent the MultiRite from shifting on the desk during use. A storage compartment beneath the easel keeps pens, pencils, paper clips and other small desk essentials close at hand.
Note: Two styles of Wrist Rest Accessory are available, Gel or Foam. The wrist rest is approximately 9" wide, fits into the pencil groove at the front of the easel, and slides to the other side of the easel when not needed. As well as its intended use, the wrist rest can also serve to hold a higher stack of loose papers in place.
This newest version of the MultiRite offers two ranges of slope adjustment from 3º to 33º, with a smaller footprint base than previous models. The slope enables the easel to overhang the edge of the desk by 1.5" without sacrificing stability, making the MultiRite compatible with dual height worksurfaces (and articulating keyboard arms).
The MultiRite Document Holder and Writing Slope is available in three sizes: Large (23.6" wide, fits keyboards up to 22" wide), Medium (20.4" wide, fits keyboards up to 18.8" wide), and Small (14.6" wide, fits keyboards up to 13.2" wide).
Reduces Strain on the Neck Muscles
- The MultiRite Document Holder and Writing Slope allows users to keep reference and handwriting documents directly in front of them, between the keyboard and the monitor. This placement eliminates the need to keep turning the head to one side when reading or writing at a computer workstation. The result is a significant reduction in the risks of inflammation and overuse injury in the muscles of the neck.
Reduces Strain on the Upper Back Muscles
- By allowing users to pull the writing surface up to 6.5" closer, the MultiRite eliminates the need to reach forward over the keyboard when handwriting. The more convenient position places far fewer demands on the muscles of the upper back and shoulder.
Keeps the Comfort Zone Clear
- The MultiRite Document Holder and Writing Slope corrals reading, handwriting and small office supplies into a single, compact footprint. This efficient use of space allows the user to ensure devices such as the phone, mouse, numeric keypad or calculator remain within or close to the Comfort Zone. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Low Profile Lip
- The low profile lip across the bottom of the easel is sufficient to prevent books and papers from slipping off, but low enough not to create pressure on the sensitive underside of the forearm. (Note: To soften this lip, consider adding the MultiRest Gel Forearm Cushion. See Accessories
- Sliding Easel: The easel can be pushed back into its stored position when the user is reading or typing, and can be pulled down over the keyboard to provide a closer surface for handwriting tasks.
- Generous Work Surface: With the easel on all sizes of MultiRite measuring 12" deep, even the smallest model offers plenty of room for supporting books and binders, and for completing handwriting or note-taking tasks.
- Ability to Cantilever: Counterbalanced by the weight of the MultiRite, the easel remains stable and secure even when extended below the edge of a desk.
- Variable Slope: The writing slope can be secured firmly in place at angles ranging from 19° to 27° as required. The lower range offers 8º to 22º of adjustment; the higher range offers 3º to 33º of adjustment. The corresponding height at the rear of the easel will range between 4.9" (12.4 cm) and 8.5" (21.5 cm).
- Pen and Pencil Storage: A deep groove running along the full width of the easel holds pens and pencils, highlighters and erasers.
- Extra Storage: A storage compartment beneath the easel provides ample space to store office supplies such as sticky notes, pens, correction tape, and binder clips.
- Three Sizes: The MultiRite Document Holder and Writing Slope is available in three sizes: Large, Medium and Small.
- Colour: Black/Grey
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
MultiRite Document Holder and Writing Slope - Large
MultiRite Document Holder and Writing Slope - Medium
MultiRite Document Holder and Writing Slope - Small
MultiRite Document Holder and Writing Slope In Use
MultiRite In Writing Mode
MultiRite Pull Down Document Holder
MultiRite Gel Wrist Rest Accessory
MultiRite Memory Foam Wrist Rest Accessory
- Width: Large 23.6" (60 cm); Medium: 20.4" (52 cm); Small 14.6" (37 cm)
- Maximum Keyboard Width: Large, compatible with keyboards no wider than 22" (55 cm); Medium, compatible with keyboards no wider than 18.8" (47 cm); Small, compatible with keyboards no wider than 13.2" (33 cm)
- Height at Front: All sizes 3.5" (8.9 cm)
- Height at Rear: All sizes 4.9" - 8.5" (12.4 cm - 21.5 cm) (Note: The degree of slope selected determines the height at the back of the MultiRite.)
- Total Depth: All sizes 12" (30.4 cm)
- Weight: Large 12.7 lbs (5.75 kgs); Medium 11 lbs (5 kg); Small 9.6 lbs (4.35 kg)
- Forward Extension of Easel: 6.5" (16.5 cm)
- Height of Document Ledge: 0.2" (0.6cm)
- Dimensions of Storage Compartment: 5" (12.5 cm) tall, 9" (22.5 cm) wide, 1" (2.5 cm) deep
- Primary Angle Range: Minimum 8°; Maximum 22°
- Secondary Angle Range: Minimum 3°; Maximum 33°
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Package Contents: MultiRite Document Holder and Writing Slope; Instruction Sheet
- When adding a MultiRite to your workstation you will want to ensure that your monitor is positioned high enough that you are able to view the lowest portion of your screen without interference from the MultiRite. At the lowest setting the top rear edge of the MultiRite is about 5" above the desk. As the writing surface angle is increased that height can increase to over 7". If you are of shorter stature your line of sight to the bottom of your monitor(s) is at a shallower angle and this may require that you elevate your monitor in order to retain full view of the screen. If your monitor stand offers height adjustment that might be sufficient elevation. Otherwise you will need to consider adding monitor risers to increase the elevation as needed. A wide variety of monitor risers are available in height increments from 1" up to several inches high. The other possibility may be to consider a monitor arm which would permit the monitor to be easily positioned at any height as required. Taller users should not require as much elevation as their line of site is at a greater angle and they may be able to look down past the back edge of the MultiRite to view their screen. However, if the MultiRite is set to a higher angle setting even taller users will most likely need to increase their monitor elevation. Learn more about Correct Monitor Positioning.
Note: Users with multifocal lenses may find that raising the monitor is not an option as this can lead to RSI as a result of continuous neck extension. Neck tension and headaches are common problems which can occur as a result of this posture which can also have deleterious effects on the physical structure of the neck and upper back. In these cases alternative solutions for document placement should be considered, eg. a Slantboard or Document holder positioned to one side of the user.
- Your workstation needs to provide sufficient depth and width to accommodate your MultiRite. Generally a wider unit is more desirable but there may be situations where a wider unit may not fit. The Large and Medium models will accommodate virtually all standard keyboard widths but the Small will require a Compact Keyboard no wider than about 13.5". You will also want to consider the placement of your mousing device as this may have bearing on which width you select. With regards to depth, when a MultiRite is combined with an average keyboard positioned at the very front edge of the desk you will need, at the very minimum, 16.5" of depth. If you monitor is placed closer than that it will need to be moved further back on the desk.
- When writing more than a quick notation be sure to draw the writing surface down towards yourself. This will enable your arm to be in as neutral a position as possible, with your elbow close to your side and positioned roughly below your shoulder. Doing this will ensure that you are not overreaching outside your Comfort Zone by reaching past the keyboard when performing more extended writing. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
- If you are using the MultiRite on a workstation with a secondary keyboard worksurface or tray, ensure the front feet on the base of the MultiRite do not hang over the edge of the upper worksurface. Unsupported feet will decrease the stability of the MultiRite when the writing surface is pulled down towards you, making it prone to tipping when downward pressure is exerted on the extended writing surface.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|982-0403|| MultiRite Document Holder and Writing Slope, Medium (20.4" wide)|
|982-0400|| MultiRite Document Holder and Writing Slope, Small (14.6" wide)|
|982-0406|| MultiRite Document Holder and Writing Slope, Large (23.6" wide)|
|1104003|| MultiRest Foam Wrist Rest Accessory, 0.75" Thick, 8.75" W x 1.375" D, Black Note: Due to the nature of this product we cannot offer our 30 day customer satisfaction guarantee on this product.|
|982-0410|| MultiRest Gel Wrist Rest Accessory, 7/8" Thick, 9.5" W x 1.375" D, Black. Note: Due to the nature of this product we cannot offer our 30 day customer satisfaction guarantee on this product.|