Page last updated: Tue, 19-Feb-2019 14:56:54
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Imagine Work Surfaceby Microthin
| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The Imagine Work Surface by Microthin is an exceptionally thin (0.38 mm) desk pad made of one single ply of antibacterial, chemically inert polyvinylchloride (PVC). The top is ideally suited to provide a precise tracking surface for optical and laser mice. The patented “sure-grip” bottom securely adheres to any smooth surface. Simply clean the mounting surface, press down firmly and the Imagine Work Surface is secured. This desk pad seamlessly integrates on the worksurface and is easily cleaned to the desired degree, using hot water or even soap, industrial cleaners and disinfectants (for applications where hygiene is a prime concern).
The Imagine Work Surface also functions well as a writing surface superior to most common desk surfaces. While protecting the desk surface it provides a convenient surface on which to jot down notes on paper. The surface can even be written on directly with wet erase pens. Due to the matte finish on the pad, there will be no issue with glare off the surface. The Imagine Work Surface is available in several patterns to enhance office decor.
The Imagine Work Surface provides plenty of surface area for unrestricted movement of even the largest of specialized ergonomic mice. The large dimensions let users set their mouse pointer speed lower and engage the larger muscles of the arm for mouse movement, rather than relying on micro-movements of the fingers and wrist, actions which greatly increase the risk of RSI and associated injuries such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
For other Microthin mouse pads, see the smaller tray sized, circular or laptop models.
Note on Cleaning Imagine Work Surfaces: The bottom can be cleaned with alcohol or glass cleaners.
Low Friction Surface
- The precisely textured surface of the Imagine Work Surface is composed of thousands of hills and valleys as opposed to one smooth flat surface. As a result, the teflon glide pads on the bottom of the mouse only make contact with 20% of the surface, reducing the "drag" of the mouse on the surface by as much as 80%. Both the coefficient of static friction (beginning to move the mouse from a static position) and dynamic friction (the resistance on the mouse while it is moving) are reduced by a similar amount.
Flush with Desktop
- At less than half a millimeter, the WowPad seamlessly merges with the worksurface. The edge is so thin that there is minimal issue with being on the pad or not, or accidentally going off the surface. If a portion of the pad has to go under another device (keyboard, phone, etc.) it will not affect the access or functionality.
"Soft" as a Stack of Papers
- In the same way that a writing pad or stack of paper improves writing fluidity of some pens and pencils, the textured surface achieves this same goal without being thick, bulky or impractical as a worksurface accessory.
- Extremely Thin: The exceptionally thin (0.38 mm) surface easily fits on any desktop or keyboard tray.
- Anti-Bacterial: The Imagine Work Surface is composed of polyvinylchloride (PVC) material which is inherently of anti-microbial construction. Microbes need a place to embed themselves — at 30,000X magnification, this material is completely smooth so there is nowhere for the microbes to "dwell". Most plastics are pitted so there are tiny "dents" which prevents them from being considered anti-microbial. Triclosan is added to the underside of the Microthin mousepads (the non-skid surface).
- Durable: The surface does not degrade from cleaning or washing and is resistant to wear from usage. The Imagine Work Surface in all cases is superior to mousing on the surface of a standard desk.
- Non-Slip Bottom: The bottom of the pad is non-slip and quickly affixes to any clean surface for quick installation. Should the pad collect dust or debris, simply run hot water over it, let it dry and it is ready for redeployment.
- BPS and Latex Free: The construction does not use either of these materials which some individuals prefer to not have in their work environment.
- Antistatic: The material is inherently antistatic and will not cause issues for users who might experience shocks due to static.
- Use as a Writing Surface: The surface and size of the Imagine Work Surface makes it an ideal a writing surface, whether writing on paper on top of the pad or directly onto the surface of the pad (using dry erase markers, of course).
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Imagine Work Surface
Imagine Work Surface with Inspirational Business Word Cloud
Imagine Work Surface with World Map and Time Zones
Imagine Work Surface with ShipLap
Imagine Work Surface White Wet Erase
- Width: 36"
- Depth (front to back): 24"
- Height: 0.015" (0.38 mm)
- Material: Polyvinylchloride (PVC)
- Shape: Rectangle
- Package Contents: Imagine Work Surface
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|DS001|| Microthin Imagine 24" x 36" Non-Slip Work Surface / Desk Pad with Inspirational Business Word Cloud|
|DS005|| Microthin Imagine 24" x 36" Non-Slip Work Surface / Desk Pad with World Map and Time Zones|
|DS008|| Microthin Imagine 24" x 36" Non-Slip Work Surface / Desk Pad with ShipLap|
|DS010|| Microthin Imagine 24" x 36" Non-Slip White Wet Erase Work Surface / Desk Pad|