Page last updated: Tue, 19-Feb-2019 14:56:52
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
WowPad Circular Mousing Surfaceby Microthin
| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The WowPad by Microthin is an exceptionally thin (0.38 mm) mouse pad made of one single ply of antibacterial, chemically inert polyvinylchloride (PVC). The top is ideally suited to provide a precise tracking surface for optical and laser mice. The patented “sure-grip” bottom securely adheres to any smooth surface. Simply clean the mounting surface, press down firmly and the WowPad is secured to the surface. The mouse pad seamlessly integrates on the worksurface and is easily cleaned to the desired degree, using hot water or even soap, industrial cleaners and disinfectants (for applications where hygiene is a prime concern).
The WowPad also functions well as a writing surface superior to most common desk surfaces. While protecting the desk surface it provides a convenient location to jot down notes in a prime area while not actively mousing. It is available in a retail sleeve or in environmentally friendly bulk packaging for orders of 2 or more units.
For other WowPad mouse pads, see the smaller laptop or tray sized models.
Note on cleaning WowPads: The bottom can be cleaned with alcohol or glass cleaners.
Low Friction Surface
- The precisely textured surface of the WowPad is composed of thousands of hills and valleys as opposed to one smooth flat surface. As a result, the teflon glide pads on the bottom of the mouse only make contact with 20% of the surface, reducing the “drag” of the mouse on the surface by as much as 80%. Both the coefficient of static friction (beginning to move the mouse from a static position) and dynamic friction (the resistance on the mouse while it is moving) are reduced by a similar amount.
Eliminates Wrist Extension
- The 0.38 mm thick pad is not a source of wrist extension unlike other mouse pads which are often thicker and/or have palm pads which are a significant
Flush with Desktop
- At less than half a millimeter, the WowPad seamlessly merges with the worksurface. The edge is so thin that there is minimal issue with being on the pad or not, or accidentally going off the surface. If a portion of the pad has to go under another device (keyboard, phone, etc.) it will not affect the access or functionality.
“Soft” as a Stack of Papers
- In the same way that a writing pad or stack of paper improves writing fluidity of some pens and pencils, the textured surface achieves this same goal without being thick, bulky or impractical as a worksurface accessory.
- Extremely Thin: The exceptionally thin (0.38 mm) surface easily fits on any desktop or keyboard tray.
- Precision Tracking Design: The “TechPad” design used on the WowPad provides optimal tracking with all optical and laser mice.
- Anti-Bacterial: Anti-Bacterial – The WowPad is composed of polyvinylchloride (PVC) material which is inherently of anti-microbial construction. Microbes need a place to embed themselves — at 30,000X magnification, this material is completely smooth so there is nowhere for the microbes to “dwell”. Most plastics are pitted so there are tiny “dents” which prevents them from being considered anti-microbial. Triclosan is added to the underside of the Microthin mousepads (the non-skid surface).
- Durable: The surface does not degrade from cleaning or washing and is resistant to wear from usage. The Wowpad in all cases is superior to mousing on the surface of a standard desk.
- Non-Slip Bottom: The bottom of the pad is non-slip and quickly affixes to any clean surface for quick installation. Should the pad collect dust or debris, simply run hot water over it, let it dry and it is ready for redeployment.
- BPS and Latex Free: The construction does not use either of these materials which some individuals prefer to not have in their work environment.
- Antistatic: The material is inherently antistatic and will not cause issues for users who might experience shocks due to static.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
WowPad Circular Mousing Surface #8DC31 - Clear
WowPad Circular Mousing Surface #8DG55-002 - Blue Graphite
WowPad Circular Mousing Surface #8DG55-001 - Black Graphite
Wow!Pad Circular Mousing Surface #8DG55-003 - Red Graphite
WowPad Circular Mousing Surface #8DGW55 - White Battery Saver
WowPad Circular Mousing Surface #8DG55-ERGO - ErgoCanada Logo
Workstation Guide WowPad
Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse WowPad
Hippus HandshoeMouse WowPad
- Diameter: 8.5" (21.6 cm)
- Height: 0.015" (0.38 mm)
- Material: Polyvinylchloride (PVC)
- Shape: Circle
- Available colours: Clear,
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|8DG55-001|| Black, Bulk Packaging|
|8DG55-001-RET|| Black, Retail Packaging|
|8DG55-002|| Blue, Bulk Packaging|
|8DG55-002-RET|| Blue, Retail Packaging|
|8DG55-003|| Red, Bulk Packaging|
|8DG55-003-RET|| Red, Retail Packaging|
|8DGW55|| White, Bulk Packaging|
|8DGW55-RET|| White, Retail Packaging|
|8DC31|| Clear, Bulk Packaging|
|8DC31-RET|| Clear, Retail Packaging|
|8DG55-3WS|| Black with 3 Workstation Guide Graphic, Bulk Packaging|
|8DG55-ERGO|| Black with ErgoCanada logo, Bulk Packaging|
|8DG55-HIP|| Black with Hippus logo, Bulk Packaging|
|8DG55-PEN|| Black with Posturite logo, Bulk Packaging|