| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard from Matias is for individuals who miss the Apple Wired Keyboard but want the cordless freedom of Bluetooth connection. This keyboard can pair with, and retain, always-live connections to as many as 4 different Bluetooth devices, switching between them with the touch of a key and automatically adjusting its layout to be compatible with the active device (i.e. Android, Windows, iPad, etc.). The rechargeable battery is able to provide up to three months of use between charges, without needing to power down and disconnect during idle periods. This makes this wireless keyboard perform more like a wired keyboard in that it is always connected and ready without a "wake up" period. The Mac model also offers screen brightness and media control via the FN keys. Matias scissor switches provide a satisfying typing experience on this slim, low-profile keyboard.
The Matias Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard is available for both Mac and PC, Model FK416BT is compatible with Mac OS X all the way back to Version 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) and is available in Silver. The PC model (FK416PCBT) is legended for Windows OS and is available in Black.
For heavy use the Wireless Aluminum Keyboard offers the same functionality but has four times the battery life and a rigid aluminum housing.
Reduced Risk of Wrist Extension
- The Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard presents a low front profile which means that there is not a significant difference between keyboard height and the work surface. For users who "rest" the heel of their hands when keyboarding low profile can reduce the risks associated with wrist extension. Learn more about Wrist Extension.
Reduced Risk of Shoulder and Back Pain
- Keying on compact laptops requires that one position the hands unnaturally close together. This means that the shoulders must be "rolled in" and usually also down, putings undue strain on both the shoulders and the upper back. Extended use of devices requiring this posture can have a noticeable effect on the health of the shoulders and back. The Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard addresses this by providing a means of entering data on these devices without the space limitations of the device width. In addition, the ability to quickly switch between devices means that those working with multiple devices may actually be able to increase their productivity since they no longer have to physically switch between devices in order to enter data.
Reduces Risk of Developing "Texting Thumb"
- The tight positioning that is required on cell phones encourages heavy reliance on the thumbs for data input. This is known to often trigger inflammation and irritation of the thumb tendons. Left unchecked this can easily develop into the debilitating condition known as De Quervain Syndrome.
The Wireless Aluminum Keyboard addresses this by providing a full width keyboard of standard spacing which spreads the data entry load across the entire hand.
Reduced Risk of Neck Pain
- By providing a means of entering data on mobile device without the need to hold it in the hands, the Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard also facilitates ergonomic positioning of the device(s) at a height and angle better suited for viewing. Positioning the device screen at an ergonomically appropriate viewing level can reduce or eliminate the need to bend the neck.
- Bluetooth Connection: The Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard employs Bluetooth for its wireless connection. This ensures quick connection to paired devices regardless of the operating system.
- Multi-Device Capability: The Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard is capable of being paired with up to 4 Bluetooth Devices. Mac, iOS, Android, or Window operating systems can all be accessed at the touch of a button, making this keyboard a true multi-platform device.
- Device-Directed Layout: The Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard for PC automatically determines the operating system of the device being connected to and adjusts to the appropriate layout accordingly.
- Rechargeable Battery: The Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard is equipped with a rechargeable battery capable of providing up to 3 months of wireless connectivity on a single charge. Recharging is as simple as connecting the USB power cord.
- Low Profile Design: The Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard employs a "chiclet" or "island" keycap which permits a very low profile. The profile tapers from 3/4" at the back to just 3/8" thick at the front, presenting a slightly angled profile.
- Integrated Numeric Keypad: The numeric pad makes this keyboard suitable for all types of computing.
- Familiar Design: Those familiar with Apple-designed keyboards will appreciate the familiar design.
- Slightly Concave Keycaps: To assist touch typists in maintaining home row position on the keyboard the keycaps feature a very slight concave surface just barely detectable by the fingertips.
- Plastic Housing: The upper housing on the Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard is made of plastic, which keeps this keyboard budget-friendly.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Matias Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard
Matias Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard - Mac Layout
Matias Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard - Command Key
Matias Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard - Numeric Keypad
Matias Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard - PC Model (Black)
Matias Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard - PC Model Layout
Matias Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard - PC Model (Black) Windows Key
Width: 17.35" (44.1 cm)
Depth: 4.6" (11.6 cm)
- Front: 0.375" (0.8 cm)
- Rear: 0.75" (1.9 cm)
- Weight: 1.4 lbs (606 g)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth
- System Requirements: Bluetooth-enabled device or USB Bluetooth Receiver dongle.
iPhone or iPod Touch
Android 3.0 or higher
Mac or PC with Bluetooth
- Mac OS X v.10.6.8 or later (for Mac function keys)
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited
- Package Contents: Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard, USB Charging Cable, User Manual
- Make sure the keyboard is properly positioned. Sit in your usual position at your desk and gently square your shoulders. Allow your upper arms to relax to your waist. Lift your forearms at the elbow and extend your fingers so that there is a straight line from your elbow through the centre of your wrist to your middle finger. Adjust your seat height or keyboard tray so that your arms and hands can maintain this position as you type.
Note: If you need to raise your chair you will most likely need some kind of support for your feet.
- Utilize the multi-device capabilities of the Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard to input data to all of your bluetooth-equipped devices. This will most likely increase both speed and accuracy in your communications in addition to providing a more ergonomic method of data entry.
- As you no longer need to hold your portable devices when keying you can now take the time to create a more ergonomic workstation by better positioning the screens for viewing. Raising them to an elevation that eliminates the need to bend your neck for viewing has potential to reduce the risk of neck and upper back strain commonly associated with portable device usage.
- Try to keep the straight line through the wrist while typing. If you find that your hands are angling up at the wrist you may wish to add a palm support to aid in maintaining that neutral alignment. If considering a palm support you will want one that offers a low profile to match the height of the keyboard.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FK416BT|| Matias Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard for Mac, Silver Plastic Housing with Black Keycaps|
|FK416PCBT|| Matias Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard for PC, Black Plastic Housing with Black Keycaps|