| Additional Resources Accessories |
Reminiscent of Apple design concepts, the Wireless Aluminum Keyboard from Matias shifts the focus to enhanced product performance with a full-function numeric keypad, making this wireless keyboard suitable for all types of computing. The Bluetooth function can pair with and retain always-live connections to as many as 4 different Bluetooth devices, automatically adjusting its layout to be compatible with the active device (i.e. Android, Windows, iPad, etc.). Mac-friendly function keys provide access to screen brightness and media controls. The high power, long-lasting 1600 mAh battery is able to provide up to a year of use between charges, without needing to power down and disconnect during idle periods. This makes this wireless keyboard perform more like a wired keyboard in that it is always connected and ready without a "wake up" period.
The Wireless Aluminum Keyboard is equipped with high quality Matias scissor switches to provide a satisfying typing experience despite the slim design, weighs just 1.18 lbs, and comes in four complimentary colors — Silver, Space Gray, Gold and Rose Gold.
If more frequent charging and a plastic housing are not an issue the budget-friendly Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard offers the same Bluetooth functionality with a shorter 3-month charge cycle.
Reduced Risk of Wrist Extension
- The Wireless Aluminum Keyboard presents a low front profile which means that there is not a significant difference between keyboard height and the work surface. For users who "rest" the heel of their hands when keyboarding low profile can reduce the risks associated with wrist extension. Learn more about Wrist Extension.
Reduced Risk of Shoulder and Back Pain
- Keying on compact laptops requires that one position the hands unnaturally close together. This requires that the shoulders be "rolled in" and usually also down. This puts undue strain on both the shoulders and the upper back. Extended use of devices requiring this posture can have a noticeable effect on the health of the shoulders and back. The Wireless Aluminum Keyboard addresses this by providing a means of entering data on these devices without the space limitations of the device width. In addition, the ability to quickly switch between devices means that those working with multiple devices may actually be able to increase their productivity since they no longer have to physically switch between devices in order to enter data.
Reduces Risk of Developing "Texting Thumb"
- The tight positioning that is required on cell phones encourages heavy reliance on the thumbs for data input. This is known to often trigger inflammation and irritation of the thumb tendons. Left unchecked this can easily develop into the debilitating condition known as De Quervain Syndrome.
The Wireless Aluminum Keyboard addresses this by providing a full width keyboard of standard spacing which spreads the data entry load across the entire hand.
Reduced Risk of Neck Pain
- By providing a means of entering data on mobile device without the need to hold it in the hands, the Wireless Aluminum Keyboard also facilitates ergonomic positioning of the device(s) at a height and angle better suited for viewing. Positioning the device screen at an ergonomically appropriate viewing level can reduce or eliminate the need to bend the neck.
Load Balance Workload
- Using one input device to access multiple platforms (Computer, Tablet, Cell Phone) allows people to load balance their workflow and activities throughout the day, as one works on each of these devices in different ways, typically moving more with tablets and phones and less with computers.
- Bluetooth Connection: The Wireless Aluminum Keyboard employs Bluetooth for its wireless connection. This ensures quick connection to paired devices regardless of the operating system.
- Multi-Device Capability: The Wireless Aluminum Keyboard is capable of pairing with, and maintaining connection to, up to 4 Bluetooth Devices. Any combination of Mac, iOS, Android, or Window devices can be accessed at the touch of a button, making this keyboard a true multi-platform device.
- Device-Directed Layout: The Wireless Aluminum Keyboard automatically determines the operating system of the device being connected to and adjusts to the appropriate layout accordingly.
- Extended Life Rechargeable Battery: The Wireless Aluminum Keyboard is equipped with a 1,600 mAh rechargeable battery capable of providing up to a year of wireless connectivity on a single charge. Recharging is as simple as connecting the USB power cord.
- "Always ON" Connection: Unlike most other keyboards which will power down or close connections to conserve battery power, the oversized rechargeable battery enables the Wireless Aluminum Keyboard to maintain connections at all times. Pairing is maintained with all devices, ensuring an "immediate" connection as soon as they are turned on or within range.
- Integrated Numeric Keypad: Unlike the Apple Wireless keyboard which does not offer a numeric keypad, the Wireless Aluminum Keyboard includes a full numeric keypad, providing complete "all-platform" keyboard functionality.
- Low Profile Design: The Wireless Aluminum Keyboard employs a "chiclet" or "island" keycap which permits a very low profile. The profile tapers from 3/4" at the back to just 3/8" thick at the front, presenting a slightly angled profile.
- Colour-Matching Options: Mac enthusiasts can choose a keyboard colour to match the their computer. Colours available are Silver, Gold, Space Gray, and Rose Gold.
- Non-reflective Finish: All colours of the Wireless Aluminum Keyboard feature a matte anodized finish which eliminates reflection and glare. It also means fingerprints are not visible.
- Slightly Concave Keycaps: To assist touch typists in their keying accuracy on the keyboard the keycaps feature a very slight concave surface just barely detectable by the fingertips. Raised bumps on the F and J keys assist in maintaining home row position.
- Mac-friendly Function Keys: Common Mac functions such as screen brightness and volume control are easily accessed. Those who require the traditional F-Key functions can temporarily access these using the "fn" key.
- Sturdy Aluminum Housing: The upper housing on the Wireless Aluminum Keyboard is of aluminum which ensures strength and rigidity.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Wireless Aluminum Keyboard - Space Gray
Wireless Aluminum Keyboard - Gold
Wireless Aluminum Keyboard - Rose Gold
Wireless Aluminum Keyboard - Silver
New 3D Interactive Virtual Product
Width: 17.35" (44.1 cm)
Depth: 4.6" (11.6 cm)
- Front: 0.375" ( cm)
- Rear: 0.75" ( cm)
- Weight: 1.18 lbs (535 g)
- Cable Length: 39" (1 m)
- Battery: 1,600 mAh Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Polymer
- Battery Life:
Usage: 1 Year - 533 to 1,600 hours of uninterrupted typing time(varies depending on typing speed, indicator lights, etc.)
Standby: 2 Years
- Colours Available: Silver, Gold, Space Gray, Rose Gold
- System Requirements: Bluetooth-enabled device or USB Bluetooth Receiver dongle.
iPhone or iPod Touch
Android 3.0 or higher
Mac or PC with Bluetooth
- Mac OS X v.10.6.8 or later (for Mac function keys)
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited - Warranty Details
- Package Contents: Wireless Aluminum Keyboard, USB Charging Cable, User Manual
- Make sure the keyboard is properly positioned. Sit in your usual position at your desk and gently square your shoulders. Allow your upper arms to relax to your waist. Lift your forearms at the elbow and extend your fingers so that there is a straight line from your elbow through the centre of your wrist to your middle finger. Adjust your seat height or keyboard tray so that your arms and hands can maintain this position as you type.
Note: If you need to raise your chair you will most likely need some kind of support for your feet.
- Utilize the multi-device capabilities of the Wireless Aluminum Keyboard to input data to all of your bluetooth-equipped devices. This will most likely increase both speed and accuracy in your communications in addition to providing a more ergonomic method of data entry.
- As you no longer need to hold your portable devices when keying you can now take the time to create a more ergonomic workstation by better positioning the screens for viewing. Raising them to an elevation that eliminates the need to bend your neck for viewing has potential to reduce the risk of neck and upper back strain commonly associated with portable device usage.
- Try to keep the straight line through the wrist while typing. If you find that your hands are angling up at the wrist you may wish to add a palm support to aid in maintaining that neutral alignment. If considering a palm support you will want one that offers a low profile to match the height of the keyboard.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FK418BTB|| Space Gray|
|FK418BTRG|| Rose Gold|