| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight from Matias adds yet another feature to the Apple-inspired Wireless Aluminum Keyboard inspired by the iconic original from Apple — Backlighting — with its own dedicated rechargeable battery. Backlight brightness can be instantly adjusted in 10% increments using on-board shortcuts. With normal usage during the evenings and night, estimated time between charges is about 1 to 2 weeks.
The rest of the keyboard is identical to the standard Wireless Aluminum Keyboard, with a full-function numeric keypad, the ability to pair with up to 4 different Bluetooth devices and adjust its layout to be compatible with the active device (i.e. Android, Windows, iPad, etc.), and a surprisingly long-lasting 1600 mAh battery that can last up to an entire year without recharging. The extra capacity afforded by the battery allows this long life without the need to power down and disconnect during idle periods. This makes this wireless keyboard perform more like a wired keyboard in that it is always connected and ready without a "wake up" period.
The Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlighting is equipped with high quality Matias scissor switches to provide a satisfying typing experience despite the slim design, weighs just 1.18 lbs, and comes in two different colors — Silver and Space Gray.
Those working on a PC may also be interested in the Backlit Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard which has the same functionality but in a basic plastic housing.
Improved Visibility In Poorly Lit Workstations
- The backlighting on the Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight provides clear contrast in low-lit or otherwise less than ideal workstations which present challenges to seeing the keys on the keyboard clearly. This will reduce strain on the user and potential awkward postures in the upper body from straining or positioning to see the legends on the keycaps.
Can Reduce Eye-Strain
- Working in low-light locations can often lead to eye strain, due to the insufficient lighting. Trying to type on a keyboard in this type of setting will almost certainly further exacerbate this strain. Keycap backlighting, especially that which is adjustable in intensity, can significantly reduce the risk of having overstrained and tired eyes.
Reduced Risk of Wrist Extension
- The Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight presents a low front profile which means that there is not a significant difference between keyboard height and the work surface. For those who "rest" the heel of their hands when keyboarding this low profile can reduce the risks associated with wrist extension. Learn more about Wrist Extension.
Reduced Risk of Shoulder and Back Pain
- Keying on mobile devices or compact computers positions the hands unnaturally close together, requiring that the shoulders be "rolled" in and usually also down. This puts undue strain on both the shoulders and the upper back. Extended use of devices requiring this posture can have a noticeable effect on the health of the shoulders and back. The Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight addresses this by providing a means of entering data on these devices without the space limitations of the device dimensions. In addition, the ability to quickly switch between devices means that those working with multiple devices may actually be able to increase their productivity since they no longer have to switch between input methods.
Reduces Risk of Developing "Texting Thumb"
- The tight positioning that is required on cell phones encourages heavy reliance on the thumbs for data input. This is known to often trigger inflammation and irritation of the thumb tendons. Left unchecked this can easily develop into the debilitating condition known as De Quervain Syndrome.
The Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight addresses this addresses this by providing a full width keyboard of standard spacing which spreads the data entry load for cell phone text input across the entire hand.
Reduced Risk of Neck Pain
- By providing a means of entering data on a mobile device without the need to hold it in the hands, the Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight facilitates ergonomic positioning of the device(s) at a height and angle better suited for viewing. Positioning the device screen at an ergonomically appropriate viewing level can reduce or eliminate the need to bend the neck.
Load Balance Workload
- Using one input device to access multiple platforms (Computer, Tablet, Cell Phone) allows people to load balance their workflow and activities throughout the day, as one works on each of these devices in different ways, typically moving more with tablets and phones and less with computers.
- Backlighting with Own Dedicated Rechargeable Battery: The Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight has variable intensity backlighting for any light conditions from daytime and full-light to complete darkness at night. The backlighting has its own dedicated 1,400 mAh rechargeable battery so that, even if the backlighting power runs out, the keyboard will continue to function as normal. Light intensity varies in 10% increments, form 0 to 100%. Time between charges will vary with the intensity and duration of usage of the backlight.
- Bluetooth Connection: The Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight employs Bluetooth for its wireless connection. This ensures quick connection to paired devices regardless of the operating system.
- Multi-Device Capability: While the Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight looks and functions like a Mac keyboard it can also be paired with Bluetooth devices running non-Mac operating systems. Once the keyboard is paired with up to 4 computers or mobile devices running Mac, iPad OS, iOS, Windows, or Android operating systems, a single button allows instant switching between devices. The keyboard automatically detects the device OS and adjusts its layout to match.
- Automatic OS Detection and Layout Adjustment: The Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight automatically detects the operating system of the device being connected to and adjusts its layout to match.
- Extended Life Rechargeable Battery: The Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight is equipped with a 1,600 mAh rechargeable battery capable of providing up to a year of wireless connectivity on a single charge. Recharging is as simple as connecting the USB power cord.
- "Always ON" Connection: Unlike most other keyboards which will power down or close connections to conserve battery power, the oversized rechargeable battery enables the Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight to maintain connections at all times. Pairing is maintained with all devices, ensuring an "immediate" connection as soon as they are turned on or within range.
- Integrated Numeric Keypad: Unlike the Apple Wireless Keyboard which does not offer a numeric keypad, the Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight includes a full numeric keypad, providing complete "all-platform" keyboard functionality.
- Low Profile Design: The Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight employs a "chiclet" or "island" keycap which permits a very low profile. The profile tapers from 3/4" at the back to just 3/8" thick at the front, presenting a slightly angled profile.
- Colour-Matching Options: Mac enthusiasts can choose a keyboard colour to match the their computer. Colours available are Silver and Space Gray.
- Non-reflective Finish: All colours of the Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight feature a matte anodized finish which eliminates reflection and glare. It also means fingerprints are not visible.
- Slightly Concave Keycaps: To assist touch typists in maintaining home row position on the keyboard the keycaps feature a very slight concave surface just barely detectable by the fingertips.
- Mac-friendly Function Keys: Common Mac functions such as screen brightness and volume control are easily accessed. Those who require the traditional F-Key functions can temporarily access these using the "fn" key.
- Sturdy Aluminum Housing: The upper housing on the Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight is of aluminum which ensures strength and rigidity.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight - Space Gray
Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight - Silver
Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight - Low Light with Backlighting On
Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight - Completely Dark with Backlighting On
Width: 17.35" (44.1 cm)
Depth: 4.6" (11.6 cm)
- Front: 0.4" (1 cm)
- Rear: 0.8" (2 cm)
- Weight: 1.44 lbs (651 g)
- Cable Length: 39" (1 m)
- Keyboard Battery: 1,600 mAh Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Polymer
- Keyboard Battery Life:
Usage: 1 Year - 533 to 1,600 hours of uninterrupted typing time (varies depending on typing speed, indicator lights, etc.)
Standby: 2 Years
- Backlight Battery: 1,400 mAh Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Polymer (5.18 watt-hour)
- Backlight Battery Life:
Usage: Typical Use - 1 to 2 weeks between charges (assumes backlight off in daylight, half-brightness for evening use, and intermittent typing)
Maximum Brightness: 6 - 7 hours between charges
- Colours Available: Silver, Space Gray
- System Requirements:
iPhone or iPod Touch
Android 3.0 or higher
Mac or PC with Bluetooth
- Mac OS X v.10.6.8 or later (for Mac function keys)
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited - Warranty Details
- Package Contents: Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight, USB Charging Cable, User Manual
- Make sure the keyboard is properly positioned. Sit in your usual position at your desk and gently square your shoulders. Allow your upper arms to relax to your waist. Lift your forearms at the elbow and extend your fingers so that there is a straight line from your elbow through the centre of your wrist to your middle finger. Adjust your seat height or keyboard tray so that your arms and hands can maintain this position as you type.
Note: If you need to raise your chair you will most likely need some kind of support for your feet.
- Utilize the multi-device capabilities of the Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight to input data to all of your bluetooth-equipped devices. This will most likely increase both speed and accuracy in your communications in addition to providing a more ergonomic method of data entry.
- As you no longer need to hold your portable devices when keying you can now take the time to create a more ergonomic workstation by better positioning the screens for viewing. Raising them to an elevation that eliminates the need to bend your neck for viewing has potential to reduce the risk of neck and upper back strain commonly associated with portable device usage.
- Try to keep the straight line through the wrist while typing. If you find that your hands are angling up at the wrist you may wish to add a palm support to aid in maintaining that neutral alignment. If considering a palm support you will want one that offers a low profile to match the height of the keyboard.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FK418BTLB|| Space Gray|