| Additional Resources Accessories
The Backlit Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard for PC from Matias features styling reminiscent of the Apple Wired Keyboard. It features level-adjustable backlighting powered by a dedicated rechargeable battery that can offer one to two weeks per charge depending on usage. The Bluetooth wireless is able to simultaneously pair with up to 4 Bluetooth devices, making it easier to switch between devices with the simple press of a button. The wireless function is powered independently of the backlighting, with a battery that can last up to 3 months between charges without the need to power down and disconnect during idle periods. As such the keyboard performs more like a wired model in that it is always connected and ready without a "wake up" period. Even if the backlighting battery is fully drained the keyboard will still be able to function. The Backlit Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard for PC is also equipped with a full-function numeric keypad, making it suitable for all computing purposes.
The multi-pairing feature also enables the keyboard to automatically adjust its layout to be compatible with the active device (i.e. Android, Windows, iPad, etc.). This keyboard features a lightweight plastic housing and is equipped with high quality Matias scissor switches to provide a satisfying typing experience despite the slim design.
Note: The Matias Backlit Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard for PC is compatible with Windows and is available in Black only.
If a sturdier housing or Mac compatibility is desired then consider the Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight that is available in models for both Mac and PC.
Improved Visibility In Poorly Lit Workstations
- The backlighting on the Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with Backlight provides clear contrast in low-lit or otherwise less-than-ideal workstations which present challenges to viewing keycap legends. This can reduce strain and discomfort arising from adopting awkward postures in order to view the keys.
Can Reduce Eye-Strain
- Working in low-light locations can often lead to eye-strain, due to the insufficient lighting. Typing on a keyboard in this type of setting will almost certainly further exacerbate the eye strain. Keycap backlighting, especially that which is adjustable in intensity, can significantly reduce the risk of having overstrained and tired eyes.
Reduced Risk of Wrist Extension
- The Backlit Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard for PC presents a low front profile resulting in a minimal difference between the keyboard height and the work surface. For those who "rest" the heel of their hands when keyboarding this low profile can reduce the risks associated with wrist extension. Learn more about Wrist Extension.
Reduced Risk of Shoulder and Back Pain
- Keying on mobile devices or compact computers requires that the hands be positioned unnaturally close together. This requires that the shoulders be "rolled" in and usually also down, putting undue strain on both the shoulders and the upper back. Extended use of devices requiring this posture can have a noticeable effect on the health of the shoulders and back. The Backlit Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard for PC addresses this by providing a means of entering data on these devices without the space limitations of the device dimensions. In addition, the ability to quickly switch between devices means that those working with multiple devices may actually be able to increase their productivity since they no longer have to switch between input methods.
Reduces Risk of Developing "Texting Thumb"
- The tight positioning that is required on cell phones encourages heavy reliance on the thumbs for data input. This is known to often trigger inflammation and irritation of the thumb tendons. Left unchecked this can easily develop into the debilitating condition known as De Quervain Syndrome.
The Backlit Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard addresses this by providing a full width keyboard of standard spacing which spreads the data entry load across the entire hand.
Reduced Risk of Neck Pain
- By providing a means of entering data on mobile device without the need to hold it in the hands, the Backlit Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard facilitates ergonomic positioning of the device(s) at a height and angle better suited for viewing. Positioning the device screen at an ergonomically appropriate viewing level can reduce or eliminate the need to bend the neck.
- Backlighting with Own Dedicated Rechargeable Battery: The Backlit Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard for PC has variable intensity backlighting for any light conditions from daytime and full-light to complete darkness at night. The backlighting has its own dedicated 1,400 mAh rechargeable battery so that, even if the backlighting power runs out, the keyboard will continue to function as normal. Light intensity varies in 10% increments, form 0 to 100%. Time between charges will vary with the intensity and duration of usage of the backlight.
- Bluetooth Connection: The Backlit Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard for PC employs Bluetooth technology for its wireless connection. This ensures quick connection to paired devices regardless of the operating system.
- Multi-Device Capability: The Backlit Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard for PC is capable of being paired with up to 4 Bluetooth Devices. Mac, iOS, Android, or Window operating systems can all be accessed at the touch of a button, making this keyboard a true multi-platform device.
- Device-Directed Layout: The Backlit Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard for PC automatically determines the operating system of the device being connected to and adjusts to the appropriate layout accordingly.
- Rechargeable Battery: The Backlit Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard for PC is equipped with a rechargeable battery capable of providing up to 3 months of wireless connectivity on a single charge. Recharging is as simple as connecting the USB power cord.
Note: Even if the dedicated backlight battery is fully discharged the keyboard battery will continue to power the keyboard.
- "Always ON" Connection: Unlike most other keyboards which will power down or close connections to conserve battery power, the oversized rechargeable battery enables the Backlit Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard for PC to maintain connections at all times. Pairing is maintained with all devices, ensuring an "immediate" connection as soon as they are turned on or within range.
- Integrated Numeric Keypad: The numeric pad makes this keyboard suitable for all types of computing.
- Low Profile Design: The Backlit Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard for PC employs a "chiclet" or "island" keycap which permits a very low profile. The profile tapers from 3/4" at the back to just 3/8" thick at the front, presenting a slightly angled profile.
- Familiar Design: Apple enthusiasts will appreciate the familiar design.
- Slightly Concave Keycaps: To assist touch typists in maintaining home row position on the keyboard the keycaps feature a very slight concave surface just barely detectable by the fingertips.
- Plastic Housing: The upper housing on the Backlit Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard for PC is made of plastic, which keeps this keyboard budget-friendly.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)
Matias Backlit Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard for PC
Matias Backlit Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard for PC - Backlights in Dark
Matias Backlit Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard for PC - Pairing Function
- Make sure the keyboard is properly positioned. Sit in your usual position at your desk and gently square your shoulders. Allow your upper arms to relax to your waist. Lift your forearms at the elbow and extend your fingers so that there is a straight line from your elbow through the centre of your wrist to your middle finger. Adjust your seat height or keyboard tray so that your arms and hands can maintain this position as you type.
Note: If you need to raise your chair you will most likely need some kind of support for your feet.
- Utilize the multi-device capabilities of the Backlit Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard for PC to input data to all of your bluetooth-equipped devices. This will most likely increase both speed and accuracy in your communications in addition to providing a more ergonomic method of data entry.
- As you no longer need to hold your portable devices when keying you can now take the time to create a more ergonomic workstation by better positioning the screens for viewing. Raising them to an elevation that eliminates the need to bend your neck for viewing has potential to reduce the risk of neck and upper back strain commonly associated with portable device usage.
- Try to keep the straight line through the wrist while typing. If you find that your hands are angling up at the wrist you may wish to add a palm support to aid in maintaining that neutral alignment. If considering a palm support you will want one that offers a low profile to match the height of the keyboard.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.
| Matias Backlit Wireless Multi-Pairing Keyboard for PC, Black Plastic Housing with Black Keycaps