Page last updated: Tue, 12-Nov-2019 15:16:42
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Staccato Keyboard Armby KV Waterloo
| Additional Resources |
The Staccato Keyboard Arm from KV Waterloo is an ideal solution where storage depth is limited but an adjustable height keyboard tray is desired. The 15.25" track is short enough to permit installation in locations where a traditional full-length storage track will not fit, including many height-adjustable sit-stand desks. The patented "Lift-N-Lock" mechanism provides almost effortless height adjustment from 1.375" - 8.0" below the mounting point. The inclination or "tilt" of the tray can be adjusted from a negative inclination of -20° to +10° using an easily-accessed soft-touch knob. When fully lowered the Staccato offers approximately 9" of tray storage depth. Knee clearance is optimized, with the keyboard tray mount extending less than 0.75" below the tray.
The Staccato Keyboard Arm is equipped with plastic glides riding within a heavy-duty steel track. The Staccato is manufactured using recycled materials and is designed for disassembly and recycling.
The Staccato can be paired with many keyboard trays but please note that tray depths over 9" will still project about 2". Suggested fully storable tray options are listed in the Accessories section of the "Price & Availability" section below.
For situations where there is insufficient space for a 15.25" track the Tenor Trackless Keyboard Arm may be a solution.
Reduces Strain on the Shoulder and Neck Muscles
- The Staccato Keyboard Arm allows the keyboard and mouse to be positioned at the height and distance most comfortable for each individual user. When the keyboard and mouse are too high, as they often are for many users working at commercially available desks, users tend to compensate by raising their arms from the shoulders. This hunched posture, if sustained for longer than a few minutes, can lead to extreme tension and inflammation in the muscles of the neck, shoulders and upper back. With the Staccato Arm installed, users of most heights can ensure the muscles of the upper body will be relaxed.
Positions Keyboard and Mouse within the "Comfort Zone"
- The Staccato Keyboard Arm allows users to position both devices comfortably close to the body, and at the same level relative to each other. Keeping frequently used devices within the Comfort Zone allows the muscles of the upper body to remain relaxed and reduces the risk of overreach injuries.Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Allows Reference Materials to be Placed Inline
- New shallow work surfaces offer limited distance between the keyboard and monitor. Adding a Staccato Keyboard Arm allows this area to be used for reference materials. Placing reference documents in line with the monitor(s) significantly reduces neck rotation and the resulting strain on the muscles of the neck and shoulders.
Encourages Correct Posture
- Using the Staccato Keyboard Arm to correctly position the keyboard and mouse eliminates any need to lean forward from the waist, or to perch on the edge of the chair. The user more easily adopts correct posture, with the shoulders back and relaxed, and can more readily take advantage of the lumbar support in the chair.
Enables Correct Viewing Distance
- The limited depth of many modern desks often positions the monitor(s) too close for comfortable viewing. In these circumstances the addition of the Staccato Keyboard Arm can effectively provide up to 18" of additional space between the user and the screen. This can be of special benefit to those who employ large screens or multiple monitors. For these users, the additional distance is sufficient to greatly reduce the degree of neck rotation required to see the entire viewing area.
Reduces Risk of Injury to the Wrist
- The ability to easily adjust the angle of the keyboard tray into a negative inclination (lower at the back than at the front) helps users prevent wrist extension. A keyboard with a neutral or negative inclination helps to reduce the risk of Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) to the wrists. Learn More About Neutral or Negatively Inclined Keyboards
- A correctly positioned keyboard and mouse can significantly reduce fatigue. Awkward or incorrect placement of these devices results in constant physical exertion as the user is rarely able to relax the muscles. The Staccato Keyboard Arm helps to create an ergonomic work environment that relieves tension and stress on overworked muscle groups.
- Low-Profile Design: Staccato Keyboard Arms feature a low profile mounting plate (less than 0.75") for the keyboard tray. Exposed edges are softly rounded for safety and comfort.
- 360° Swivel Joint: The articulating arm is secured to the track with a 360° Staccato Arm a versatile option for most commercial single-user or multi-user computer workstations, and a viable solution for improvised computer workstations or those with non-standard dimensions. At the majority of computer desks, with the ball-bearing track installed in its usual perpendicular position, the swivel joint gives users additional usage and storage options along with the noted ergonomic benefits. At a narrow, improvised, or otherwise suboptimal computer station the track can be installed at an angle, or even horizontally beneath the desk, and the swivel joint will enable the articulating arm (i.e. the portion on which the keyboard tray will be mounted) to be swivelled forward into the correct ergonomic position for the user. The keyboard tray can still be stored out of the way, even with this atypical installation, by sliding the arm to the back of the track, and then swivelling the keyboard tray to face the rear of the desk.
- Fits Shallow Desks: The 15.25" track is designed to fit desks with limited depth. (Note that this shorter track length will not allow a standard 11" deep keyboard tray mounted on the arm to retract fully beneath the desk; the tray will extend approximately 2" from the front of the mounting plate.)
- Extensive Height Adjustment Range: The Staccato Keyboard Arm offers users 6.625" of height adjustment, from 1.375" - 8.0" below the mounting point. Users requiring a greater range of height adjustment or the need to raise the keyboard tray above the mounting height should consider whether a 17" or 23" track version of the Ovation Low Profile Leverless Arm might fit.
- Patented Spring-Assisted Lift N' Lock Counter Balancing System: The Spring-Assisted Lift N' Lock mechanism allows the mounted tray to be raised and lowered effortlessly by hand.
- Simple Dial Tilt Adjustment: The incline of the keyboard tray mounted on the arm can be easily adjusted by hand. The soft-touch knob provides a full 30° range of adjustment (+10° positive tilt to -20° negative tilt) to accommodate most usage scenarios.
- Highly Compatible: The Staccato Keyboard Arm has been machined to accept a wide range of keyboard trays. The tray mount features numerous hole patterns, making it possible to install most common keyboard trays.
- Non-Marring Finish: The Staccato Keyboard Arm is finished with a flat black wrinkle finish paint that resists fingerprints and marring.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Staccato Keyboard Arm Mechanism
Staccato Keyboard Arm - Adjustment Range Specs
- Width of Storage Track: 5.875" (14.9 cm)
- Depth (front to back) of Storage Track: 15.25" (38.7 cm)
- Height Adjustment: 1.375"(3.5 cm) to 8.0" (20.3 cm) below the mounting point
- Tilt Adjustment: +10° to -20°
- Height Adjustment Mechanism: Lift and Lock
- Tilt Mechanism: Dial-a-Tilt
- Track Mechanism: Plastic Glide
- Warranty: 15 Year Limited, Manufacturer Direct
- Package Contents: Staccato Keyboard Arm, Mounting Template and Instructions, Mounting Hardware
- When measuring to determine the available mounting space it is important to measure the underside of the desk to ensure you factor in hidden obstacles such as cross supports (as on sit-stand desk), and to ensure no other desk hardware could interfere with the mounting of the track or with the tray as it is being stored.
- Adjust the height of the keyboard tray. To adjust the height of the keyboard tray, gently grasp the sides of the tray in each hand and tilt the front upwards to release the locking mechanism. Move the tray to the desired height and lower the front edge to engage the lock once again.
- Optimize the height and angle of the tray. When setting the height and angle of your keyboard tray make sure you achieve as neutral a posture as possible. Your shoulders should be relaxed (neither hunched nor hanging), your elbows should be at an angle of about 90° or slightly more open, and an imaginary line through the back of your wrists to your forearms should be reasonably straight. Learn More About Correctly Adjusting Your Keyboard Tray
- Use your Staccato Keyboard Arm to make your mouse and keyboard come to you rather than reaching forward for them. Employ the simple height adjustable glide track to draw these devices to where they best serve your needs.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|8481D15|| Staccato Keyboard Arm,15.25" storage track|
|FB-T24x9|| 24" wide x 9" deep|
|6463A79|| Waterloo Black HDPE Mini Keyboard and Mouse Tray with Gel Wrist Support|