Page last updated: Fri, 17-May-2019 15:20:49
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Phenolic Keyboard Tray with Swing-Out Mouse Trayby KV Waterloo
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Phenolic Keyboard Tray with Swing-Out Mouse Tray from KV Waterloo enables users to create a wide variety of custom configurations for their input devices. The Keyboard Tray portion is 20.5" wide at the front and tapers slightly narrower (20") at the back. A depth of approximately 10" means the tray is large enough to accommodate even the largest keyboards with integrated palmrests. Two anti-skid grip strips are positioned to keep a full-size keyboard secure on the tray surface. The tray ships with a detachable Foam-Gel palm rest which reduces the maximum keyboard depth to 7", still enough space for most standard keyboards.
The detachable mouse tray provides an 8.5" diameter mousing surface and features a unique tilting and rotating pivot mount which can be used to position the mouse tray either level with the keyboard tray or at 0.5", 1.25", 1.5" or 2" above the keyboard tray. The inclination or tilt of the mouse tray can also be adjusted, independent of the keyboard tray orientation, to any angle from all height settings. A repositionable mouse guard with cord clip ensures that the mouse stays in place. The pivot permits users to swing the mouse tray into the position which best meets their ergonomic needs. The range is a full 360° at the highest settings and reduces to 90° as the elevation is lowered to level with the keyboard tray. The mouse tray attaches to the keyboard tray via a clamp mount which can be secured at any point around the edge of the tray, further expanding the customization options as it can be easily reconfigured between left and right positions.
Note: The dimensions of the clamp may limit the use of very wide keyboards (such a the Microsoft Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000). As well, with the palm rest installed, the mouse tray mounting clamp must be positioned about 2" further from the user as the palm rest extends the full width of the keyboard tray.
Positions Keyboard and Mouse within the "Comfort Zone"
- Keeping frequently used devices within the Comfort Zone allows the muscles of the upper body to remain relaxed and can reduce the risk of overreach injuries. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Facilitates Load Balancing
- The Swing-Out Mouse Tray can easily be switched between the right and left sides. A few turns of the clamp will release it enough to slide off the tray and be moved to the other side. Of course, a simpler solution would be a one piece tray where the mouse can be moved without modification of the workstation.
Reduces Excessive Reach to the Left and Right
- The Phenolic Keyboard Tray with Swing-Out Mouse Tray allows users to position both input devices comfortably close to the body and at the same level relative to each other. The pivot capabilities of the mouse tray permit the mouse to be brought in close to the body, virtually eliminating any reaching for the mouse.
Reduces Forward Reach
- The pivoting capability of the Swing-Out Mouse Tray frees users to bring the mouse towards their torso, virtually eliminating any forward or outward reach for the mouse. Users who perform intense mousing can especially benefit from the relaxed position that their arm can now adopt as there is no need to reach forward or outward for the mouse.
Accommodates a Neutral Posture for the Wrists
- The low profile of the Phenolic Keyboard Tray with Swing-Out Mouse Tray permits users to position the keyboard close to the thighs and as low as possible in order to achieve a neutral alignment for the wrists. Independent angle adjustment of the mouse tray frees users to position the keyboard at a negative inclination while maintaining a horizontal plane of movement for the mouse.
- Low Profile: When placed on this tray, especially one installed on a keyboard arm with a similarly low profile mounting bracket, a keyboard can be comfortably positioned at thigh level, and/or at a negative incline (tilted down) without restricting movement of the knees or thighs.
Note:The Phenolic Keyboard Tray with Swing-Out Mouse Tray is pre-drilled to fit any model of the Ovation Low Profile Leverless Arm.
Note: The mouse tray mounting clamp does protrude below the tray by about 0.75". However, this is generally to the side of the thighs or knees and should not be an issue. It has no sharp edges should the legs come in contact with the clamp.
- Mouse Tray Pivot, Tilt and Locking Height Adjustment: Users can adjust angle, proximity and height of the mousing surface independent of the keyboard tray angle and height. This enables the user customize their workstation to meet their specific ergonomic needs. Tray pivot and tilt are maintained via high friction joints while the height adjustment features a secure 5-position lockout.
- Ambidextrous Friendly: The Swing-Out Mouse Tray can be positioned for right or left hand users or even moved throughout the day for users seeking to load balance their work. While not an ideal solution for load balancing it takes only a few seconds to perform the change from Right to Left hand.
- Repositionable Mouse Guard: The convenient mouse guard easily slides around the curve of the mouse tray - accommodating the angle of pivot chosen by the user.
- Detachable Foam-Gel Palm Rest: Users can choose to remove or add the Foam-Gel palm rest in a matter of seconds.
- Universal Mounting Pattern: The Rigid Phenolic Keyboard Tray with Swing-Out Mouse Tray is "ready to mount" on the Ovation and Momentum keyboard arms from KV Waterloo.
- Durable: Phenolic Resin construction provides a rigid surface with very minimal bounce and flexion, yet is sufficiently resilient to prevent cracking or chipping from accidental impact.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Phenolic Keyboard Tray with Swing-Out Mouse Tray
Phenolic Keyboard Tray with Swing-Out Mouse Tray - Dimensional Drawings
Keyboard Tray (no mousing surface attached): 20.75" (52.7 cm)
Keyboard Tray with Mouse Tray attached and at same level:
- Minimum: 30.25" (76.8 cm)
- Maximum: 32" (81.3 cm)
Keyboard Tray with Mouse Tray attached and at highest level (ie. able to swivel over keyboard tray):
- Minimum: 23" (58.4 cm)
- Maximum: 32" (81.3 cm)
Mouse Tray: 8.75" (22.2 cm) Diameter
- Depth (front to back):
- With Gel Pad installed: 6.5" (16.5" cm) usable space
- Without Gel Pad: 9" (22.9 cm)
Mouse Tray: 8.75 (22.2 cm ) Diameter
Keyboard Tray: 0.25" (0.64 cm)
Mouse Tray: 0.25" (0.64 cm)
Edge Stop on Mouse Tray: 0.2" (0.4 cm)
Keyboard Tray with Mouse Tray Attached:
- With Mouse Tray at Highest Setting: 2" (5.1 cm)
3" (7.6 cm) including mouse tray mechanism
- With Mouse Tray at Lowest Setting: 0.25" (.64 cm)
3" (7.6 cm) - including mouse tray adjustment mechanism
Palmrest: 0.875" (2.2 cm) Thick
Note: The mouse tray mounting clamp projects above and below the keyboard tray - that thickness is accounted for in the alternate thickness measurements above.
Keyboard Tray (no palm rest, no mouse platform): 3.1 lbs (1.4 kg)
Palm Rest: 0.2 lbs (90 g)
Mouse Platform: 1.5 lbs (.7 kg)
Keyboard Tray, Mouse Tray, and Palm Rest: 4.8 lbs (2.2 kg)
- Mounting pattern: Universal mounting pattern (designed for all KV Waterloo/CompX Waterloo keyboard arms)
- Colour: Graphite Gray
- Materials: Phenolic Resin
- Warranty: 15 Year Limited, Manufacturer Direct
- Package Contents: Phenolic Keyboard Tray with Swing-Out Mouse Tray, Detachable Palm Rest, Mounting Hardware, Installation & Operation Guide Sheet.
- If you are a touch typist, position your keyboard tray with a negative incline (if your keyboard arm is so equipped) and at a height that enables you to maintain a neutral wrist alignment. By raising the edge closest to you the wrist is naturally elevated above the fingertips and in line with the back of the forearm. The risk of restricting bloodflow or exerting pressure on the tissues is reduced or eliminated. This benefits both your keyboarding and mousing activity. Learn More About Positioning Your Keyboard Tray.
- If you are not a touch typist, you may find that a neutral or positive inclination is more appropriate for your method of typing. In addition, as a “hunt and peck” typist, you may prefer to position the keyboard higher than a touch typist would because you move your hands and arms more, and you aim for one key at a time.
- When using the keyboard tray at a negative inclination you may wish to adjust the tilt of the mouse tray so that your wrist maintains a neutral alignment while in the mousing position.
- It is generally advised to keep the mouse surface as close to the same elevation as the keyboard tray. While there may be specific circumstances where you may wish to elevate it higher this should only be done on a temporary or occasional basis, with the elevation being returned to match the keyboard tray as soon as possible.
- As the tray can be pivoted towards your torso, you may find that mousing from this position is relaxing to the shoulder and upper arm. Bringing the mouse in closer means there is no longer a need to be reaching out or forward, reducing the strain on these areas.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|6731D80|| Phenolic Keyboard Tray with Swing-Out Mouse Tray|