The Goldtouch ErgoSecure 2.0 Smart Card Keyboard by Key Ovation is an ergonomic keyboard with security technology for those requiring a secure computing environment. Ergonomically, it is designed to help prevent or address soft tissue injuries caused by pronation, ulnar deviation, or both. The left and right halves of the keyboard are connected by a simple ball joint mechanism and can be configured to tent upwards, allowing individuals to type with their palms slightly facing each other at an anatomically neutral angle; to splay outwards, allowing the hands, wrists and shoulders to be kept comfortably straight as they type; or to tent and splay. The compact design, achieved by the elimination of a built-in numeric keypad, helps to prevent strain in the shoulder and neck muscles caused by overreaching for the mouse.
In terms of security features, the ErgoSecure 2.0 comes with a fully integrated SCM STC II Smart Card Chip. This chip is compliant with most security regulations (ISO7816,1,2,3,4 T=0 and T=1 protocols, TAA Compliant, FIPS 201 Approved, ISO/IEC 15411 Compliant, and Available via GSA), works in both synchronous and asynchronous modes, is 3V and 5V selectable, and offers adjustable transaction speeds up to 1000 Kb/s for fast Crypto data exchange. It has also passed certifications such as Microsoft WHQL, EMV Level 1, Mondex, CAC, PIV, American Express, and Entrust.
Caution: Those who use the Goldtouch Numeric Keypad with a Goldtouch ErgoSecure Keyboard should be certain to plug the Keyboard directly into the computer, or into an external USB hub. Connecting a keyboard to the computer via any of the ports on the Goldtouch Numeric Keypad can cause both devices to malfunction.
Reduces Risk to the Elbow and Forearm
- The fully pronated “palms down” position commonly adopted when typing and mousing puts a considerable strain on the tissues of the elbow and forearm. The result can be fatigue, inflammation and long-term injury. By tenting the keyboard, typing can be accomplished with the palms and forearms in an anatomically neutral position much less likely to injure tissues, even over the long term. Learn More About Pronation.
Reduces Risk of Wrist Injury
- Typing on a conventional keyboard requires experienced typists to bend the wrist outward towards the little finger in order to keep the fingers in the correct position on the home row. This posture, known as "ulnar deviation," puts considerable strain on the joint and tissues of the wrist. When the two halves of the keyboard are splayed outward, the strain caused by this unnatural bend at the wrist is eliminated, and the forearm, wrist and hands remain in comfortable alignment throughout the work session. Learn More About Ulnar Deviation.
Reduces Potential for Wrist Extension
- When used in a tented configuration the Goldtouch ErgoSecure 2.0 Smart Card Keyboard can encourage a neutral wrist alignment by encouraging typists to elevate their wrists to match the keyboard position while keying. Some typists may wish to purchase a set of Goldtouch Gel Wrist Rests
to aid in maintaing a neutral wrist alignment. Learn More About Wrist Extension.
Reduces Overreaching for the Mouse
- The Goldtouch ErgoSecure 2.0 Smart Card Keyboard features a compact design that lets individuals position their mouse closer on the right hand. The elimination of the standard keypad keeps the mouse within the comfort zone and can greatly reduce the potential for shoulder, neck and wrist pain to arise from repeatedly reaching over the number pad for the mouse. Learn More About Overreaching.
Reduces Risk of Injury to the Fingers
- The membrane key switches lessen the long-term impact of typing on the finger joints, especially for proficient typists.
Reduces Strain on the Shoulder and Neck
- At only 15.3" wide, and without a numeric keypad impeding access to the mouse, the Goldtouch ErgoSecure 2.0 Smart Card Keyboard reduces the risk of overreach injuries to the muscles of the shoulder and neck.
- Smart Card Support: The Smart Card Reader on the top of the keyboard is compatible with most security regulations (TAA Compliant, FIPS 201 Approved, ISO/IEC 15411 Compliant, and Available via GSA) and functions in both synchronous and asynchronous modes. In addition it can be configured for either 3V or 5V, and offers adjustable transaction speeds.
- Locking Ball and Socket Joint: Centrally located at the rear of the keyboard, this joint connects the left and right halves of the Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard. This mechanism allows the two halves to be tented upwards to address pronation, splayed outward to address ulnar deviation, or to be splayed and tented to address both risk factors. The degree of both tent and splay can be easily configured or reconfigured at will, especially useful where multiple individuals may be using a workstation. A sturdy lever locks the chosen configuration into place.
Note: Some precise adjustments may be necessary to ensure the two halves are symmetrical before the lock is secured.
- Variable Tenting: Customized tenting, to a maximum angle of 30°, allows individuals to experiment with a variety of tented heights before choosing the one most beneficial and comfortable for their unique needs.
- Variable Splay: Splay is infinitely variable from 0° (fully closed) to a maximum open angle of 33°; allowing gradual adaptation, and for individuals to select the degree of splay most suited to their unique needs and body type.
- Compact Design: At only 15.3" wide, the Goldtouch ErgoSecure 2.0 Smart Card Keyboard allows individuals to bring the mouse into their Comfort Zone to either the right or left, while also making efficient use of desktop space.
- Embedded Numeric Keypad: An embedded numeric keypad is built into the right side of the keyboard for those who need more frequent access to numbers.
- Load-Balancing: The editing keys are evenly distributed to balance the workload on the hands and fingers. The Home, End, Page Up and Page Down keys are on the left; the Delete, Print Screen, Pause/Break, and Backspace keys are on the right.
- Full Travel, Tactile Key Switches: The membrane keys of the Goldtouch ErgoSecure 2.0 Smart Card Keyboard are full size, full travel and tactile, for increased comfort and typing efficiency.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Goldtouch ErgoSecure 2.0 Smart Card Keyboard
Goldtouch ErgoSecure 2.0 Smart Card Keyboard - Smart Card
- Goldtouch ErgoSecure 2.0 Smart Card Keyboard -Data Sheet: PDF
- Goldtouch ErgoSecure 2.0 Smart Card Keyboard - User Guide: PDF
- Width: 15.3" (38.9 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 6.9" (17.5 cm)
- Height: 1.25" (3.2 cm)
- Weight: 2.75 lbs (1.25 kg)
- Key Switch Type: Tactile Membrane
- Key Activation Force: 36g - 42g (average)
- Key Travel Distance: 3.5 mm ± 0.5 mm
- Maximum Splay: 30°
- Maximum Tenting: 30° or 4.5" (11.4 cm)
Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000
May also work on various versions of Linux and Unix
- Interface: USB
- Cable Length: 61" (1.56 m)
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Package Contents: Goldtouch ErgoSecure 2.0 Smart Card Keyboard
- When first connecting the keyboard be sure to connect directly to a USB port on the computer (not on a hub). Power up the computer and allow Windows to detect the device and install the drivers. You may see a window that tells you the hardware is installed and ready for use when installation is completed. Once the installation is completed it is then possible to connect it via a hub if necessary.
Note: Do not attempt to install via hub or switch, as the keyboard must be connected directly to the computer for correct driver installation.
- Make a point of using the splay and tenting functions on your Goldtouch ErgoSecure 2.0 Smart Card Keyboard. It only takes a few seconds to make the necessary adjustments and the potential benefits are well worth it. The latch is easily released at any time to accommodate regular changes to hand position throughout the day. Changing the angle and splay throughout the day will keep your hands and arms performing work from varying positions, rather than working from a more static position.
- Try to ensure that your keyboard is optimized in relation to your hand height. If the keyboard is too low you will find yourself reaching down to the keyboard and putting your wrists into extension. This is much more common than working with the keyboard too high, but that is also a risk. You want to maintain as straight a line as possible through the forearm and wrist, with your elbows bent at approximately 90° (or slightly more than that). If the keyboard is too low, creating a negative angle by slightly elevating the edge of the keyboard closest to you can help to address this.
- When keying the keyboard should be positioned so that your elbows are positioned below your shoulders. If you find your elbows more than a couple of inches ahead of your shoulders you need to shorten the distance between yourself and the keyboard. Maintaining a position where your elbows are too far forward can lead to the development of tension across the shoulders, or even more serious shoulder conditions.
- Familiarize yourself with the embedded numeric keypad. The embedded keypad gives you two additional layers, one for numbers, and one for navigation (should that be desired). If you perform significant numeric data entry, the purchase of an external Goldtouch Numeric Keypad for PC might be considered.
- If you are connecting a USB numeric keypad in conjunction with a Goldtouch
keyboard, be sure to connect it via USB as described above. For correct operation, the numeric keypad must be plugged directly into the computer for installation, but can be connected through a hub once the drivers have been installed.
- Warning: Do not attempt to plug the keyboard into one of the USB ports located on the sides of the USB Numeric Keypad, as these ports are intended only for low power devices, such as mice or USB storage drivers. Doing so will cause the keyboard and keypad to malfunction.
- Consider purchasing optional wrist supports such as the Goldtouch Gel Wrist Rests to help avoid wrist extension when the keyboard is tented.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|GTS-0077|| Goldtouch ErgoSecure 2.0 Smart Card Keyboard, US English, Black, USB|
|GTC-0077|| Goldtouch Numeric Keypad, Black, for PC|
|GTC-0033|| Goldtouch Numeric Keypad, White, for PC|
|GT7-0017|| Goldtouch Gel Wrist Rests, Black|