The Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard by Key Ovation is designed to help prevent or address soft tissue injuries caused by ulnar deviation. The left and right halves of the keyboard are connected by a simple ball joint mechanism that permits the keyboard halves to splay outwards, letting the hands, wrists and shoulders be kept comfortably straight as they type. The compact design, achieved by the elimination of a built-in numeric keypad, helps to prevent strain in the shoulder and neck muscles caused by overreaching for the mouse.
Caution: Those who use the Goldtouch Numeric Keypad with a Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard should be certain to plug the Keyboard directly into the computer, or into an external USB hub. Connecting a keyboard to the computer via any of the ports on the Goldtouch Numeric Keypad can cause both devices to malfunction.
Note: If you are looking for the Goldtouch Keyboard model which can also angle up or tent in the middle in addition to the splay please visit the Goldtouch V2 Adjustable Keyboard which offers the full range of adjustment for which the Goldtouch keyboards are known.
Reduces Risk of Wrist Injury
- Typing on a conventional keyboard requires experienced typists to bend the wrist outward towards the little finger in order to keep the fingers in the correct position on the home row. This posture, known as “ulnar deviation,” puts considerable strain on the joint and tissues of the wrist. When the two halves of the keyboard are splayed outward, the strain caused by this unnatural bend at the wrist is eliminated, and the forearm, wrist and hands remain in comfortable alignment throughout the work session. Learn More About Ulnar Deviation.
Reduces Strain on the Shoulder and Neck
- At only 15.25” wide, and without a numeric keypad impeding access to the mouse, the Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard reduces the risk of overreach injuries to the muscles of the shoulder and neck.
Reduces Risk of Injury to the Fingers
- The tactile membrane key switches lessen the long-term impact of typing on the finger joints, especially for proficient typists.
- Locking Ball and Socket Joint: Located at the back of the keyboard in the centre, this joint connects the left and right halves of the Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard. This mechanism allows the two halves to be tented upwards to address pronation, splayed outward to address ulnar deviation, or splayed and tented to address both risk factors. The degree of both tent and splay can easily be configured or reconfigured by multiple individuals at the same workstation. A sturdy lever locks the chosen configuration into place.
Note: Some precise adjustments may be necessary to ensure the two halves are symmetrical before the lock is secured.
- Variable Splay: The Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard can be splayed horizontally from 0° to 30° to allow individuals to become accustomed gradually to the configuration, and to choose the degree of splay most suited to their body type.
- Compact Design: At only 15.25” wide, the Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard lets the mouse be brought closer into the Comfort Zone, and makes efficient use of desktop space.
- Embedded Numeric Keypad: An embedded numeric keypad is built into the right side of the keyboard for those who need more frequent access to numbers.
- Load-Balancing: The editing keys are evenly distributed to balance the workload on the hands and fingers. The Home, End, Page Up and Page Down keys are on the left; the Delete, Print Screen, Pause/Break, and Backspace keys are on the right.
- Full Travel, Tactile Key Switches: The membrane keys of the Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard are full size, full travel and tactile, for increased comfort and typing efficiency.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard - Splayed (top view)
Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard (top view)
Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard - Splayed (front angle view)
Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard (front angle view)
Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard - US English layout
Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard - French Canadian layout
- Connecting Via PS/2:
- Be sure the computer is powered off.
- Connect the PS/2 adapter to the USB connector on the end of the keyboard cord.
- Plug the PS/2 adapter into the PS/2 port in the computer. The port will be indicated either by a keyboard icon, or by a keyboard/mouse icon. (Note that the majority of recent model computers have only a single PS/2 port.
- Power up the computer. The keyboard will be ready for use.
- Width: 15.25" (38.7 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 7.00" (17.8 cm)
- Height: 1.16" (2.9 cm)
- Weight: 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg)
- Key Switch Type: Tactile Membrane
- Key Activation Force: 50 ± 20 grams
- Key Travel Distance: 3.5 mm ± 0.5 mm
- Maximum Splay: 30°
- Compatibility: PC
- Interface: USB (includes USB to PS/2 Adapter)
- Warranty: Keyboard function supported by 30 Day Warranty. NO WARRANTY ON THE TENTING MECHANISM.
- Package Contents: Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard
- Below are some of the ways in which the most recent model of this keyboard, the Goldtouch V2 Adjustable Keyboard (GTN-0099, GTU-0088, GTN99-FC) differs from this earlier model (GTU-0077):
- Larger footprint. The Goldtouch V2 is 16.25” wide; this earlier model is 15.25" wide.
- Improved stability when tented. The Goldtouch V2 includes rubberized edges that are not present on this earlier model.
- Reduced key force. The key force on the V2 is rated at 39 ± 3 grams, the earlier model was rated at 50 ± 20 grams.
- Modified layout. The Shift and Ctrl keys on the right module of the V2, along with the Caps Lock key, have been reduced in size. The space bars on the V2 are narrower and are no longer curved as they are on this earlier model. The Insert and Delete keys have been slightly increased in size, and have been moved to the upper right corner of the keyboard.
- New Hot Keys. The Goldtouch V2 Adjustable Keyboard includes new hot keys for accessing multimedia controls and the Internet.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|GTU-0077-FLAT|| Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard, US English, Black, USB. No tenting mechanism |
Original Price $150. Is now 65% off - $52.50 / unit !!!
|GTN-0033-FLAT|| Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard, US English, White, USB. No tenting mechanism |
Original Price $150. Is now 75% off - $37.50 / unit !!!
|GTN-0077-FLAT|| Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard, US English, Black, USB (includes USB to PS/2 adapter - GTN-0077-ADPT). No tenting mechanism |
Original Price $150. Is now 65% off - $52.50 / unit !!!
|GTN-0077-ADPT|| Goldtouch USB–PS/2 Adapter|
|GTC-0077|| Goldtouch Numeric Keypad, Black, for PC|
|GTC-0033|| Goldtouch Numeric Keypad, White, for PC|
|GT6-0017|| Goldtouch Gel Filled Mouse Pad, Black, Right|
|GT7-0017|| Goldtouch Gel Wrist Rests, Black|
|GT8-0017|| Goldtouch SlimLine Gel Wrist Rest, Black|
|KOV-GTM-R|| Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse, Right Hand, Corded, Silver|
|KOV-GTM-L|| Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse, Left Hand, Corded, Silver|