| Additional Resources Accessories |
The NOSTND Perching Comfort PLUS Saddle Seat from ErgoVerse is designed to position the torso and arms as close as possible to a raised workstation, particularly those built on top of base cabinets or shelves. Unlike the seats on a leaning seat or traditional stool, the large plush saddle on the NOSTND is designed to be straddled. Seated posture on the NOSTND is more upright, with the heels positioned behind the bend of the knees, rather than extended forward of the knees as they would be in a leaning position. See this image of the TULEAN Leaning Stool, also from ErgoVerse, for an illustration of this latter position.) This posture allows individuals to move in much closer to flat-fronted work surfaces than might otherwise be possible. As a result, the NOSTND Perching Comfort PLUS Saddle Seat helps to reduce the risk of overreach injuries to the shoulders and back, and the risk of injury to the muscles of the sides and mid-section caused by sitting sideways along the base of the workstation and twisting at the waist to get close enough to its surface. By providing a centrally supported seat that bears the upper body weight, the NOSTND also helps to reduce the load generally borne by the feet and legs. Overall fatigue, and the risk of strain on the joints and tissues of the lower limbs can be greatly reduced.
Both the saddle style seat and the large back feature 3" cushioning; and both are height adjustable. The height of the seat can be adjusted between 23.25" and 28.75". The height adjustment range of the back is determined by the seat position. A convenient handle and large rollers on the rear glides let the NOSTND be moved with ease when required. The NOSTND dual rectangular steel tube base is rated to support up to 440 pounds.
If a more traditional style of seat is preferred, the RSTMOR Drafting PLUS Chair, which is also rated to 440 pounds might be a consideration.
Reduces Weight Load on Legs and Feet
- Using a sit-stand seat such as the NOSTND Perching Comfort PLUS Saddle Seat can significantly reduce the weight load borne by the ankles, knees, and hips. The NOSTND is designed to bear the majority of the weight directly on the seat. This transfer greatly reduces the strain that the joint surfaces are subjected to and offers a potential reduction in risk of damage to these key joints.
Reduces Risk of Lower Limb Circulation Problems
- Static standing has been identified as a contributing factor in the development of edema (swelling of the lower legs). When the muscles of the lower legs are not being flexed they cannot pump blood and fluids through the circulatory system. Because the NOSTND is bearing the weight, it is possible to relax and flex the muscles of the lower legs to encourage circulation. This is especially important for heavier individuals - for whom the NOSTND is designed.
Can Aid in Improving Overall Health
- The conventional seated position (i.e. 90° bend) restricts both blood and fluid flows through the internal organs. When properly positioned for height, the straddle stance provided by the NOSTND can create an "open core" that can benefit internal systems, such as the digestive and cardiovascular systems by allowing the diaphragm to move more freely. In comparison to the traditional static seated position, the more upright stance can significantly increase cardiovascular activity.
Increases Mental Alertness
- The open core stance, combined with the ability to flex the leg muscles, naturally increases cardiovascular activity. This moves more oxygen to the brain and contributes to a greater degree of mental alertness.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- Standing with the feet flat for extended periods of time (such as at a standing desk or counter) requires the muscles of the lower back to remain in a state of constant tension (even more so if the abdominal muscles are weak). As the muscles tire, the back tends to curve or arch, which can often lead to an unnatural and unhealthy degree of lordosis (sometimes referred to as "swayback"). Since some degree of unnatural curvature is already common to many back problems, a standing workstation has the potential to increase, rather than decrease, pain and fatigue. When used at an appropriate height, the saddle-like design of the NOSTND tilts the pelvis slightly forward. This allows the spine to return to the natural, gently curved S-shape that provides the greatest strength, stability and support for the entire body. The unnatural, extreme curvature is eliminated, and the overworked muscles of the back are able to relax and recover.
Note: The NOSTND is best used as a "raised" seat, where the thighs are angled downwards, rather than at the traditional 90° sitting posture.
Reduces General Fatigue
- Many people who stand for prolonged periods during their work day already know how fatiguing this can be. The fatigue may begin in the feet and legs but typically extends its reach to affect individuals both physically and mentally. After a day of standing, many people find themselves unable to actively participate in recreational activities or to enjoy other interests. A weight-bearing seat such as the NOSTND helps to mitigate the factors that lead to fatigue, facilitating conservation of energy for after-work activities. (A mat such as one of the MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mats
, which provide cushioning for the feet when standing or leaning, can provide even more support.)
Extends Range of Movement
- Working from a semi-standing position offers a noticeable increase in range of motion and reach compared to conventional chairs or stools. This extends the Comfort Zone and allows access to a larger area of the work surface, while at the same time reducing the risk of overextension. Learn More About the Comfort Zone
- Rugged Construction: The NOSTND is heavy duty and rated for 440 lbs. It features a dual rectangular steel tube frame for rigidity and safety.
- Large Seating Surface: The broad saddle-inspired design of the NOSTND seat provides a seating surface that can accommodate the majority of larger individuals. Those of smaller build may find the seat a bit large and should possible consider a saddle-style seat with more suitable dimensions.
- Large, Softly Curved Back Rest: The NOSTND features a wide, heavily padded back rest with a shallow curve that can accommodate all body types, even those with a broad build.
- Extra-Thick Padding: The NOSTND is equipped with a thickly padded seat. This means that even heavier individuals will not "bottom out" the cushion.
- Height Adjustable: Locking handwheel adjustments provide both seat and back rest height adjustments. The seat can adjust from 23.25" - 28.75". The top of the back rest can be raised up to 41.75" above the floor.
- Pelvic Tilt Pad: The padded portion around the rear of the NOSTND Seat encourages a forward tilt of the pelvis which helps to restore the natural S-Curve necessary for proper back posture.
- Easily Moveable: A large D-handle and wide rollers incorporated into the rear of the base let the NOSTND be tipped back for easy movement between locations.
- Storage Friendly: The NOSTND seat features a semi-storable design. The back leg can be folded up against the front leg but the large size of the seat and thickness of the back rest mean that it is still somewhat bulky. The seat can be detached and stored separately which does address the bulkiness to a minor degree.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
NOSTND Perching Comfort PLUS Saddle Seat
Dimensions: 18.7" (47.5 cm) Wide x 8.5" (33.6 cm) Deep x 3.1" (8 cm) Thick
Height Adjustment Range: 23.25" - 28.75" (59 cm - 73 cm)
Adjustment Method: Handwheel
Black Imitation Leather over Foam
Dimensions: 12.6" (32 cm) Deep x 18.1" (46 cm) Wide x 3.1" (8 cm) Thick
Height Adjustment Range: Up to 41.75" (106 cm)(measured from top of back)
Adjustment Method: Handwheel
Black Imitation Leather over Foam
- Base Footprint: 17.75" (45.1 cm) Wide x 22" (55.9 cm) Deep
- Weight: 34.1 lb (15.5 kg)
- Stand: Dual Rectangular Steel Tube with Nylon Glides and Rollers for Movement
- Weight Rating: 440 lbs (200 kg)
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Package Contents: NOSTND Perching Comfort PLUS Saddle Seat, Sit-Stand Comfort Seat, Assembly Guide Sheet
- Ensure Stability: Always ensure that the NOSTND is fully opened and stable before sitting.
- Select the correct height. When adjusting the height of the seat, aim to position yourself in a posture where the angle of your thighs is between 25° and 40° off the vertical - while you feet are flat to the floor. If you are unable to make comfortable contact with the seat you have likely set the seat too high.
- Remember that the NOSTND isn't a "chair" so avoid lowering it too close to a traditional sitting position.
- Remember that activity and movement are important to good health and change your position throughout the day. Make a point of changing position throughout the day.
- Although the NOSTND can greatly reduce foot fatigue throughout the day, if you still spend part of your day standing you may wish to consider adding a MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mat to your workstation. A quality mat will provide cushioning and also encourage muscle flexing to help maintain circulation in the feet and lower legs.
- Avoid soaking the seat cover. The seat cover is comprised of several pieces of imitation leather, stitched together. As such it should be considered water resistant, but not waterproof. Clean with a soft damp cloth only.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|NP-CPSS-11194|| NOSTND Perching Comfort PLUS Saddle Seat, seat height range of 23.25" to 28.75", BLACK, rated at 440 lbs.|