| Additional Resources Accessories |
* NEW PORTABLE models Now Available!
MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mats by ErgoVerse provide an ideal balance of comfort and support for standing applications. Adding a MATAR to a workstation can greatly reduce fatigue in the feet, legs and lower back. The resilient pushback provided by these mats improves circulation, encourages movement, and lessens the impact on joints that is associated with shifting of weight. MATAR mats will also not bottom out, fatigue, or collapse and are resistant to staining. While not completely impervious to cuts or punctures, these mats are highly resistant to damage of this sort. Punctures or small cuts are possible but they will not impede the performance of MATAR mats, only their resistance to liquids. In addition, the gel-free composition precludes the possibility of gel oozing out. The sealed surface lets them be cleaned easily and the material itself has anti-microbial properties.
These 0.75" thick mats are formed from 100% polyurethane and feature eco-friendly construction that employs a renewable plant-based resource and are manufactured using proprietary commercial grade PUR Technology. The result are mats that are able to handle the heavy usage of the most demanding work environments without wearing out or losing resiliency.
Unlike more common hybrid use sit-stand mats, which are necessarily firmer to accommodate a rolling chair, MATAR mats provide a much higher degree of cushioning for the feet. They are therefore much more successful at being anti-fatigue mats, which is what makes them ideal for use at standing desks, raised work counters, and warehouse data entry stations.
MATAR Mats are available in 4 sizes to meet a variety of workplace needs, with smaller ones where standing is required at a single point, up to the 72" long mats for longer counters or production stations. The 20"x32" and 24"x36" sizes are available in a model with a high visibility yellow stripe to draw attention to the presence of the mat in environments where this is a desirable feature. The Portable Models include a convenient cutout handle to make it easier to move the MATAR out of the way when a chair will be used or to transport the mat between locations.
Note: The handle cutout on the Portable models can permit moisture into the foam core so these should only be used in areas where exposure to liquids will be minimal.
- MATAR mats have a well-deserved reputation for their cushioning. The "bounce" which these mats provide subconsciously encourages small movements of the feet, ankles and even knees which in turn reduce the risks associated with static standing. In addition, the fatigue and general discomfort often associated with standing for extended periods are greatly reduced.
Reduces Risk of Lower Limb Issues
- Extended standing on hard surfaces can result in damage to the joints of the lower limbs and can increase the potential for swelling (edema) as blood pools in the legs. The highly cushioned and responsive surface of the MATAR Mats reduces these risks by reducing the impact on joints and encouraging ongoing small muscle movements that help to move blood back out of the legs.
Increases Standing Time
- Most people find that standing for extended periods, especially on a hard tile or concrete floor (or thinly carpeted concrete floors) is actually quite exhausting to the feet, legs, and then the entire body. Employing an anti-fatigue mat such as the MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mats, designed specifically to reduce the pressure on the soles of the feet and increase the movements which boost energy, can greatly extend the length of their standing periods.
Can Reduce Risk of Back Injury
- Highly cushioned, anti-fatigue mats such as the MATAR line can reduce the risk of spinal compression, with the mat serving as a shock absorber. It also encourages more flexibility as muscles perform small adjustments as weight is shifted on the mats, changing the angles at which ankles, knees and hips are positioned. This translates into regular movement of the lower back muscles which would not naturally occur when standing on a rigid flooring surface.
Can Lead to Improved Safety and Performance
- Tired workers make mistakes. Depending on the type of work being performed this can be as minor as simple errors in written communications or costly and life-changing injuries. By reducing the fatigue level with a quality anti-fatigue mat designed specifically for standing employees can work not only more safely but with increased productivity.
- Superb Cushioning: MATAR mats have a well-deserved reputation for their cushioning. Users find that fatigue and general discomfort is greatly reduced. The bounce which the mats provide subconsciously encourages small movements of the feet, ankles and even knees which in turn reduce the risks associated with static standing.
- Designed for Standing: MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mats are designed for standing, not sitting. For this reason they are able to offer a much greater degree of support and cushioning than other anti-fatigue products which are promoted as suitable for use with an office chair. With no sacrifice necessary to accommodate the movement of a chair, the MATAR can achieve much higher comfort levels than those other firmer dual-purpose mats can provide. There is a rule-of-thumb which applies here – i.e. "A good anti-fatigue mat will not make a good chair mat, and a good chair mat will not make a good anti-fatigue mat". Any mat which is promoted to serve both purposes is making a sacrifice in performance for both purposes.
- Commercial Grade: The MATAR mats are commercial grade, designed to survive heavy use. They will never delaminate, or bottom out.
- Eco-Friendly: MATAR mats are formed from a natural plant-based renewable resource.
- High-Traction Bottom: Safety is ensured. The high traction bottom hugs the floor, keeping the mats securely in position. For this reason MATAR mats are certified by the National Floor Safety Institute.
- PORTABLE Models Available: The most popular size of the MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mat is now avaialable in a PORTABLE model that features a convenient cutout handle. This makes it easy to lift and store it away when a chair will be used or to transport between locations. Because the cutout handle can permit moisture into the foam core these models should only be used in areas where exposure to liquids will be minimal. Where moisture or liquids are present any of the standard models are an ideal solution.
- Beveled Edges: Additional safety is provided by the 18° beveled edges which reduce the risk of tripping for both users and passersby.
- Durable Surface: MATAR mats are puncture and stain resistant and, unlike gel mats, will not leak if damaged. In fact, the mats will continue to function without any change.
- Naturally Anti-Microbial: The MATAR mats are naturally anti-microbial and the sealed upper and lower surfaces mean they can be easily cleaned as necessary. Of course, punctures or cuts to the surface will affect their moisture resistance capabilities.
- Warranty: MATAR mats are backed by a 5-Year Warranty (2 Years on the Yellow Stripe Material).
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mat: Black
MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mat: Taupe
PORTABLE MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mat: Grey
MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mat: Black with Yellow Safety Stripes
MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mat - Variety of Colours and Sizes
MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mat - Features
- Avoid standing on MATAR mats with stiletto style heels. Although they are highly resistant to punctures this type of usage will increase the risk of damaging the surface.
- Avoid footwear which can increase the risk of twisting an ankle. Since the cushioning of the mats encourage a natural movement of the feet and ankles, anyone using them with higher heels should be careful to not overflex.
- Actively engage your feet and legs in movement. Take advantage of the resiliency of your MATAR Mat and make a point of shifting or rocking your feet. Doing this will reduce the amount of time you keep pressure on any given part of your foot, engage muscles which can increase blood flow, and encourage use of small muscles which can become tight from fixed standing positions. This will also result in more energy as your body maintains a level of activity not present when standing statically.
- Do not expect to roll a chair or other weighted equipment over a MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mat. The small weight-bearing surface which casters and wheels have will cause them to sink into the mat—effectively locking the wheel in place. While a chair with casters can be placed on these mats movement will be all but impossible once the chair is occupied. The Handle models are ideal in these situations as they can be lifted and stored out of the way using the convenient handle cutout.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|MMT-2032-BLK|| 20" x 32" x 0.75", Black|
|MMT-2032-TPE|| 20" x 32" x 0.75", Taupe|
|MMT-2032-TPE-CLASSIC|| 20" x 32" x 0.75", Taupe (no logo)|
|MMT-2032-GRY-HNDL|| 20" x 32" x 0.75", Grey, with HANDLE|
|MMT-2032-BLK-HNDL|| 20" x 32" x 0.75", Black, with HANDLE|
|MMT-2032-BYW|| 20" x 32" x 0.75", Black with Yellow Stripe|
|MMT-2436-BLK|| 24" x 36" x 0.75", Black|
|MMT-2436-TPE|| 24" x 36" x 0.75", Taupe|
|MMT-2436-BYW|| 24" x 36" x 0.75", Black with Yellow Stripe|
|MMT-2048-BLK|| 20" x 48" x 0.75", Black|
|MMT-2048-TPE|| 20" x 48" x 0.75", Taupe|
|MMT-2072-BLK|| 20" x 72" x 0.75", Black|
|MMT-2072-TPE|| 20" x 72" x 0.75", Taupe|