Page last updated: Mon, 18-Nov-2019 15:18:42
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Contour Mouse Opticalby Contour Design Inc.
| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The Contour Mouse Optical (CMO) is an orthopedically supportive mouse which comes in several sizes for both the left and right hands, largely eliminating the grip force which is prevalent on most conventional mice. This design features a 'hump' on the middle of the mouse which aligns with the hollow of the hand, supporting and aligning the hand in a similar manner to arch supports in a shoe. This also provides a clear indication of where to position the hand for maximum support, allowing gravity to do much of the work in controlling the mouse. The buttons are extra long and peak at the base of the button, allowing the user to generate clicks from the knuckle closest to the hand instead of the tip of the finger. The axis of the vertical scroll wheel is rotated 90°, eliminating the awkward traditional 'clawing' movement required to spin the wheel.
This mouse currently comes in a Pewter Silver finish, facilitating usage of the mouse in Mode 1 (gross movement) and Mode 2 (fine movement). The Small Left model is currently only available in the original white model, with all other sizes available in the Pewter Silver.
- The concave depression on the thumb side of the mouse combined with the downward slope towards the mouse towards the fifth finger positions the hand at a 17° angle off the horizontal, which is a more natural position for your hand.
Vastly Reduced Grip Requirements
- The 'hump' on the top of the mouse in conjunction with the asymmetric design allows gravitational force on the hand to be employed to provide the majority of the control required to precisely move the mouse; there is no need to grip the mouse
Reduces Pain and Force of Clicking
- The tips of the fingers should hang over the end of the mouse slightly, which allows the user to click with the base of the first segment of the finger - meaning the user is not bending, hovering or lifting up the finger, resulting in approximately 1/10th of the muscles required to perform the clicking action. Because the fingers are not poised in preparation to click, the 'clicking' fingers remain relaxed, outstretched and supported at all times
No Learning Curve
- As the design and usage of the mouse are very similar to traditional mice, there is no learning curve or adaptation period required to become accustomed to this mouse.
Full Access to the Middle Mouse Button
- Unlike many mice, the middle mouse button is fully accessible to provide macroscroll/autoscroll functionality.
Horizontally Aligned Vertical Scroll Wheel
- The vertical scroll wheel is accessible on the side of the mouse, allowing the user to perform scrolling actions with the edge of their thumb without losing the orthopedic benefits of the mouse.
Elevated Palm Support
- Pressure on the underside of the wrist is reduced by keeping it off the desk top. Wrist alignment is straighter and less likely to deviate laterally (i.e. twisting of the wrist). The hand is balanced in a neutral, tilted posture.
- Multiple Sizes for both Left and Right Hands: The Contour Optical Mouse is available in Small, Medium, Large, and Extra-Large for the right hand and Small, Medium and Large for the left hand. To determine which size is best for you, click here.
- Sculpted Elevated Buttons: This enables the hand to remain open with the fingers extended in a 'primed' position for quick button activation. Buttons are elevated and shaped to reduce excessive load on the fingertips.
- Thumb Support with Integrated Scroll Wheel & Two Position Rocker Switch (Contour Mouse Classic Plus (CMO5) models do not have Scroll Wheel): The 2 position side rocker switch uses very light touch internal switches and are designed not to require pinch force to activate. The switches 'click' with a very slight forward or backward motion of the thumb. The Rocker or See-Saw Switch is rubber coated and textured to provide maximum grip, with little effort. (The CMO5 is available for those users who want to eliminate vertical scroll wheel movements, and is identical to the CMO in all other aspects.)
- Multiple Platform Compatibility: The Contour Optical Mouse is a native USB device, providing support for the majority of currently assembled and older computer systems. There is an optional PS/2 adapter also available (support for this adapter is not guaranteed).
- Programmable Software: Programming software for PC and MAC is avaiable for download and allows customization of the Contour Mouse Optical to accomplish tasks faster and easier. Assign distinct functions to each button individually.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Contour Mouse is Available in Multiple Sizes for Both Left and Right Hands
Contour Mouse Outside View
Contour Mouse Viewed From Back
Contour Mouse Inside View
Contour Mouse Front View
Contour Mouse: Mode 1 Usage
Contour Mouse: Mode 2 Usage
Contour Mouse From Front
Contour Mouse From Top
Contour Mouse Sizing Chart
New 3D Interactive Virtual Product
- Depth (front-to-back): Small: 5.25" (13.3 cm)
Medium: 5.75" (14.6 cm)
Large: 6.0" (15.2 cm)
Extra-Large: 6.5" (16.5 cm)
- Width: Small: 2.75" (7.0 cm)
Medium: 3.0" (7.6 cm)
Large: 3.25" (8.3 cm)
Extra-Large: 3.5" (8.9 cm)
- Height: Small: 1.7" (4.4 cm)
Medium: 1.8" (4.7 cm)
Large: 2.0" (5.1 cm)
Extra-Large: 2.1" (5.3 cm)
- Cord Length: 73.0" (1.85 m)
- Hand Sizes: Small: under 6.75" (17 cm)
Medium: 6.75" - 7.5" (17 - 19 cm)
Large: 7.5" - 8.25" (19 - 21 cm)
Extra-Large: 8.25" and above (21 cm and above)
- Colour: Mouse housing in Pewter Silver
Scroll wheel and rocker switch:
- Small: Purple
- Medium: Red
- Large: Blue
- Extra large: Green
- Package Contents:
- CMO or CMO5 mouse
- Quick Start Guide
- Plastic cord manager (adhesive)
- Drivers Available: PC & Mac: Drivers
Note:Please verify compatibility with your OS.
- Interface: USB (legacy USB to PS/2 adapter available at additional charge)
- Warranty: 1 Year (manufacturer direct only)
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|CMO-GM-M-R|| Medium, Right, Pewter Silver, with scroll wheel|
|CMO-GM-L-R|| Large, Right, Pewter Silver, with scroll wheel|
|CMO-GM-XL-R|| Extra large, Right, Pewter Silver, with scroll wheel|
|CMO-GM-M-L|| Medium, Left, Pewter Silver, with scroll wheel|
|CMO-GM-L-L|| Large, Left, Pewter Silver, with scroll wheel|
|CMO-GM-S-R|| Small, Right, Pewter Silver, with scroll wheel|