| Accessories |
The Contour Mouse Wireless from Contour Design features a two decade old, proven orthopedically supportive design. Available in several sizes - 3 for the right hand and 2 for the left hand, this design largely eliminates the potential for static grip force, a risk that is present with most conventional mice. This design features an arch on the middle of the mouse that aligns with the hollow of the hand, supporting and positioning the hand in a similar manner to arch supports in a shoe. This also provides a clear indication of where to position the hand for maximum support, allowing gravity to do much of the work in controlling the mouse. The buttons are extra long and peak at the base of the button, allowing clicks to be generated from the knuckle closest to the hand instead of the tip of the finger. Scrolling action is transferred to the thumb which permits the fingers to remain at rest by eliminating the awkward traditional "clawing" movement required to spin the wheel. The side thumb rest offers easy access to both the scroll wheel and the rocker switch. The rocker switch is located just below the thumb rest and offers access to back/forward functions when browsing the web or within documents.
The Contour Mouse Wireless is equipped with a 10 level sensor that reads from 800 - 2800 DPI. Sensitivity adjustment is via a single button located on the underside of the mouse. Two-colour LED indicators identify the current DPI setting. The three light-activation buttons feature crisp activation with an audible click. These provide access to Left, Middle and Right Clicks. The scroll wheel is equipped with a rubber tire for grip and has distinct but soft detents.
Those who like to customize their mouse will appreciate the wide range of programmable options that are available. There are five buttons that can be reassigned to perform any standard mouse action as well as a host of specialized actions. For those with a good memory the available PC and Mac compatible drivers also offer the option of setting "program specific" command layouts.
The Contour Mouse Wireless employs 2.4Ghz Advanced Wireless Technology and is powered by a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery. The 2-hour rapid recharge can provide up to 3 months use on a single charge. Of course, individual usage will determine the recharge cycle.
Select the optimum size using this Sizing Guide.
Note: The Contour Mouse now comes with a 30-Day manufacturer's warranty.
- The body of the Contour Mouse Wireless is designed to support the hand in a natural position at roughly a 17° angle off the horizontal. The outward slope of the body provides support for the palm and fingers while the elevated thumb rest raises the thumb off the desk to achieve a complimentary alignment. Learn More About Pronation.
Reduced Grip Requirements
- The raised arch on the top of the mouse acts as a natural reference point for optimal hand positioning. With the thumb properly positioned in the thumb rest, and the elbow in neutral position below the shoulder, gravity assists in keeping the hand in position on the mouse, reducing the need or desire to "grip" the mouse for control.
Learn More About Static Grip Force.
Reduces Pain and Force of Clicking
- The tips of the fingers should hang slightly over the end of the mouse, which allows clicking with the base of the first segment of the finger - meaning the finger is not bending, hovering or lifting up, resulting in approximately 1/10th of the muscles required to perform the clicking action. Because the fingers are not poised in preparation to click, the "clicking" fingers remain relaxed, outstretched and supported at all times
Eliminates the Risk of Trigger Finger
- Because the fingers are able to comfortably rest along the body of the Contour Mouse and scrolling is performed by the thumb there is no reason for any finger to be held in a "primed" manner above the mouse. Learn More About Trigger Finger.
No Learning Curve
- As the design and usage of the mouse are very similar to traditional mice, there is no learning curve or adaptation period required to become accustomed to this mouse.
Full Access to the Middle Mouse Button
- Unlike many mice, the middle mouse button is fully accessible to provide macroscroll/autoscroll functionality.
Thumb Scroll Wheel
- The scroll wheel is located for easy access using the edge of the thumb without losing the orthopaedic benefits of the mouse. The thumb activation means that the finger can remain at rest along the body of the mouse, rather than being used in an unnatural position to perform scrolling.
Aids in Addressing Wrist Extension and Carpal Tunnel Pressure
- Pressure on the underside of the wrist is reduced by keeping it off the desk top. Wrist alignment is straighter and less likely to deviate laterally (i.e. twisting of the wrist). The hand is balanced in a neutral, tilted posture. Learn More About Wrist Extension.
- Multiple Sizes for both Left and Right Hands: The Contour Mouse Wireless is available in Small, Medium, and Large for the right hand and Medium and Large for the left hand. To determine which is the correct size click here.
- Wireless: The new Contour Mouse Wireless offers the same functionality and ergonomics of the earlier wired Contour Mouse and Perfit Mouse models from Contour. The 2.4Ghz Advanced Wireless Technology offers the convenience factor for situations where wired devices are impractical or simply not desired.
- Sculpted Elevated Buttons: This enables the hand to remain open with the fingers extended in a "primed" position for quick button activation. Buttons are elevated and shaped to reduce excessive load on the fingertips.
- Adjustable Cursor Speeds: The Contour Mouse Wireless is equipped with a ten-level sensor capability that offers DPI settings from 800 through 2800. This adjustment is made via a button on the underside of the mouse. Illuminated indicators identify the current sensor setting.
- Rechargeable: The Contour Mouse Wireless has an internal rechargeable Lithium-ion battery that can provide up to 3 months of use on a single charge. Of course, this will vary depending on the usage demands. Charge time is a short 2 hours during which the mouse can still be used.
- Contoured Thumb Support with Integrated Scroll Wheel & Two Position Rocker Switch: The 2 position side rocker switch uses light touch switches and is designed to not require pinch force to activate. The switches "click" with a very slight forward or backward motion of the thumb. The angular Rocker Switch is rubber coated and textured to provide maximum control with little effort. The scroll wheel has a centre rubber tire for to ensure slip-free scrolling.
- Back/Forward Thumb Buttons: Browsing Back and Forward is easily accomplished via the thumb activated Rocker Switch located just below the side thumb rest.
- Multiple Platform Compatibility: The Contour Mouse Wireless is a plug-and-play device. All basic functionality is available without the need to install drivers.
- Fully Programmable: The Contour Mouse Wireless features 5 programmable buttons. Using the driver, commands can be reassigned and custom options set for all buttons. 5 buttons are supported in the Program Specific layouts. Both PC and Mac drivers are available via the manufacturer's support page.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Contour Mouse Wireless
Contour Mouse Wireless - Side Profile
Contour Mouse Wireless - Inside Front
Contour Mouse Wireless - Top
Contour Mouse Wireless - Adjustable DPI
Contour Mouse Wireless - Multiple Sizes for Left and Right
Contour Mouse Wireless - Left Hand
Contour Mouse Wireless - Left Hand - Top View
- Contour Mouse Wireless Manual: PDF
- Contour Mouse Sizing Chart: PDF
- Depth (front-to-back):
Small: 5.25" (13.3 cm)
Medium: 5.75" (14.6 cm)
Large: 6.0" (15.2 cm)
Small: 2.75" (7.0 cm)
Medium: 3.0" (7.6 cm)
Large: 3.25" (8.3 cm)
Small: 1.7" (4.4 cm)
Medium: 1.8" (4.7 cm)
Large: 2.0" (5.1 cm)
- Hand Sizes: Small: under 6.75" (17 cm)
Medium: 6.75" - 7.5" (17 - 19 cm)
Large: 7.5" - 8.25" (19 - 21 cm)
Small: 3.9 oz (110 gr)
Medium: 4.2 oz (120 gr)
Large: 4.9 oz (139 gr)
- Colour: Mouse housing in Pewter Silver
- Sensor: Pixart (PMW3330)
- DPI Settings: 800, 1000, 1200, 1400, 1600, 1800, 2000, 2200, 2400, 2600, 2800
- Interface: USB Mini Receiver
- Connection: 2.4gHz Advanced Wireless Technology
- Range: Up to 25 foot functional range
- Power Source: Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery with 2 hour recharge time. Up to 3 month charge cycle depending on mousing demands.
- Compatibility: Plug and Play
- Programmability: 5 Buttons for custom programming (Left, Middle, Right, Scroll Click, Forward and Back (driver required - see below)
- Drivers Available: PC & Mac: Drivers
Note:Please verify compatibility with your OS.
- Warranty: 30 Days (manufacturer direct only)
- Package Contents: Contour Mouse Wireless, Wireless Receiver/Dongle, USB 2.0 Cable Adapter, USB to Micro USB Cable, User Guide
- When using your Contour Mouse you should position your mouse so that when the cursor is in the centre of the screen your elbow is positioned almost directly below your shoulder. This position will result in the most relaxed position for your hand while also providing you with the most ergonomic positioning.There are two "modes" for using the Contour Mouse:
Mode 1: This is the most ergonomic method and the best for general work. For Mode 1 you want to have your hand positioned up over the body of the mouse, with the raised portion of the mouse socketed into the hollow of the palm. The fingers should be resting flat along the buttons with the tips extending past the end of the mouse. Movement of the mouse is then completed by moving the entire hand using the entire arm. If you find that your hand wants to "pull away" from the mouse take a look at the position of your elbow in relation to your shoulder. You will most likely see that it is well ahead of your shoulder position. What is happening at that point is that gravity is trying to pull your elbow and arm back to "neutral" below the shoulder. Always try to keep your mouse within a range that minimizes the deviation of the elbow from that neutral position
Mode 2: Mode 2 can be adopted when finer control is desired. In this position you can bring your hand back down off the body of the mouse, permitting the heel of the hand to contact the worksurface. This provides a fixed point of control that is more "traditional" but also much less ergonomic. Cursor control is finer because the mouse is primarily moved with a pinching action between the thumb and pinkie fingers but this is achieved at the sacrifice of most of the ergonomic benefits of the Contour Mouse. The pinching action can cause tension across the carpal tunnel, the fingers are placed quite far back on the buttons - thus requiring a significantly greater degree of force, and the hand is now unsupported. The overall end result is that the hand will not be able to relax during use. Mode 2 usage should be limited to short periods as with practice most people will be able to learn to achieve fine control in Mode 1, letting them enjoy the ergonomics of the Contour Mouse while still maintaining efficiency in their work.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|CMO-GM-S-R-WL|| Small, Right, Wireless, Pewter Silver|
|CMO-GM-M-R-WL|| Medium, Right, Wireless, Pewter Silver|
|CMO-GM-L-R-WL|| Large, Right, Wireless, Pewter Silver|
|CMO-GM-M-L-WL|| Medium, Left, Wireless, Pewter Silver|
|CMO-GM-L-L-WL|| Large, Left, Wireless, Pewter Silver|