Roller II by Traxsys / Esterline (formerly Penny and Giles) - Detailed Specifications
Traxsys Input Products have designed
and produced this special trackerball to improve computer access where the user
may have difficulties with a conventional mouse or prefer the ease of use of
this product. A superbly engineered trackball, the Roller II offers value for
money and has proved to be very popular with users of all ages. Captive fasteners
in the base allow the device to be attached to a desk or a wheelchair tray.
- Conveniently Positioned Keys: The buttons are positioned conveniently
around the trackball for easy access.
- Left and Right Keys: The left (yellow) and right (blue) keys operate
as left and right mouse buttons.
- Centre / Drag Key: The centre (green) key is used to select the
left drag function. When the green key is pressed, a light indicator flashes
and the drag key is latched on. A second press of the green key will release
the latch and the indicator light will go off. When the green key is pressed
the drag key can be used for dragging images on the screen which enables the
operator to concentrate on steering the cursor with the ball without the need
to hold the key in the 'on' position.
- Coloured Buttons: Make it easier to communicate and spot which one
- YELLOW SWITCH - Left Mouse Button
- GREEN SWITCH - Drag Lock Button
for Left Mouse Button
- BLUE SWITCH - Right Mouse Button
- Left OR Right-Handed Button Configuration: In order to toggle 'left-handed'
and 'right-handed' button configuration, press and hold the middle and left
- Fast Mode: A 'fast mode' has been introduced when using iMac computers
(USB only). In this mode, each count of the trackerball is multiplied by four.
To toggle 'fast mode' on and off, the middle and right buttons must both be
pressed and held pressed for three seconds. Upon a processor rest, the speed
defaults to normal. Upon switching to 'fast mode' the unit generates four
counts per edge instead of one.
- Jack Sockets: Three 3.5 mm jack sockets allow external switches to
be connected and parallel the function of the mouse switches.
- Removable Finger Guard: Helps to locate the correct switch, supports
the hand, and avoids pressing the wrong keys.
- Captive Fasteners: Captive fasteners in the base allow the device
to be attached to a desk or wheelchair tray.
- Solid Construction: Keeps the unit in place.
- Plug and Play: No drivers, no software to install. All features are
hardwired into the unit.
- IBM compatible
- Macintosh compatible
- USB connection with PS/2 adapter
Width: 13.4 cm
Length: 21.5 cm
Height: 6.7 cm
Colour: Grey (case); Red (ball)
Case: ABS Plastic
Cable: 2 m, PVC sheath
Resolution: 1080 edges/revolution
Supply: +5V DC +/- 5% 50 mA MAX
- USB to PS/2 adapter
- Perspex Keyguard
- Operating Instructions