Roller Plus by Traxsys / Esterline (formerly Penny and Giles) - Detailed Specifications
The Joystick Plus has been specifically
designed to improve computer access where the user may have difficulties with
a conventional mouse. This robust unit has many special features including a
speed control key, latching drag switch and buttons that allow only up/down
or left/right movements of the cursor. This mouse alternative is ideal for users
with motor-skill difficulties.
Mouse Switch (to the left of the joystick): This switch takes the place
of the left mouse switch and is used for single click and double click operations.
- Right Mouse Switch (to the right of the joystick): This switch takes
the place of the right mouse switch.
- Double Click Switch (to the bottom left of the joystick): If difficulty
is experienced when 'double clicking' with the left mouse switch, a single
press of this switch will execute a double click operation.
- Drag Switch (to the bottom right of the joystick): When this switch
is pressed once, 'dragging operations' can be executed. This is the equivalent
of holding down the left mouse key. Pressing the switch a second time cancels
this operation. Actuation of the drag function is indicated by an LED at the
top left of the unit.
- X-Y Switch (above the joystick): Pressing this switch once gives
left-right cursor movements only, pressing again gives up-down only. To cancel
this function the switch should be pressed a third time. Selection of this
function is indicated by an LED at the top left of the unit.
- Speed Control Switch (bottom left corner of the unit): This switch
gives five cursor speeds. Each time the switch is pressed, the cursor slows
down until after the slowest speed, it will then revert to the highest speed
and the cycle will be repeated. This is a hardware acceleration control option
which works in conjunction as needed with the standard mouse acceleration
built into your operating system.
- Cursor Control: The cursor is moved around the screen by rotating
the ball in the direction you wish the cursor to go. The faster the ball is
rotated the faster the cursor will move.
- Switch Box: All of the switches apart from the speed control can
be accessed remotely by attaching the switch box to the 'D' connector at the
rear of the unit. Any switch with a 3.5 mm jack can then be connected to take
the place of the switches on the unit.
- Removable Finger Guard: Helps to locate the correct switch, supports
the hand, and avoids pressing the wrong keys.
- Remote Switching Socket: Fitted to the rear of the unit, and allows
the main switches on the front panel to be duplicated externally. Assists
impaired hand control.
- Right-Handed OR Left-Handed Operation: This unit has the ability
to swap from right to left-handed operation. In order to toggle 'left-handed'
and 'right-handed' button configuration, press and hold the middle and left
- Solid Construction: Keeps the unit in place.
- Plug and Play: No special software needed.
- Windows compatible
- Macintosh compatible
- USB with PS/2 adapter
Width: 13.4 cm
Length: 21.5 cm
Height: 11.0 cm
Joystick: Dual Access P+G JC2000
Cable: 2 m; white PVC sheath
Supply: +5V DC +/- 5% @ 150 mA
- SoftKnob (Yellow)
- T-bar (Black)
- Slim Joystick
- Perspex Keyguard
- Operating instructions
- PS/2 Adapter