Evoluent Mouse-Friendly Left-Handed Compact Keyboard (KB1)
- Detailed Specifications Page
The Evoluent Mouse-Friendly Keyboard
has a more sensible layout with the numeric keypad on the left so your mouse
may be much closer on the right. This allows your mouse to be directly in front
of your shoulder. Your arm is in a relaxed neutral position when using the mouse.
The general layout of the standard keyboard was designed
before the introduction of the mouse. Since number entry was one of the primary
functions of the keyboard at that time, having the numeric keypad on the right
side made sense. Now, most users use the mouse far more than the numeric keypad,
so the keypad now occupies the space where the mouse should be.
- Eliminates stretching your arm to reach the mouse by having the numeric
keypad on the left.
- Your mouse may be much closer on the right.
- Allows your right arm to be in a relaxed neutral position when using the
- Reduces the need to remove your hand from the mouse by allowing your left
hand to operate Enter, Del, Page Up, Page Down, arrows, and other keys in
the numeric keypad on the left.
- Duplicate Page Up, Page Down, Home, End, Del, and arrow keys on the right.
- Full size arrows, Del, F's, Ctrl, and Alt keys for easy operation.
- Extra Del key at the left end of the spacebar allows lefthand operation
so you can keep your right hand on the mouse.
- Tactile bumps on often used keys such as Del, End, Page Down, Ctrl, and
down arrow to aid operation by touch.
- Hot keys for one touch access to the Internet, e-mail, media player, volume
control, standby, power off, and other functions.
- High quality, notebook computer-type key mechanisms with precision feel.
- Only 1/2" or 12.5 mm thick overall with ultra flat key caps.
An ordinary keyboard has a numeric keypad where the
mouse should be. Your mouse is too far away.
The Evoluent Mouse-Friendly Keyboard has a numeric keypad
on the left. Your mouse may be much closer on the right.
An ordinary keyboard forces your arm to stretch outward
to reach the mouse.
The Evoluent Mouse-Friendly Keyboard allows your mouse
to be directly in front of your shoulder. Your arm is in a relaxed neutral
position when using the mouse.
- Full functionality in Windows XP; some hotkeys on top row may
not work in other Windows versions.
- Works with Mac, Unix, and Linux except for some hotkeys on the
With a Mac, the Windows key is the Mac key, and the eject key is
pressing and holding F12. Num Lock is locked on.
| Length: 15.4"
Weight: 2.2 lbs
Keyswitch: Scissor-switch membrane
Number of Keys: 104
- KB1-SB (Silver Housing with Black Keys)
NOTE: USB port required; will not work in PS/2 port.
- 1 year from the date of purchase
If you opened this page from our online catalog, close this
window to return to it. If you opened this page from outside the ErgoCanada.com
web site, click
here to enter our online catalog.
Please bookmark this site and check back often, as we continuously
add new products and update product information.
Ergonomics Portal: ErgoCanada.com
P.O. Box 9022 Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7K 7E7
Phone: (306) 382-5995 Fax: (306) 382-4995
Toll-Free: (866) 335-3746 (ERGO)
Check out our other portals:
- Specialty gaming products for extreme gamers
ErgoLaptop.com - Ergonomic products
for laptop users.
BirdXCanada.com - Bird control products
All materials copyright
© 2008 Micwil Group of Companies Ltd.