| Ergonomic Benefits Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
This product was designed to improve computer access where the user may have difficulties with a conventional trackball or mouse or prefer the ease of use of this product. Compared to a conventional mouse, this joystick requires very little energy to operate. Other mice or trackballs require lots of pushing to move the mouse around. The Roller Joystick just needs holding in the direction that you want the cursor to travel - and the computer does all the hard work.
To see examples of switches which can be used with this joystick, check out our Switches category.
Note: Due to supply issues access to this product is severely limited. You may wish to consider one of the following as an alternative:
OptimaX Wireless Joystick
- Conveniently positioned keys: The keys are positioned conveniently around the joystick for easy access.
- Left and Right keys: The left (yellow) and right (blue) keys operate as left and right mouse keys.
- Centre key: The centre (green) key is used to select the left drag function. When the green key is pressed, a light indicator flashes and the drag key is latched on. This can be used for dragging images on the screen which enables the operator to concentrate on steering the cursor with the joystick without the need to hold the key in the 'on' position. A second press of the green key will release the latch and the indicator light will go off.
- Coloured buttons: Coloured buttons make it easier to communicate and spot which one to press.
- YELLOW SWITCH - Left Mouse Button
- GREEN SWITCH - Drag Lock Buttonfor Left Mouse Button
- BLUE SWITCH - Right Mouse Button
- Left OR Right-handed use: In order to toggle 'left-handed' and 'right-handed' button configuration, press and hold the middle and left buttons.
- Fast mode: A 'fast mode' has been introduced when using iMac computers (USB only). In this mode, each count of the trackerball or joystick is multiplied by four. To toggle 'fast mode' on and off, the middle and right buttons must both be pressed and held pressed for three seconds. Upon a processor reset, the speed defaults to normal. Upon switching to 'fast mode' the unit generates four counts per edge instead of one.
- Jack sockets: Three 3.5 mm jack sockets allow external switches to be connected and parallel the function of the mouse switches.
- Removable finger guard: Helps to locate the correct switch, supports the hand, and avoids pressing the wrong keys. Guard is easily removed if not required.
- Captive fasteners: Captive fasteners in the base allow the device to be attached to a desk or wheelchair tray.
- Plug and play: No drivers, no software to install. All features are hardwired into the unit.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Roller II Joystick
Roller II Joystick - various joystick attachments
- Width: 5.28" (13.4 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 8.46" (21.5 cm)
- Height: 4.33" (11.0 cm)
- Colour: Grey
- Case: ABS plastic
- Joystick: Dual axis P+G JC2000
- Cable: 6' 6.7" (2 m)
- Cable sheath: White PVC
- Supply: 5 V (D.C.) ± 5% @150 mA (max)
- Included in the box:
- SoftKnob (Yellow)
- T-bar (Black)
- Slim Joystick
- Perspex Keyguard
- Operating instructions
- PS/2 Adapter
- Compatibility: Windows, Mac OSes
- Interface: USB (USB to PS/2 adapterincluded)
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|TE-R2J|| Roller II Joystick|