| Additional Resources Accessories |
Mounted onto a standard office desk, the Universal Forearm Support creates a gently curving inset at the front of the desk and comfortable support for both forearms. With the forearms resting on the Universal Forearm Support, the smaller muscles of the upper back and shoulders no longer have to carry the weight, helping to reduce fatigue, inflammation, and pain in these muscle groups. The unique, asymetric shape of the Universal Forearm Support is designed primarily for right-handed users, but the support can also work well for those who use a central pointing device such as a RollerMouse or Mousetrapper.
The Universal Forearm Support features European styling and craftsmanship and tool-free installation. The surface is composed of a polyurethane foam pad covered with supple imitation leather. The foam cushioning helps to prevent injury to pressure-sensitive areas on the inside of the arm, and the imitation leather cover offers frictionless movement. The cover can be cleaned and disinfected as necessary.
Those who use low-profile keyboards may wish to consider the Slimline Forearm Support Pro which has slim profile better suited to these thinner keyboards.
Included steel brackets and winged bolts clamp the Universal Forearm Support securely to any desk or table up to 1.0" thick, and a plate steel base ensures overall strength and rigidity.
There are now two models of the Universal Forearm Support to better accommodate the full range of keyboard heights. The new SLIMLINE Forearm Support PRO offers a noticeably lower profile, at just 0.43" in height it is well-suited for use with lower profile keyboards. The lower profile is accommodated by a layer of higher density foam than that on the basic model. The firm foam still provides sufficient cushioning when the arms and palms are being rested. Those who use lower-profile keyboards may wish to consider the SLIMLINE Forearm Support PRO. The Slimline Pro also has an improved and wider range of mounting options.
Note: Arm and hand support solutions which elevate the hand above the mousing surface can subtly change hand placement on some specialized mousing devices, potentially affecting the manner in which the user interacts with the devices and possibly limiting the ergonomic benefits generally associated with them. With some products these changes may be more significant than with others. Please call to speak with a Customer Service Specialist to discuss the compatibility of this product with the intended pointing device.
Reduces Strain on Upper Back and Shoulders
- The Universal Forearm Support relieves the burden on the muscles of the shoulders and upper back, which would otherwise bear the load of supporting and stabilizing the weight of the extended arms. During lengthy or repeated work sessions, these smaller upper body muscles can become fatigued and inflamed. The Universal Forearm Support prevents strain, and can give previously overtaxed muscle groups an opportunity to relax and recover.
Can Reduce Fatigue in the Arms and Hands
- When static tension in the shoulders and upper back muscles is alleviated, blood flow through the tissues of the arms and hands improves, reducing the risks of inflammation, pain and injury.
Prevents Inadvertent Wrist Extension
- The depth and slight elevation of the Universal Forearm Support prevent the user from dropping the heels of the hand to the desk top when typing. The availability of two models means that users can choose the forearm support that best matches their keyboard height. Preventing this bend at the wrist creates a healthier, neutral alignment of the hand and arm that can alleviate or prevent the development of painful conditions such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Learn More About Wrist Extension
Provides Pressure-Free Support
- With the Universal Forearm Support, the weight of the forearm and wrist is distributed over a much greater surface area than is possible with a more traditional wrist rest or palm support, significantly reducing the possibility of uncomfortable pressure points. The soft, molded waterfall design also eliminates possible pinch points where the underside of the forearms would meet the edge of the desk.
- With insufficient arm support, users sometimes tend to hunch forward, especially when concentrating, or as they tire during a lengthy work session. The result is prolonged overextension of the muscles of the upper back, and at the rear of the shoulders and neck. Repeated periods of overextension in these muscle groups can cause pain and inflammation, and can lead to unhealthy tightening of the muscles in the chest. The Universal Forearm Support helps the user avoid this hunched posture, allowing the spine to maintain the orthopedically stable "S" curve that keeps the muscles of the upper body in healthy balance.
- Asymmetric Design: Right-handed users will appreciate the extra forearm support when mousing as well as keyboarding.
- Slender Design: The Universal Forearm Support narrows to under 2" to minimize any reach to the keyboard, enabling users to position themselves as close as possible.
- Soft Cushioning: Polyurethane foam padding ensures that the forearms rest on no sharp edges or pressure points. The supple, imitation leather cover minimizes friction when moving across the surface.
- Two Profile Options: The two models of the Universal Forearm Support let users choose a model that best matches their keyboard height. The 410390 is just over 0.75" thick (before compression) and works best with the higher profile of traditional and mechanical keyboards. The SLIMLINE Forearm Support PRO (410395) is just 0.43" thick and is better suited to deployment where thin laptop-style or lower-profile keyboards are in use.
- Tool-Free Mounting: The Universal Forearm Support is equipped with steel brackets that are secured to the worksurface with included hand-tightening winged bolts. The SLIMLINE model has an improved mounting system that offers greater adjustability.
- Easy to Clean: The imitation leather surface can easily be wiped down or disinfected with many common cleaners.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Sun-Flex Universal Forearm Support
Sun-Flex Universal Forearm Support In Use
Sun-Flex Universal Forearm Support Specifications
Universal Forearm Support - Keyboard Height Comparison
SLIMLINE Forearm Support PRO
SLIMLINE Forearm Support PRO - Keyboard Height Comparison
- Choose the Universal Forearm Support that best matches your keyboard's height profile. This will ensure that you minimize the potential for Wrist Extension and ensure that the support is neither too high nor too low for the keyboard.
- Avoid using the Universal Forearm Support with non-standard keyboards. If your keyboard has a curved front edge, or has integrated palm supports, you will likely find that you have to reach too far forward to access the keys, creating tension in the muscles of the back, shoulders and neck. Attempting to use the Universal Forearm Support with a non-standard keyboard risks recreating one of the problems the product was designed to address.
- Use the front mounting position. The Universal Forearm Support can be mounted in two positions. The majority of users would benefit from having the support mounted fully over the edge of the desk (i.e. with very little overhang.) This position provides the greatest stability and allows the user to be positioned as close as possible to the desk.
- Use the Universal Forearm Support as intended. Do not attempt to brace yourself against the support to lift yourself out of your chair.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|410395|| Universal SLIMLINE Forearm Support PRO, 0.43" Thick|
|410390|| Universal Forearm Support, 0.79" Thick|