| Accessories |
The BLUELINE Joystick from Pretorian is a technology-access device that connects via Bluetooth to any Apple devices with iOS13.4.1 onwards, Android devices, or other computing devices that have Bluetooth support, either internally or via an add-on bluetooth receiver dongle. The USB-rechargeable battery can provide up to 15 hours of continuous use. The BLUELINE Joystick is designed for those who may have limited hand control or strength, motor skill difficulties, poor hand-eye coordination, and lack of manual dexterity and offers excellent cursor control as well as up to 5 programmable button functions (3 on-board, 2 optional external). This functionality is packaged in a sturdy housing designed to survive under heavy use. The three on-board activation buttons are coloured and recessed to help guide the fingers into position. The symmetrical design makes this joystick suited for use with either hand by simply reprogramming the on-board switch configuration with the raised body providing support for the wrist.
The design of the BLUELINE Joystick offers precision control and requires minimal hand movement and just 0.5 Newtons of force to initiate cursor movement. The cursor moves very slowly when the joystick is minimally displaced from centre, permitting extremely accurate cursor positioning. As the displacement is increased the cursor accelerates to the chosen maximum speed (4 settings available). The adjustable maximum cursor speed also lets the BLUELINE Joystick be configured to serve the needs of those who may have limitations related to fine motor control, with the lowest cursor speed offering a greater level of control in that application. The joystick ships with the standard joystick, a T-Bar handle, or a soft-grip ball for configuration to meet personal requirements.
Three on-board buttons provide basic functions (primary functions vary with device) but are also custom programmable to perform a wide range of optional functions. The middle button is a lighter shade than the left and right buttons for easier identification. Dual mini-phono jacks also permit the attachment of external switches that can also be programmed. Available commands include Left Click, Right Click, Middle Click, Drag, Double Click, Delayed Drag, Swipe Left, and Swipe Right. Additional features and customization are also available. For full details on the available functions, customization of commands, and setup of the BLUELINE Joystick please read the User Manual.
Reduces Strain on Arm, Elbow and Shoulder Muscles
- The BLUELINE Joystick is a stationary mousing device. Moving the joystick with the hand or fingers moves the cursor on the screen but the device itself does not move. Limiting the repetitive movements of the arm and shoulder can greatly reduce the potential for injury and inflammation in these muscle groups. Many who can benefit from the BLUELINE Joystick features already have issues in these areas so any reduction of the amount or degree of movement is of benefit. The design also permits individuals to keep the elbow, wrist and hand in a straight line, and to limit ulnar and radial deviation. Learn More About Ulnar Deviation.
Reduces Strain on the Hand, Wrist and Arm
- The BLUELINE Joysticks requires just 0.5 Newtons of force to activate the cursor. The three control surface options (Joystick, T-Bar, and Ball) mean that the BLUELINE Joystick can be effective in countering any tendency there may be to grip the pointing device too hard. This often-inadvertent static grip can cause pain and injury to the muscles and soft tissues in the back of the hand and in the wrist and forearm. The three options also ensure that those with strength and grip issues can equip the BLUELINE Joystick with a grip that is best suited to their needs. Learn More About Static Grip Force.
Assists in Button Access
- The BLUELINE Joystick offers inset buttons surrounding the central "stick". This design assists individuals with limited motor control in targeting the buttons as well as having the accompanying effect of reducing the risk of accidental button activation.
Programmable Drag Lock Feature Can Reduce Finger Fatigue
- One of the available programmable functions is Drag Lock which can be applied to any of the on-board buttons or to a switch attached to one of the external ports. This eliminates the need to hold down the button while dragging the selected item on the computer screen. This greatly simplifies using applications that require significant click-and-drag actions.
Enables Load Balancing Between Left and Right Hands
- For individuals who are able to take advantage of the ambidextrous design the BLUELINE Joystick can be configured for either Right- or Left-handed use. This can require custom programming which may need to be completed by another individual.
- Bluetooth Wireless Convenience: The BLUELINE Joystick connects via Bluetooth to any Apple devices with iOS13.4.1 onwards, Android devices, or other computing devices that have Bluetooth support, either internally or via an add-on bluetooth receiver dongle.
- Rechargeable: The BLUELINE is equipped with a rechargeable battery that can provide up to 15 hours of continuous use. Recharging a completely dead battery takes about 3 hours. The LED flashes red every few seconds to notify when it is time to recharge. Connecting to any USB power source will put the joystick into charge mode. The LED will glow green until the joystick is fully charged, then turn off. The joystick can continue to be used while charging.
- Energy Saving Sleep Mode: The BLUELINE Joystick is designed to automatically go to sleep after about 20 minutes of inactivity. However, this can also be accomplished manually. Pressing a button will "wake" the BLUELINE and there is also an option to configure that function to movement of the joystick.
- Ergonomic Design: Pretorian products are designed with the functional requirements or limitations in mind, providing appropriate button positioning, ease of control and necessary hand support for all-round ergonomic benefit.
- Light-Touch Joystick: The joystick on the BLUELINE Trackball requires just 0.5 Newtons of force for movement, making it idea for those with strength and mobility limitations. While individuals who experience tremors or muscle spasms or who have more aggressive movements may be able to use the BLUELINE with some degree of success they may experience greater control using the JAZZ Joystick or the n-ABLER PRO Joystick, both of which offer features designed to improve access in these situations.
- Cursor Speed Control: The BLUELINE Joystick offers 4 cursor speed settings that can be accessed multiple ways and changed as needed to meet individuals' cursor control requirements. An audible alert indicates both when the speed setting function is activated as well as the current speed setting.
- Easy Action, Soft-Start Cursor Control: The joystick on the BLUELINE Joystick requires just 0.5 Newtons of force. Minor displacement of the joystick will move the cursor very slowly, with speed increasing to the maximum as the joystick is moved further off-centre.
- Rugged Construction: Pretorian products are designed with the expectation that they may be subjected to less than ideal conditions. As a result their construction is intended to accept this type of usage without failure.
- High Visibility Controls: The BLUELINE Joystick features large coloured high-contrast buttons and control handles that act as visual aids to assist those who have vision or comprehension difficulties.
- Assisted Access Buttons: All buttons are recessed into the housing to prevent accidental activation. This positioning also serves as an aid to guide fingers directly to the buttons. This feature, combined with the wide positioning between buttons, greatly reduces the potential for accidental activation.
- Large Footprint for Maximum Stability: All Pretorian products are designed to ensure stability. The large footprint of the housing ensures that the devices are not easily knocked off of the surface on which they are situated.
- Symmetrical Design: The housing of the BLUELINE Joystick easily accommodates use on either the left or right side. As the buttons are all programmable commands can be assigned or reassigned as necessary.
- Integrated Wrist Support: The BLUELINE offers a large surface on which to rest the heel of the hand. This means that the wrist can be maintained in a neutral position, reducing the risk of wrist extension and also permitting the wrist to relax and rest.
- External Switch Support: Two 1/8" mini phono plug sockets provide for the attachment of two additional switches that can be programmed to add perform a broad range of functions, enhancing the capabilities of the BLUELINE Joystick.
Check out our selection of switches.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
BLUELINE Joystick with T-Bar
BLUELINE Joystick with Soft Ball
BLUELINE Joystick - Dual External Switch Ports
BLUELINE Joystick - Charging Cable Port
BLUELINE Joystick - Top View
BLUELINE Joystick - Package Contents
- BLUELINE Joystick User Manual: PDF
- Case Dimensions:
Width: 4" (10.2 cm)
Depth (front to back): 7.1" (18.0 cm)
- (front of casing): 1.0" (2.6 cm)
- Height (rear of casing): 2.4" (6.2 cm)
- Overall Height with Optional Controls:
Joystick: 4.2" (10.7
Ball: 5.7" (14.5 cm)
T-Bar: 4.5" (11.4 cm)
- Elevation of Controls (from casing to top):
Joystick: 2.1" (5.4 cm)
T-Bar: 2.5" (6.3 cm)
Ball: 3.5" (9.0 cm)
- Control Dimensions:
Joystick diameter: 0.7" (1.8 cm)
Ball: 2.4" (6.2 cm)
T-Bar: Width - 2.3" (5.9 cm), Depth - 0.7" (1.7 cm)
- Diameter of Buttons: 0.7" (1.8 cm)
- Weight (base unit only): 13.5 oz (384 g)
Left Button: Dark Blue
Middle Button: Light Blue
Right Button: Dark Blue
- Interface: Bluetooth Wireless (requires compatible Bluetooth device)
- Compatibility: The BLUELINE Joystick works with any computing device that has built-in Bluetooth, or that may be fitted with a Bluetooth dongle, and supports mouse connectivity. In the case of Apple tablets and phones, the device must have iOS13, iPadOS13 or later installed to make use of its AssistiveTouch mouse support. These versions of iOS cannot be installed on some older devices
- Warranty: 2 years. For use in domestic, educational, commercial, and light industrial applications. Use in other applications voids the warranty.
- Package Contents: Blueline Joystick, T-Bar and Ball Grips, USB Charging Cord, User Guide
- Using a joystick is a natural and intuitive movement for most individuals as the cursor moves in response to the direction the joystick is moved. With the Soft-Start cursor movement the cursor will not "jump" quickly and direction can easily be changed before moving too far in the wrong direction.
- Select the Control Handle that best meets your needs. Some will prefer the full grip of the Ball to optimize their control and comfort while others will prefer the traditional Joystick or T-Bar handles. The handle which provides the greatest level of control is most probably the best option as it will generally also generate the least amount of stress.
- Take Regular Breaks: If you find that you are experiencing discomfort in your fingers or hand, especially in the learning stages - that is a good sign that you may want to take a break, switch to a different device, or swap to the other hand. As with any device, make an effort to regularly change your usage, take breaks, and perform stretches. Sometimes the fingers can benefit from occasionally flexing through a full range of movement, both extending and contracting them fully.
- Recharge as Necessary: The BLUELINE LED will flash red every few seconds when charging is required. Simply connect the charging cord to a USB power supply and in about 3 hours the battery should be fully charge. When charging the LED turns Green, then turns off when a full charge is achieved.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|BLULN|| BLUELINE Joystick|