| Additional Resources Accessories |
The ARMazing Memory Foam Arm Pads from Prestige International provide additional elevation, cushioning, and comfort to the arm of office chairs with open arm supports. The pads provide firm cushioning support for the forearms and elbows but easily adapt to the unique arm contours of any user. The upper layer of body-contouring memory foam serves to reduce pressure points which may lead to pain and injury. Reducing or eliminating potential pressure points can aid in maintaining appropriate blood flow and prevent associated aches and muscle cramps. The extra cushioning provided by the ARMazing Pads can also reduce the risk of compression and pinching of the nerves running through the elbow.
ARMazing Memory Foam Arm Pads feature an elasticized cover which adapts to fit virtually all open (i.e. not a closed loop) chair arms from 6" - 11" long. The pads are packaged as a set of 2 per box.
Note: Due to the nature of this product we cannot offer our 30 Day Customer Satisfaction Guarantee.
Reduces Potential for Pressure Points
- The ARMazing Pads serve to cushion the arm and elbow against potential pressure points. Users may find common office chair armrests too firm and can experience discomfort along the edges of the armrests or on the underside of their elbows. Pressure points which restrict blood flow or exert pressure against nerves can lead to aches, muscle cramps, and nerve pain. These points of discomfort are removed by introducing the cushioning effects of the ARMazing Pads, reducing the potential for these complications to develop or continue.
Potential Improvement of Circulation
- As discussed above, pressure points can reduce blood flow through the arms and hands. By employing appropriate cushioning which reduces or eliminates these potential points, users may experience a reduction of symptoms related to reduced blood flow - cramps, aches, cold hands. Improving circulation to the hands can reduce fatigue because the blood is now able to freely flush toxins from cells and refresh them with necessary nutrients for good cell rejuvenation.
Can Reduce Static Load on Neck and Shoulders
- Armrests which are too hard or too low can result in users trying to "hold" their arm and shoulder in a position which creates ongoing static tension in their shoulders and neck. Having a suitable degree of cushioned support positioned at appropriate height will enable them to rest their forearms on the arm supports without fear of pain and discomfort from pressure points, also reducing the load borne by the shoulder joint itself. Relying on the armrests to bear the load of their arms will free them to let the muscles of the shoulder and neck to relax, eliminating the tension which can result in reduced circulation, tight muscles, pinched nerves, etc.
Contour to Elbow and Arms
- The upper layer of memory foam shapes to natural body curves and does not create extra-resistance for arms and elbows when performing repetitive movements.
Provide Extra Comfort and Support
- Pads allow the user to rest the forearms while working at a computer and potentially reduce overall body stress.
Help to Maximize the Benefits of Proper Ergonomics
- Using ARMazing Memory Foam Arm Pads at the proper height encourages correct posture and help individuals with Lateral Epicondylitis
and Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
: It is critical to ensure that the chair has adjustable arm supports to provide the proper height after application of ARMazing Memory Foam Arm Pads, permitting a relaxed position of the shoulders without forcing the user into a "hunched" position.
- Universal Fit: ARMazing Memory Foam Arm Pads will fit the majority of adjustable height armrests available on common office chairs. The elasticized cover adjusts to accommodate rests varying between 6" and 11" in length.
- Customizable: ARMazing Pads include a removable 0.75" thick layer of high density foam so users can customize the level of cushioning.
- Snug Fit and Sleek Design: Memory foam structure and shape of pads provide a "built-in" look for the chair.
- Portable Design: ARMazing Memory Foam Arm Pads can be easily attached and removed. This can be of benefit to users who work at multiple stations as they can easily carry the armrests between desks.
- Dual Foam Construction: The core of the ARMazing Memory Foam Arm Pads is comprised of two layers of foam. The upper layer is a 0.75" thick non-removable Memory Foam pad which serves as the weight dispersing agent which makes these armrests so successful at eliminating pressure points. The lower layer is formed of high density foam which operates as a foundation for the memory foam and also offers a greater level of cushioning. This layer is removable—meaning that users can configure the ARMazing Memory Foam Arm Rests for their comfort.
- Cushioning Effect: ARMazing Memory Foam Arm Pads may initially seem firmer than gel pads. However, memory foam is known for its ability to contour to the shape of the body as it warms from contact, providing pressure dispersion over the entire contact surface. The wide dispersion is what gives memory foam superior cushioning capabilities and makes it so effective at reducing pressure points. Gel pads disperse weight from the primary point of contact and provide a "floating" sensation do to the liquid nature of the gel core but are, in effect, actually firmer than memory foam.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
ARMazing Memory Foam Arm Pads
- Compatible Chair Arm Length: Minimum: 6" (15.2 cm); Maximum: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Compatible Chair Arm Width: Maximum: 4" (10.16 cm)
- Colour: Black
- Attachment Method: Elasticized fabric cover stretches to accommodate existing chair arm pads
- Outer Material: Smooth Fabric with elasticized opening for attachment to arm rests.
- Inner Material: Memory foam (.75" thick) with additional removable 0.75" thick high density foam underlay.
- Package Contents: One Pair (2) ARMazing Pads
- Warranty: 2 years
- Position your arm rests at a height low enough to permit you to let your shoulders and neck relax. This will reduce tension in the neck and shoulders from "hunching" to keep them in position. At the same time, do not position them too low as this leaves the weight of the arm "hanging" from the shoulder which will put a continuous strain on the shoulder.
- When using the ARMazing Pads you want the arm to be able to rest "into" the foam as it softens and contours to the shape of the elbow and forearm. Accommodate this by raising the armrests high enough to permit the ARMazing pads to perform their purpose of providing cushioning and support.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|4958|| ARMazing Memory Foam Arm Pads. Box contains a pair of arm pads.|