| Additional Resources Accessories
The Positiv Plus Ergonomic Office Chairs from Posturite feature extensive adjustment options, ensuring they can meet the needs of a wide range of individuals. The foundation of the Positiv Plus is a high quality heavy steel knee-tilt seat mechanism which provides easy access to seat height, back angle, back tension, back lock, and seat depth adjustments. The cushioned armrests offer easy tool-free width adjustment as well as simple height and depth adjustments. Both the seat and back feature high quality fabric upholstery over a firm, supportive foam base. The Positiv Plus backrests have over 3" of height adjustment (lockable at 9 positions) and are equipped with an inflatable lumbar panel so lumbar support can be adjusted to meet personal preferences.
Positiv Plus chairs are designed for functionality and longevity. Combined with heavy-duty robust construction, a classic design, simple operation and adjustment options to meet the requirements of most individuals, the Positiv Plus Ergonomic Office Chairs can offer years of worry-free comfort.
Can Help to Improve Overall Health
- The conventional seated position (i.e. 90º bend) restricts both blood and fluid flows through the internal organs. The Positiv Plus facilitates opening that bend up to 115°. Regular employment of this feature can benefit the internal operations of the body by reducing potential restrictions in the digestive tract and permitting the diaphragm to move more freely which in turn can significantly increase cardiovascular activity.
Can Reduce Neck and Shoulder Issues
- The Positiv Plus features 3-D armrests with adjustments in width, depth, and height. These adjustments enable each person to position the armrests to offer support where it will provide the greatest benefit, while they remain easily adjustable should changes in tasks warrant. Adjusting the armrests as needed ensures that the shoulder joints are not overloaded and that the muscles of the shoulders and neck are not overstrained. A side benefit of this can be a reduction to the risk of development of muscle tension which can lead to performance-reducing or potentially debilitating headaches.
Can Increase Mental Alertness
- The movement facilitated by the Positiv Plus can naturally increase cardiovascular activity. This moves more oxygen to the brain and can contribute to a greater degree of mental alertness. A side effect of this may be an increase in productivity as workers find themselves able to remain alert and focused for more extended periods.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- The Positiv Plus offers the options of permitting the back rest to move freely throughout the entire range or being locked at 90° or two additional angles. The well-cushioned back provides primary lumbar support and can be adjusted to 9 increments over a 3" range. An inflatable lumbar bladder permits further customization of the lumbar pressure.
Encourages Core Muscle Toning
- Permitting the back rest on the Positiv Plus to move freely can encourage the toning of muscle. By regularly employing the range of movement offered, these muscles can be engaged to a much greater degree when compared to static sitting. This can either be accomplished on a consistent basis throughout the workday through the small adjustments made when shifting between tasks or on a more pro-active basis by making a point to regularly lean back through the full range of movement, even doing so several times in a row. This will also have the added benefit of encouraging cardiovascular activity with the associated improvement in overall alertness. Setting the tilt tension at the maximum resistance will provide the most benefit for this purpose.
Can Reduce General Fatigue
- Movement is key to ensuring that worker fatigue is controlled. Static sitting at a workstation reduces blood flow and encourages shallow breathing. Combined, these result in a reduction in oxygen to both the brain and body tissue, contributing to overall fatigue. When in the unlocked mode the Positiv Plus encourages movement by permitting the chair to naturally follow the movements of the body rather than forcing it into a static position.
Encourages Active Movement
- The range of movement offered by the Positiv Plus encourages regular movement which keeps lubricating fluid moving through joints, reducing or eliminating stiffness, and also actively stretches muscles which can become shortened from extended static sitting.
Can Reduce Risk of Circulation Restriction in Lower Legs
- The "waterfall front" and over 3" range of depth adjustment on the seatpan combine to ensure that individuals are able to receive appropriate support without the risk of circulation restriction from pressure against the back of the knees.
Encourages Correct Posture at Workstation
- Seat height is easily adjusted by a simple rotation of the release lever. This encourages individuals to set their seat to a height appropriate to their build, optimizing their posture at their workstation.
- High Back for Support: Both the standard and executive models of the Positiv Plus offer excellent back support. Of course the Executive model has a higher back rest but even the standard model provides support up to 24" above the seat.
- Knee-Tilt Movement: The Positiv Plus features a knee-tilt mechanism that facilitates a more comfortable tilting movement when the chair is unlocked.
- Well-Cushioned: Both the seat and backrest on the Positiv Plus are well-cushioned to provide comfort combined with firm support.
- Free Moving Back Rest: The back rest on the Positiv Plus can be left unlocked to angle to provide an opening angle of anywhere between 90° and approximately 115°. This offers a wide range of movement to those who wish to be more active throughout the day.
- Back Rest Lock Option: Back rest angle can be locked to either the traditional upright position when working on projects that require a more fixed and focused position, or 2 different "semi-reclined" angles.
- Adjustable Lumbar Support: The Positiv Plus has height-adjustable backrest that offers over 3" of vertical range. An inflatable bladder lets individuals customize the pressure level of the lumbar support can be adjusted using the knob on the back of the chair.
- Depth Adjustable Seat: The Positiv Plus features a sliding seatpan that offers a full 3.4" range of depth adjustment (from 17.3" to 20.7") able to accommodate the seat-depth requirements of a wide range of individuals.
- "Waterfall Front" Seatpan: Positiv Plus chairs are equipped with a "waterfall" front to reduce the risk of unnecessary pressure being exerted against the back of the thighs, especially when using the tilting feature. Seat pad depth must be taken into consideration and adjusted accordingly (see User Tips below).
- 3-D Armrests: The Positiv Plus features 3-D Armrests that are adjustable for height, width (from the inner edge of the left armrest to the inner edge of the right armrest), and depth (forward and backward). See "Specifications" below for detailed range of movement.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)
Posturite Positiv Plus Medium Back Task Chair - Front View
Posturite Positiv Plus Medium Back Task Chair - Side View
Posturite Positiv Plus Medium Back Task Chair - Profile View
Positiv Plus High Back Executive Chair with Headrest - Profile View
Positiv Plus High Back Executive Chair with Headrest - Front View
Positiv Plus High Back Executive Chair with Headrest - Rear Profile View
- Seat Width: 19.7" (500 cm)
- Seat Depth: 18" (45.7 cm)
- Seat Pan Depth Adjustment Range:
17.3" - 20.7" (44 - 52.5 cm) - From back to front edge
Adjustment Mechanism: Large hand operated pull-and-turn knob.
- Seat Height Adjustment Range:
18.9" - 24" (48 - 61 cm)
Adjustment Mechanism: Hand operated flip lever.
- Back Width: 17" (43.2 cm) at widest point
- Back Height:
Task (medium back) Model: 22" (55.9 cm)
Executive (high back) Model: 26" (66 cm)
- Back Height Adjustment Range:
Task (Medium Back) Model: 19.3 - 22.4" (49 - 57 cm) range - top of back to top of seat.
Executive (High Back) Model: 24" - 27.2"(61 - 69 cm)
Increments (Locking): 9
Adjustment Mechanism: Hand operated push lever.
- Air Bladder Lumbar Support:
Adjustment Mechanism: Squeeze Bulb with Quick Release
- Headrest (Executive Model Only):
Height Adjustment Range: 1.4" (3.5 cm)
- Armrest Dimensions:
Width: 3.5 (8.9 cm)
Depth: 9.75 (24.8 cm)
- Armrest Vertical Adjustment Range:
6" - 9" (15.2 - 22.9 cm) above seat cushion
Adjustment Mechanism: Easy pull lock release.
- Armrest Width Adjustment:
17" - 20.75" (43.2 - 52.7 cm) range between armrests
Adjustment Mechanism: Hand operated camlock.
- Armrest Depth Adjustment:
2.75" (7 cm) range
Adjustment Mechanism: Hand operated squeeze lock.
- Tilt Mechanism:
- Casters: 60 mm, Hard - for carpeted floors.
- Weight Rating: 264 lbs (120 kg)
- Base: Black Nylon
- Upholstery: Black "Phoenix" Fabric
5 year on structural parts.
2 year on moving parts and fabric.
1 year for 24 hour use.
- Package Contents: Positiv Plus Chair, 2 x Allen Keys, Assembly Instructions
- Assembly Time: 15 minutes - 1 person
- Tools Required: 2 Allen Keys (included)
- Adjust the armrests to match your build. The 3-D armrests on the Positiv Plus can be adjusted in height, width and depth to provide support when your shoulders are relaxed and your arms are hanging at your sides.
- Adjust the back rest height to position the lumbar curve where it provides the greatest degree of support and comfort. You want the support to be positioned centrally in the curve of your back. When adjusting the pressure in the inflatable bladder you want to have a degree of firmness but should not feel that the lumbar support is pressing into your back.
- Experiment with back angles and try the chair with the back rest both locked and unlocked. You may want to vary the settings to accommodate different types of work or make adjustments throughout the day.
- Adjust the seat/backrest tilt tension to what is comfortable for you. Lighter individuals will most likely prefer a lower level while heavier individuals may find a higher degree of resistance better suits their requirements.
- Ensure that the seat pan is correctly adjusted to match your body. When comfortably seated with your back resting against the backrest you want to have 1-2 finger widths between the back of your knees and the front of the seatpan. Too little space may restrict circulation; too much space will not provide the optimum support.
- Set the height of the Positiv Plus chair correctly. Aim for an elevation that lets your elbows open slightly more than 90° when your hands are resting on the keyboard or mouse. If the chair is too low the angle between your legs and torso will be less than 90°. Make sure the seat is high enough to create a 90° angle at the hips. Note: You might also need to raise the height of the keyboard and mousing surfaces accordingly. If the greater elevation results in your feet being unable to rest flat against the floor you should consider adding a footrest to your workstation.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.
| Posturite Positiv Plus Medium Back Task Chair, Black
| Posturite Positiv Plus High Back Executive Chair, Headrest, Black