| Additional Resources Accessories |
The DocuRite Multi-Position Document Holder and Writing Slope from Posturite combines the functions of an inline document holder and writing surface. It is placed centrally, directly in front of the user between the keyboard and monitor. The large surface (19.5" W x 12" D) provides plenty of space on which to store documents for easy access and notation. A lever-operated eccentric cam system lets the angle be increased by elevating the rear to three different heights. In addition a "stepped" front edge accommodates 4 levels of cantilever over the front edge of the desk for locations where a keyboard tray is in use. This offers further options for increasing the angle of the document surface as well as permitting the writing surface to be drawn almost three inches closer.
The DocuRite is made of 5mm thick acrylic which creates a firm writing surface with a frosted finish that ensures potential for glare is reduced. The lightweight construction also means the DocuRite can be easily repositioned as needed. A padded wrist rest doubles as a document ledge.
If overreaching is a concern the MultiRite, also from Posturite, permits the entire writing surface to be drawn forward over the keyboard, positioning the materials directly in front of the user and providing support for the hand and arm when writing, thereby reducing the strain on the shoulder.
Reduces Strain on the Neck Muscles
- The Multi-Position Document Holder and Writing Slope positions documents directly in front of the user. This positioning eliminates the need for users to repeatedly turn their head as they turn to view reference materials or to make notations. This greatly reduces the risk of inflammation in the soft tissues or of damage occurring to the neck from the repetitive rotation.
Can Reduce Strain on the Shoulder and Back Muscles
- The DocuRite Multi-Position Document Holder and Writing Slope allows users to effortlessly draw the writing surface forward over the keyboard. This eliminates the need to reach forward over the keyboard when handwriting and can greatly reduce the load on the shoulders. In addition, users no longer need to lean forward to reach their materials and are able to maintain a correct upright posture, reducing the strain that is put on the muscles of the back when leaning too far forward. In situations where keyboard trays are employed the DocuRite can be cantilevered over 2 inches past the edge of the desk, bringing the documents and writing surface closer to the user.
Facilitates Easy Access to Work Area
- The DocuRite Multi-Position Document Holder and Writing Slope utilizes otherwise unproductive space between the monitor and keyboard, creating a centralized space for both reference and writing. This clears the desk surface to both sides of the keyboard, ensuring that keyboard, mouse and other regularly accessed devices are able to be positioned within the Comfort Zone. . Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
- Generous Work Surface: The large (19.5" W x 12" D) easel surface will accommodate virtually any size of reference or writing materials.
- Ability to Cantilever: The design of the DocuRite Multi-Position Document Holder and Writing Slope is such that under normal usage it is able to provide sufficient support for writing, even when cantilevered over the front of a desk. Most users should be able to comfortably rest the weight of their forearm without fear without fear of the FlexDesk tipping forward.
- Multi-Angle Writing Slope: A lever-operated eccentric cam offers three height positions for the rear of the DocuRite. As the rear height increases so does the angle. Utilizing the front 4-position stepped cantilever feature when using a keyboard tray offers 4 additional angle setting options.
- Low Profile Front Lip: A padded wrist pad across the bottom edge provides cushioning when writing and doubles as a document ledge to keep papers and documents in position.
- Sturdy Lightweight Construction: The 5 mm thick frosted acrylic construction presents a "clean" appearance in any office environment while also ensuring that the DocuRite is lightweight to facilitate easy movement.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
DocuRite Multi-Position Document Holder and Writing Slope
DocuRite - Lowers Over Front of Desk
DocuRite - Elevates From the Rear
DocuRite - Comfortable for Writing
- Dimensions (Overall):
Width: 19.5" (49.5 cm)
Depth: 13.4" (34 cm)
- Dimensions (Writing/Document Surface):
Width: 19.25" (48.9 cm)
Depth: 12" (30.5 cm)
- Maximum Keyboard Width (to fit below the DocuRite): 19.1" (48.5 cm)
- Height at Front: 1.8" (4.5 cm)
- Height at Rear:
Setting 1: 4.7" (12 cm)
Setting 2: 5.7" (14.5 cm)
Setting 3: 6.7" (17 cm)
- Front Clearance: 1.75" (4.4 cm)
- Weight: 3.3 lbs (1.5 kgs)
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Package Contents: DocuRite Multi-Position Document Holder and Writing Slope, User Guide
- When adding the DocuRite to your workstation you will want to ensure that your monitor is positioned high enough that you are able to see the bottom edge. At the lowest setting the top rear edge of the DocuRite is about 4.7" above the desk. As the writing surface angle is increased that height can increase to 6.7". If you are of shorter stature your line of sight to the bottom of your monitor(s) is at a shallower angle and this may require that you elevate your monitor in order to retain full view of the screen. If your monitor stand offers height adjustment that might be sufficient elevation. Otherwise you will need to consider adding monitor risers to increase the elevation as needed. A wide variety of monitor risers are available in height increments from 1" up to several inches high. The other possibility may be to consider a monitor arm which would permit the monitor to be easily positioned at any height as required. Taller users should not require as much elevation as their line of site is at a greater angle and they may be able to look down past the back edge of the DocuRite to view their screen. However, if the DocuRite is set to a higher angle setting even taller users will most likely need to increase their monitor elevation. Learn more about Correct Monitor Positioning.
Note: Users with multifocal lenses may find that raising the monitor is not an option as this can lead to RSI as a result of continuous neck extension. Neck tension and headaches are common problems which can occur as a result of this posture that can also have deleterious effects on the physical structure of the neck and upper back. In these cases alternative solutions for document placement should be considered, e.g. a slantboard or document holder positioned to one side of the user.
- Your workstation needs to provide sufficient depth and width to accommodate your DocuRite. The DocuRite should accommodate any standard keyboard up 19" in width. When using a full-width keyboard the mouse can simply be positioned just outside the base. If you are using a narrower "Compact" keyboard you may have difficulty positioning the mouse within close proximity to the keyboard and may need to consider an alternative solution (such as the Compact Model of the MultiRite with a narrower footprint which is intended for use with compact keyboards. With regards to depth, when the DocuRite is combined with an average keyboard positioned at the very front edge of the desk you will need, at the very minimum, 16.5" of depth. If you monitor is placed closer than that it will need to be moved further back on the desk.
- When writing more than a quick notation be sure to draw the DocuRite towards yourself over the keyboard. This will enable your arm to be in as neutral a position as possible, with your elbow close to your side and positioned roughly below your shoulder. Doing this will ensure that you are not overreaching outside your Comfort Zone by reaching past the keyboard when performing more extended writing. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
- If you are using the DocuRite on a workstation with a secondary keyboard worksurface or tray, the unit can be moved closer by taking advantage of the front stepped feet.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|982-0800|| DocuRite Multi-Position Document Holder and Writing Slope|