Page last updated: Fri, 11-Oct-2019 14:39:17
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
XKeys Professional (58 Key)by PI Engineering
| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
X-keys programmable keypads place anything from keyboard shortcuts to names and addresses at your fingertips. Instant recording of your typing turns multiple keystrokes into a single touch.58 keys create a custom keyboard that puts shortcuts for CAD, Photo Editing, or HTML Editing software at your fingertips.
Reduces finger strain
- X-keys devices replace multiple keystrokes with single keystrokes, so that less finger movement is necessary while working, especially for repetitive tasks. By creating these keying shortcuts, the workload on the fingers is reduced, and with it any associated stress to the hand, wrist or arm.
- Whether you are a graphic designer, an architect, a web manager, or a two-finger typist, proficiency in your software requires rapid input. Keyboard macros and hotkeys offer the shortest path to action, and the X-keys provides a clearly labeled, physical location for these complex or redundant functions so you don't have to think about them. The X-keys lets you focus on the project instead of the process.
- Perfect For...: Engineers, Artists and Graphic Designers, Non-Typists, Video Editors, HTML Coders, Internet Chat, Gamers, Programmers, and Data Entry
- Instantly Reprogrammable Keys: The clear keycaps snap off for applying and changing key legends. No residual files are left on the computer. The X-keys stores scan codes in its internal memory and may be programmed on one system and used on another.
- Use with your Regular Keyboard: The X-keys works with your regular keyboard to provide additional keys. It is simple to install and programs with just one switch.
- Like Speed Dial for your Computer: It is the perfect solution for frequently typed information like names, phone numbers, passwords and keyboard shortcuts.
- Included Clear Keycaps: Protect your legends and let you find your shortcuts and macros with a glance. Included precut legend sheets make it easy to hand inscribe labels for your keys.
- Quick, Easy, Intuitive Programming: Makes it easy to create your own custom function keys. Repeating key sequences, inserting pauses, and firing separate commands on press and release of a key are provided options.
- Programmable Keys: Add 114 programmable function keys to your keyboard (58 single keys with 2 layers of programming capability using one key to toggle).
- Software Mode vs Hardware Mode:
When programming your X-Keys device, it is extremely important to decide whether you wish to program in Software Mode or Hardware Mode. In Software Mode, all programming of the keys is stored in your computer
in MacroWorks files and requires MacroWorks II software. If you move your device to another computer without MacroWorks II installed, it will not work. You will need to install it again on another computer and either copy your original programmed file to that computer or reprogram the device. When programming in Software Mode, sliding the programming switch on the device to the 'on' position does not program the device in Hardware Mode but is part of programming in Software Mode.
If you wish to store your programmed keys in the device itself, you will need to program in Hardware Mode. This will ensure that your device can be used on other machines without having to install MacroWorks II or do any reprogramming. To do this, first determine what edition of X-Keys you have. There are two applications available on the manufacturer's website for converting an X-keys to Hardware Mode. X-keys Macro Recorder is compatible with X-keys devices with SE firmware or earlier, on Windows 2000 or XP (not Vista). X-keys Hardware Mode Programming Utility is compatible with X-keys devices with MWII firmware on Windows 2000, XP, or Vista.
Check the label on the back of your X-keys device. If it says “X-keys SE” or just “X-keys” it is compatible with Macro Recorder. If the label says “X-keys MWII”, it is compatible with the X-keys Hardware Mode Programming Utility.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
XKeys Professional (58 Key)
XKeys Professional (58 Key) - what's in the box
XKeys Professional (58 Key) - side and back profiles
- Width: 8.0" (20.3 cm)
- Depth (front-to-back): 9.0" (22.9 cm)
- Height: 1.0" (2.5 cm)
- Weight: 17.5 oz (496 grams)
- Cord length: USB:
52" (132.1 cm)
72" (182.9 cm)
- Keyswitch type: Mechanical (Cherry MX
- Number of keys: 58 single keys - with
second layer: 114
programmable keys (with one
key programmed to toggle)
- Number of layers: 2 layers, user selectable
toggle and/or shift keys
- Key pitch: 19 mm (removable clear
caps for easy labeling)
- Memory capacity (PS/2): Each key is allocated 3 characters and a pool of 900 additional keystrokes is available to any keys that require additional characters
- Memory capacity (Memory Resident Mode - USB only): Each key is allocated 3 characters and a pool of 1000 additional keystrokes is available to any keys that require additional characters
- Memory type: EEPROM, non volatile memory
(X-Keys retains memory for
over 200 years)
- Power supply: 5 V (D.C.) @ less than 15
mA (plus the power used by
the external keyboard for
- Compatibility - Hardware: USB: Any architecture supporting USB, including Sun, SGI, and HP workstations.
PS/2: Any architecture with AT or PS/2 keyboard port, using scan codes 2 or 3
- Compatibility - Software: USB models: Macro Works 3 (included) or ControllerMate for Mac OS-X (available for download here)
PS/2 model: No drivers or special applications required.
- Compatibility - Operating system: USB:
To program the keypad: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7; Mac OS X (USB only).
Once programmed, can be used with: Any OS supporting USB including Windows, Mac, Unix, and Sun (USB only)
None required (compatible with all software which accepts keyboard input)
- Interface: USB or PS/2
- Warranty: 1 year
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|XP-05-USB-R|| USB model|