Page last updated: Fri, 17-May-2019 15:20:47
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
X-Keys USB 3 Switch Interface Orby Bundleby PI Engineering
| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The X-Keys USB 3 Switch Interface Orby Bundle from PI Engineering is a complete solution for generating up to 3 custom commands, complex macros or long strings of data. Free downloadable software for PC, MAC, and Android operating systems enables users to quickly create and program custom commands and macros to the compact X-Keys USB 3 Switch Interface. The 3 Switch Interface requires software for programming but is self-reliant for operation. This means it can be programmed on one computer and transferred between computers as needed, providing an instant and easily portable customized control solution where needed.
The Orby Bundle includes a 3-way splitter cable as well as three highly visible (Red, Green & Yellow) 2.5" diameter Orby Switches for easily activated input control.
Users who require more than 3 controls may be interested in considering the X-KEYS USB 12 SWITCH INTERFACE which can be used to generate from 1 to 12 commands.
- The X-Keys USB 3 Switch interface can be used to generate multiple keystrokes or complex macro commands with the press of a single switch. This greatly reduces finger movement while working, especially for repetitive tasks. By creating these shortcuts, the workload on the fingers is reduced, and with it any associated stress to the hand, wrist or arm.
Low Force Activation
- The 3 Orby Switches included with the USB 3 Switch Interface Orby Bundle require just 100 grams of force for activation. This low force requirement means that even users with strength limitations can easily activate the actions pre-programmed into the USB 3 Switch Interface.
- Programmable Ports: The X-Keys USB 3 Switch Interface Orby Bundle includes a 3-way splitter cable that enables up to 3 switches to be connected to the interface. Keyboard shortcuts used by software can have a designated switch (copy, paste, save, open, close) - even complex macros can be recorded and activated with a single switch activation. Switches are easily set up to launch applications, open files, or type short lines of text like names, addresses, and account numbers.
- Easily Reprogrammed: The X-keys USB 3 Switch Interface can be quickly reprogrammed using one of the free software packages for Windows, MAC OSX and Android.
- Long Range Access: The X-Keys USB 3 Switch Interface can accept input from switches located up to 1,000 feet from the interface (the included Orby Switches have 60" cables but the length can easily be increased through the use of cable extensions). This makes it an ideal solution for remote computer control of interactive displays such as in museums.
- Quick, Easy, Intuitive Programming: Makes it easy to create custom function commands. Repeating key sequences, inserting pauses, and firing separate commands on press and release of a key are provided options.
- On-board Memory Programming with USB (Memory Resident Mode): With the X-keys' EEPROM non-volatile memory the X-keys can be programmed on one device and used on other devices, even other operating systems, without reprogramming.
- Complete Solution for Up to 3 Commands, Macros or Data Strings: With the included 3-Way Splitter cable and 3 Orby Switches the X-Keys 3 Switch Interface Orby Bundle is ready for use as soon as it is programmed. The small "flash drive" design of the interface and the compact size of the buttons means this can be pre-programmed and deployed in a just minutes wherever a customized control system is required.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
X-Keys USB 3 Switch Interface Orby Bundle
X-Keys USB 3 Switch Interface
Orby Switches Included
3-Way Splitter Cable
- X-Keys USB 3 Switch Interface Specs:
Width: 0.75" (19 mm)
Depth: (front to back) | 2.8" (71 mm)
Height: 0.5" (13 mm)
Weight: 0.8 oz (23 grams)
Number of Inputs: 1 jack (3.5 mm) on 3 Switch Interface - 3 inputs using included 3-way splitter cable
Memory Capacity: Approximately 1000 keystrokes or commands
Memory Type: EEPROM, non volatile memory (X-Keys retains memory for over 200 years)
Power Source: 5 V (D.C.) @ less than 21 mA
Wiring Distance: Up to 1,000 feet (300 m) from Switch to Port
Compatibility: Programming the Switch Interface requires one of the following free downloadable software packages:
Operation: Once the switch interface has been programmed any OS supporting USB including Unix, Sun, and Mac OS X.
- To Computer: USB 1.1 (compatible through USB 3.0)
- To Switches: 3.5mm stereo (accepts 3.5mm mono or stereo plug)
Warranty: 1 year
- Orby Switch Specs:
Diameter: 2.5" (6.4 cm)
Height: 0.87" (2.2 cm)
Weight: 2.75 oz (80 grams)
Activation Force: 3.5 oz (100 grams)
Switch Travel: Activation - 0.02" (0.5 mm), Full Travel - 0.05" (1.3 mm)
Switch Type: Audible, tactile
Compatibility: Switch enabled devices or switch interfaces which accept the standard 1/8" or 3.5 mm mini-phone plug and require momentary contact.
Interface: 0.125" (3.5 mm) mini-phone plug
Cord Length: 60" (1.5 metres)
- Non-Slip Pad: 0.0625" (1.6 mm) thick
- Threaded Inserts (brass): 2 x #6-32
- Insert Spacing: 1.1" (28 mm)O.C. - (centered on switch body)
Warranty: 2 Years, Manufacturer Direct
- Package Contents: X-Keys USB 12 Switch Interface, 3 Orby Switches(Red, Green & Yellow), 3-Way Splitter Cable, Instructions
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|XK-1443-OYRG-BU|| X-Keys USB 3 Switch Interface Orby Bundle|