| Additional Resources Usage Tips |
The X-Keys USB 12 Switch Interface from PI Engineering is the ideal solution where a high number of commands, complex macros or long strings of data need to be entered by a single action. Equipped with 6 input ports this interface can accommodate up to 12 switches with the use of optional splitter cables. With the ability to accept input from switches located up to 1000 feet from the interface module this can be used to activate commands from multiple remote locations, such as in interactive kiosks at museums. The interface memory can retain approximately 1000 keystrokes or commands and is easily reprogrammed using free software for PC, MAC or Android systems.
- X-keys devices replace multiple keystrokes with single keystrokes, so that less finger movement is necessary while working, especially for repetitive tasks. By creating these keying shortcuts, the workload on the fingers is reduced, and with it any associated stress to the hand, wrist or arm.
- Programmable Ports: Connect up to 12 switches (6 directly or up to 12 using optional splitter cables) to the X-keys USB 12 Switch Interface and program each switch with a function. Any keyboard shortcut your software uses can have a designated switch (copy, paste, save, open, close), even complex macros can be recorded and activated with a single switch activation. Switches are easily set up to launch applications, open files, or type short lines of text like names, addresses, and account numbers. Switches are connected via Assistive Technology standard 3mm (1/8”) phone plugs.
- Easily Reprogrammed: The X-keys USB 12 Switch Interface can be quickly reprogrammed using downloadable software packages (Windows, MAC, Android).
- Long Range Access: The X-Keys USB 12 Switch Interface can accept input from switches located up to 1,000 feet from the interface. This makes it an ideal solution for remote computer control of interactive displays such as in museums.
- Like Speed Dial For Your Computer: It is the perfect solution for frequently typed information like names, phone numbers, passwords and keyboard shortcuts. Once programmed a simple touch of a switch completes the entire entry.
- Quick, Easy, Intuitive Programming: Makes it easy to create your own custom function commands. Repeating key sequences, inserting pauses, and firing separate commands on press and release of a key are provided options.
- On-board Memory Programming with USB (Memory Resident Mode): With the X-keys' EEPROM non-volatile memory you can program your X-keys on one device and use it on other devices, even other operating systems, without reprogramming.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
X-Keys USB 12 Switch Interface
X-Keys USB 12 Switch Interface Supports Standard Assistive Switches
X-Keys USB 12 Switch Interface - Compact Size - Showing 3 Ports
X-Keys USB 12 Switch Interface - Front View
X-Keys USB 12 Switch Interface - Package Contents
X-Keys USB 12 Switch Interface - Optional Splitter Cable
- Width: 2.5" (6.4 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 3.5" (8.9 cm) - Includes 0.5" mounting flanges
- Height: 1" (2.5 cm)
- Weight: 6.8 oz (210 grams)
- Cord Length: 92" (2.3 m)
- Number of Inputs: 6 mono jacks (3.5 mm) (can be doubled to support 12 switches with use of optional splitter cables)
- Memory Capacity: Approximately 1000 keystrokes or commands
- Memory Type: EEPROM, non volatile memory(X-Keys retains memory forover 200 years)
- Power Source: 5 V (D.C.) @ less than21 mA
- Mounting: Two 0.19” DIA mounting holes, 3” O.C. (4.8mm DIA, 76mm O.C.)
- Wiring Distance: Up to 1000 feet (300 m) from Switch to Port
To Computer: USB.
To Switches: 3.5mm stereo (accepts 3.5mm mono or stereo plug)
- Compatibility - Programming Software:
Windows (XP - 11): Macro Works 3.1 (free download available)
Mac: Keyboard Maestro (available from software developer)
Android : X-Keys Android Mac: (free download available)
- OS Compatibility:
Use: Any OS via USB HID
- Windows: XP through 11
- Mac: OS 10.14 - Mac OS 13
- Warranty: 1 year
- Package Contents: X-Keys USB Switch Interface, Instruction Guide.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|XK-1202-UHS12-R|| XKeys USB Switch Interface|
|XK-A-1182-35Y-R|| PI Engineering Left-Right Splitter, (turns one port on the X-keys USB 12 Switch Interface into two ports.)|
|XK-A-1221-R|| Orby Switch, Green, 2.5" diameter|