Page last updated: Fri, 17-May-2019 15:20:41
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Rockstick2 Mouseby Microtouch
| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The Rockstick2 Mouse retains all of the benefits and functionality of the original Rockstick Mouse but introduces a new design and added capabilities. As with the original Rockstick Mouse, the Rockstick2 addresses one of the most repetitive activities of computer use--generating mouse clicks. Rather than using one or two fingers to click a button, the user simply rocks the body of the mouse, tilting it slightly to the left or right to generate a click. The strenth of the entire hand can be used to generate the click, rather than the much more limited strength of the index or middle fingers. This makes the Rockstick Mouse2 a potentially good alternative for individuals with trigger finger or arthritis, or for anyone who has difficulty clicking the buttons on a conventional mouse.
The new design is also ambidextrous, enabling both left- and right-handed users to experience the benefits. The scroll wheel is located on the inside of the mouse, where it can be accessed easily by the thumb. This newest model also features variable DPI and a flange to keep the little finger clear of the worksurface. Two size options (Small/Medium and Large) are available.
Note: The wired version of the Rockstick Mouse2 has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Reduces Finger Fatigue
- By transferring the clicking action which is traditionally performed by the fingers to a slight rotation of the forearm and hand, the Rockstick2 Mouse permits muscles and tendons of the hand and fingers to rest. For users already experiencing RSI this should aid in the reduction of associated inflammation and for those not currently experiencing issues it will reduce the risk of developing finger-related RSI.
Reduces Forearm Pronation
- The Rockstick2 Mouse virtually eliminates the usual pronated
position so familiar in conventional mousing products by rotating the hand to approximately 60° from the horizontal, a more natural and relaxed position. Removing the forced rotation of the forearm into the downward-facing position permits the muscles and tendons of the forearm to relax, increasing bloodflow and reducing the risk of developing RSI issues related to the traditional pronated positioning.
Eliminates Wrist Extension
- The Rockstick2 positions the wrist in a neutral alignment and eliminates wrist extension. Activation of clicks can now occur without any flexing of the wrist. This significantly reduces the risk of pinching the nerves and reducing bloodflow to the muscles and tissues of the hand, both of which are associated with the development of serious RSI conditions.
- The hand of the user naturally wraps around the body of the Rockstick2 Mouse in a largely open position with the side of hand supported by the finger flange (2 interchangeable options on the Small/Medium model). This enables the Rockstick2 to follow the movement of the hand without the need to 'grip' it. The hand of the user can remain in a relaxed state while mousing with only light contact with the Rockstick2 required unlike on many mice which require significant Static Grip Force
on the mouse in order ensure control.
Eliminates Wrist 'Anchoring'
- Since the Rockstick Mouse puts the hand into a mostly vertical orientation the possibility of resting the underside of the wrist on the desk or desk edge is eliminated. This means that the user will not be putting extra pressure on the sensitive carpal tunnel area.
Ambidextrous Design Encourages Balanced Use
- The Rockstick2 is designed to easily switch between Right and Left hand use. Doing this on a regular basis throughout the day will spread the workload between both arms and enable tissues to rest and recuperate. Load Balancing
techniques such as this reduce the risk for the development of RSI.
- Fingerless Clicking: The Rockstick2 is designed to free fingers from the damage of repetitive clicking necessary with traditional mousing devices. The hand and forearm 'rock' in or out in order to activate clicks - permitting the fingers to remain relaxed and at rest.
- Fingerless Scrolling: The rubberized scroll wheel offers tactile feedback with distinct detents and is conveniently located for easy access by the thumb.
- Relaxed Hand Position: The Rockstick2 reduces Pronation and the risk of developing associated RSI by positioning the hand at 60° from the traditional prone mousing position. The body of the mouse provides a natural support so that the user can permit their hand to relax while resting on the mouse.
- Multiple Sizes: The Rockstick2 comes in 2 sizes, a Small/Medium and a Large. This ensures that users are able to select the model which best suits their hand size. A sizing guide is available in the Image Gallery.
- Adjustable Pointer Speed: Both the wired and wireless models of the Rockstick2 offer multiple point speed settings. The wired model features settings of 800, 1700, 2500, and 3400 DPI while the wireless can be set to 400, 800,1400, and 2000 DPI. This enables user to fine tune the mouse to their varying needs throughout the day. DPI controls are conveniently located towards the top of each model.
- Plug and Play Simplicity: Although the Rockstick2 provides a unique approach to clicking, the operation of the mouse is the ultimate in simplicity - just plug it in and let the mouse set itself up. There are no drivers or adjustments to make.
- Interchangeable Grips (*Small/Medium only): The magnetically attached finger flange on the Small/Medium model can be removed and replaced with a non-flange attachment for users who wish to use the pinkie finger to aid in directing the cursor.
- On/Off Switch: In order to conserve battery life the Wireless models feature a switch to turn mouse off when not being used for extended periods.
- Convenient Wireless Receiver Storage: The microreceiver can be conveniently stored in the underside of the mouse, ensuring that it does not get separated when traveling.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Rockstick2 Mouse - 2 Sizes Available
Rockstick2 Mouse - Profile of Small/Medium Model
Rockstick2 Mouse - Profile of Large Model
Rockstick2 Mouse - Ambidextrous Design
Rockstick2 Mouse - Easy, Fingerless Clicking
Rockstick2 Mouse - Sizing Guide
- Width: Large: 3.7" (9.4 cm)
Medium/Small: 3.5" (8.8 cm)
- Depth (front to back): Large: 3.86" (9.8 cm)
Medium/Small: 3.6" (9.1 cm)
- Height: Large: 3.54" (9.0 cm)
Medium/Small: 3.15" (8.0 cm)
- Weight: Wired: Large: 5.3 oz (50 grams), Small: 5.8 oz (165 grams)
Wireless (including batteries): Large: 4.6 oz (131 grams), Small: 4.7 oz (133 grams)
- Laser Resolution: Wired: 800, 1600, 2400, 3400 DPI
Wireless: 800, 1200, 1600, 2000 DPI
- Compatibility: PC: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 2000, Windows XP
Mac: Mac OS 9, Max OS X (10.2.8 or later)
- Interface (Wired): USB
- Interface (Wireless): USB Wireless 2.4 GHz
- Cord Length: 79" (2.0 m)
- Wireless Range: 32.8' (10 m)
- Warranty: 2 years
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|RS200CL|| Microtouch Rockstick2 Mouse, Wired, Large|
|RS200CM|| Microtouch Rockstick2 Mouse, Wired, Medium|
|RS200WL|| Microtouch Rockstick2 Mouse, Wireless, Large|
|RS200WM|| Microtouch Rockstick2 Mouse, Wireless, Medium|