Page last updated: Fri, 11-Oct-2019 14:40:51
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
STEYBIL Sit-Stand Stoolby Mey Chair Systems
| Additional Resources |
The STEYBIL Sit-Stand Stool from Mey Chair Systems permits users to sit or lean while working, thereby reducing the weight load on the joints of both legs and feet. This upright position also makes it easy to return to a fully standing position with minimal effort. The seat offers an infinitely adjustable height range from 24" to 34", tilts forward from 5° to 20° and provides a full 70° of swivel range with an automatic return to centre.
The STEYBIL is now available with several seat options. Model 11147 features a formed polyurethane seat which provides a firm yet cushioned seating surface with cooling airflow channels. This model is well-suited to environments where rough use may be encountered as the seat is resistant to cuts or punctures and can also be easily cleaned. Three other models (11144,11145,11149) all feature a softer polyurethane foam base covered with easily cleanable leatherette. Model 11148 offers the same softer seat but with a breathable woven fabric cover for greater seating comfort.
Equally suitable for office or industrial settings, the textured black tubular steel base provides strength and stability in a small footprint that does not present a tripping hazard. Strong nylon glides engage the floor to ensure firm positioning of the seat, and the incorporated rollers permit the stool to be easily moved between workstations.
The Steybil is now available from ErgoVerse as the STEYBIL Leaning Stool).
Reduces Strain on Knees
- Using the STEYBIL in the leaning mode can result in a significant reduction in the stress on the knee joints as little effort is required to transition between leaning and standing fully upright. This transition between stances requires noticeably less effort than rising from a traditional chair.
Reduces Risk of Lower Limb Circulation Problems
- Static standing has been identified as a contributing factor in the development of edema(swelling of the lower legs). When the muscles of the lower legs are not being flexed their ability to pump blood and fluids through the circulatory system is restricted. Leaning or sitting on the STEYBIL frees the user to flex the muscles of the lower legs and, by doing so, to encourage better circulation in the lower legs.
Helps to Improve the Health of the Body's Systems
- The conventional seated position (i.e. 90º bend) restricts both blood and fluid flows through the internal organs. A leaning position such as the STEYBIL offers can be of benefit to the digestive and cardiovascular systems. The more upright stance reduces potential constrictions in the digestive tract and, by opening up the core and allowing the diaphragm to move more freely, can significantly increase cardiovascular activity.
Increases Mental Alertness
- The open core stance provided by the STEYBIL combined with the ability to flex the leg muscles, naturally increases cardiovascular activity. The increased activity facilitates more effective oxygenation of the brain and thereby contributes to a greater degree of mental alertness.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- Standing with the feet flat for extended periods of time (such as at a standing desk or counter) requires the muscles of the lower back to remain in a state of constant tension (even more so if the abdominal muscles are weak.) As the muscles tire, the back tends to curve or arch, which can often lead to an unnatural and unhealthy degree of lordosis (sometimes referred to as "swayback"). Since some degree of unnatural curvature is already common to many back problems, a standing workstation has the potential to increase, rather than decrease, pain and fatigue. By employing a leaning stool such as the STEYBIL which tilts the pelvis slightly forward, users allow the spine to return to the natural, gently curved S-shape that provides the greatest strength, stability and support for the entire body. The unnatural, extreme curvature is eliminated, and the overworked muscles of the back are able to relax and recover.
Encourages Core Muscle Maintenance
- Traditional seating permits the core muscles to fully relax and become lazy. The semi-standing or leaning stance promoted by the STEYBIL allows users to flex and relax the muscles of the back and core as they keep the torso stabilized during the work session. This helps to maintain muscle tone in those muscle groups without overtiring them.
Increases Movement for Better Health
- As users can move much more easily between the seated resting position and a fully standing position they will tend to exhibit a greater degree of movement and mobility throughout the day, potentially reducing some of the risk associated with extended sitting.
Extends Range of Movement of the User
- Working from a semi-standing position offers users a noticeable increase in range of motion and reach compared to conventional chairs or stools. This extends the Comfort Zone and allows access to a larger area of the work surface, while at the same time reducing the risk of overextension. Learn More About the Comfort Zone
- Wide Range of Seat Height Adjustment: Seat is easily adjustable from 24" (61 cm) - 33.8" (86 cm), almost 10" of range.
- Multiple Seat Options: Two styles of seat are available. Model 11147 features a tough and durable formed polyurethane seat with textured surface which provides a firm cushioning along with easily easy cleanability. Models 11144, 11145 and 11149 have a softer polyurethane foam seat which provides a greater degree of cushioning. These are covered with easily cleanable faux leather. Model 11148 has the same softer seat but is covered with a breathable woven fabric for greater comfort.
- Rugged Construction: The steel dual-tube upright support is built to last for many years. Simplicity of design means less risk of failure.
- Infinite Height Adjustment: Seat height can be easily adjusted to any point within the adjustment range. (Note: Seat height cannot be adjusted while the user is seated.)
- Easy Transport Rollers: Small rollers are incorporated into the back of the base, enabling users to tip the stool for movement between work locations.
- Tilting Seat: The STEYBIL Sit-Stand Stool can be tilted forward from 5° to 20° from horizontal. Adjustment is via a locking lever that enables infinite positioning.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Mey Chair Systems STEYBIL Sit-Stand Stool - Formed Polyurethane Seat (11147)
Mey Chair Systems STEYBIL Sit-Stand Stool - Leatherette Over Polyurethane Seat (11149)
Mey Chair Systems STEYBIL Sit-Stand Stool - Convenient Rollers for Easy Movement
Mey Chair Systems STEYBIL Sit-Stand Stool - Simple Height Adjustment
Mey Chair Systems STEYBIL Sit-Stand Stool - Leatherette Over Polyurethane Seat (11144)
Mey Chair Systems STEYBIL Sit-Stand Stool - Leatherette Over Polyurethane Seat (11145)
Mey Chair Systems STEYBIL Sit-Stand Stool - Fabric Over Polyurethane Seat (11148)
- Seat Dimensions:
- Model 11147: 14" (35.6 cm) wide x 8.5" (21.6 cm) deep
- Models 11144,11145, 11148, & 11149: 15.5" (39.4 cm) wide x 9.5" (24.1 cm) deep
- Seat Thickness:
- Model 11147: 1.5" (3.8 cm)
- Model Models 11144,11145, 11148, & 11149:: 2" (2.5 cm)
- Height Adjustment: 24" (61 cm) - 33.8" (86 cm)
- Tilt Range: 5° - 20°
- Rotation Range: 70° (35° to both right and left)
- Base Footprint: 20.5" (52 cm) wide x 18" (45.7 cm) deep
- Frame Height: 34.5" (87.6 cm)
- Weight: 22 lb (10 kg)
- Weight Rating: 264 lbs (120 kg)
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Package Contents:
- Model 11144: Mey Chair Systems STEYBIL Sit-Stand Stool - Black/Red Leatherette Over Polyurethane Seat, Assembly Guide Sheet
- Model 11145: Mey Chair Systems STEYBIL Sit-Stand Stool - Black/Blue Leatherette Over Polyurethane Seat, Assembly Guide Sheet
- Model 11147: Mey Chair Systems STEYBIL Sit-Stand Stool - Formed Polyurethane Seat , Assembly Guide Sheet
- Model 11148: Mey Chair Systems STEYBIL Sit-Stand Stool - Black Fabric Over Polyurethane Seat, Assembly Guide Sheet
- Model 11149: Mey Chair Systems STEYBIL Sit-Stand Stool - Black Leatherette Over Polyurethane Seat, Assembly Guide Sheet
- Select the correct height. When setting the height of the stool, aim to position yourself in a posture where the angle of your thighs is between 25 and 45 degrees off the vertical. This will ensure that you are comfortable and that you are transferring the greater percentage of your weight onto the stool.
- Use the tilt feature on the stool. The tilt feature will help you shift between a more seated postion and the leaning option in order to introduce more movement and variety in postures.
- Consider an anti-fatigue mat. If you feel as though your feet are slipping when you are leaning, or that your feet are still fatigued from working on a hard surface all day, you may want to consider an anti-fatigue mat. A good anti-fatigue mat can provide cushioning for your feet as well as a non-slip surface for security.
- Consider bracing your feet. Some users of leaning stools find that bracing their feet against a sturdy, fixed bar or rail can substantially improve their comfort. Caution: Standard footrests are not recommended for this application.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|11144|| Black/Red Leatherette Over PU Foam. |
PLEASE SEE NEW PART NO: SLS-LT-11144
|11145|| Black/Blue Leatherette Over PU Foam.|
PLEASE SEE NEW PART NO: SLS-LT-11145
|11147|| Black Formed PU Foam. |
PLEASE SEE NEW PART NO: SLS-PU-11147
|11148|| Black Fabric Over PU Foam. |
PLEASE SEE NEW PART NO: SLS-FB-11148
|11149|| Black Leatherette over PU Foam. |
PLEASE SEE NEW PART NO: SLS-LT-11149
|SFBR|| SAIPH Foot Brace Rail, Black Sides with Silver Bar, 22.75" W x 13.25" D x 3.75" H|