Page last updated: Wed, 16-Jan-2019 16:11:11
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
RISON Sit-Stand Stool (Classic)by Mey Chair Systems
| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The RISON Sit-Stand Stool (Classic) from Mey Chair Systems offers users the option of intermittently adopting a sitting position throughout the workday. Employing the RISON to bear the bulk of body weight permits the feet and legs to rest, reducing fatigue and potentially contributing to a more alert user.
The non-vertical, or leaning, stance effectively reduces the weight load on the joints of both the legs and the feet as the stool, rather than the legs and feet, becomes the load bearing support. The ability to position the seat in an elevated position also significantly reduces the effort required to return to a fully standing position. The shock absorbing effect of the easily adjusted gas cylinder provides additional comfort when the user sits down.
The non-pivoting seat offers an infinitely adjustable height range from 26" - 35.5" - suitable for users from about 5'2" up to 6'6". The polyurethane seat provides a firm yet cushioned seating surface with raised texture bumps. The detachable back support is also formed from the same foam as the seat. (Note: The back on the 11120 has a 2.5" deep curvature in the middle, is 14" wide, and has firm edges. Some users with broader frames may find the back on this model too narrow and deep for a comfortable fit. As an alternative they may wish to consider the EZSIT Comfort Elite Sit-Stand Stool , also from Mey Chair Systems, which offers a broader back (and seat) better suited to users of larger build.)
While the seat does offer the option of tilting it to accommodate a "leaning" position rather than the seated position the fact that the back support on this model is rigidly mounted to the tilting mechanism means that it is really only suitable for upright sitting (ie. when tilted the back follows the movement of the seat and prevents the adoption of a proper upright stance. Users wishing to use this seat as a "leaning" seat should consider the current model of the RISON which now incorporates independent back angle adjustment into the seat mechanism. The current seat-only version of the RISON is also available in two height ranges to accommodate the varying needs of users.
The heavy-duty textured black tubular steel base on the RISON Sit-Stand Leaning Stool is designed for industrial settings but functions well in many offices, providing strength and stability. Strong nylon glides engage the floor to ensure firm positioning of the seat and the incorporated rollers permit the chair to be easily moved between workstations. The unique design of the base maximizes stability while greatly reducing the risk of tripping for passersby.
Reduces Impact on the Lower Spine
- The gas cylinder reduces impact on the tailbone and lower back when sitting down.
Facilitates Movement for Better Health
- As users can move much more easily between a resting, seated, position and a fully standing position they may become more active and mobile throughout the day. The increased activity has the potential to reduce some of the risk associated with extended sitting.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- Standing with the feet flat for extended periods of time (such as at a standing desk or counter) requires the muscles of the lower back to remain in a state of constant tension (even more so if the abdominal muscles are weak.) As the muscles tire, the back tends to curve or arch, which can often lead to an unnatural and unhealthy degree of lordosis (sometimes referred to as "swayback"). As some degree of unnatural curvature is already common to many back problems, a standing workstation actually has the potential to increase pain and fatigue (rather than decrease it). Keeping a RISON (Classic) at the workstation lets a user quickly switch between a fully standing and a raised seat position, giving occasional breaks to the muscles of the lower back.
Reduces Risk of Circulation Problems
- Static standing has been identified as a contributing factor in the development of edema (swelling of the lower legs). When the muscles of the lower legs are not being flexed their ability to pump blood and fluids through the circulatory system is restricted. Intermittently sitting on the RISON (Classic) frees the user to flex the muscles of the lower legs and, by doing so, improves circulation in the lower legs.
Increases Mental Alertness
- By using the RISON (Classic) intermittently users are able to flex the leg muscles, naturally increasing cardiovascular activity. The increased activity facilitates more effective oxygenation of the brain and thereby contributes to a greater degree of mental alertness.
- Wide Range of Seat Height Adjustment: The RISON (Classic) offers adjustment. between 26" and 35.5".
- Easily Cleaned Seat: The RISON's firm self-skinned polyurethane foam seat can easily be cleaned with virtually all common cleaning agents.
- Rugged Construction: The large diameter tubular steel base is built to last for many years. Simplicity of design means a lower risk of failure.
- Cushioning Gas Spring: The gas spring that provides height adjustment also serves as a shock absorber to help absorb impact as the user sits down.
- Infinite Height Adjustment: Seat height can be easily adjusted to any point within the adjustment range. A simple hand-activated lever (similar to the mechanism on a standard office chair) releases the lock on the gas spring lift.
- Easy Transport Rollers: Small rollers are incorporated into the back of the base, enabling users to tilt the stool to move it between work locations.
- Tilting Seat: The RISON seat can be tilted forward from 0° to 15° from the horizontal. Adjustment is via a locking lever which enables infinite positioning. Note: As the back support is rigidly mounted to the tilting mechanism this model is only suitable for upright sitting. When the back is tilted, it follows the movement of the seat, preventing a comfortable upright stance.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
RISON (Classic) Sit-Stand Stool
Convenient Rollers for Easy Movement
Overall: 14.5" (37 cm) wide x 8.25" (21 cm) deep
Seat: 8.7" (22 cm) deep x 14.2" (36 cm)wide
Back (Model 11120 only): 10.25" (26 cm) deep x 13.8" (35 cm) wide
- Height Adjustment:
11120-CLASSIC: 26" - 35.5" (66 cm - 90 cm)
- Tilt Range:
Seat: 5° - 20° forward from horizontal
Back: no independent tilt as seat moves in concert with tilt of seat
- Back Vertical Adjustment Range: 6" (15.2 cm) range
- Base Footprint: 20" (50.8 cm) wide x 17" (43.2 cm) deep
- Weight: 29.2 lb (11.5 kg)
- Weight Rating: 264 lbs (120 kg)
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Package Contents: RISON Sit-Stand Stoo (Classic)l, Assembly Instructions Sheet
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|11120-CLASSIC|| RISON Sit-Stand Leaning Stool with Fixed Back, seat height range of 26" - 35.5", (AF5R-H-PU6)|