| Additional Resources Accessories |
The LOTAH Sit-Stand Comfort Seat from Mey Chair Systems is well-suited to users who need to work as close as possible to the work surface of an elevated workstation, particularly those built on top of base cabinets or shelves. The LOTAH features a large plush saddle designed to be straddled, rather than leaned against. While keeping the torso in an ergonomically desirable upright orientation, the straddle posture positions the heels behind the bend of the knees, rather than extended forward of the knees as they would be on a leaning stool. (See the Tulean Sit-Stand Comfort Leaning Stool, also by Mey Chair Systems, for an illustration of this latter position.) This posture allows the user to move in much closer to flat-fronted work surfaces than might otherwise be possible. As a result, the LOTAH Sit-Stand Comfort Seat helps to reduce the risk of overreach injuries to the muscles of the shoulders and back, and the risk of injury to the muscles of the sides and mid-section caused by sitting sideways along the base of the workstation and twisting at the waist to get close enough to its surface. The LOTAH Sit-Stand Comfort Seat also helps to reduce the load borne by the feet and legs for those who work at elevated workstations by transferring the majority of the user's weight to the seat. As a result the user experiences less overall fatigue and a greater ability to maintain focus and concentration.
Built on a heavy tubular steel base with a gas spring that enables a height adjustment range of 24.8" to 31.5", and with a seat that has 15° of tilt range and 3" of cushioning, the LOTAH Sit-Stand Comfort Seat offers individualized comfort and long-term durability.
Reduces Weight Load on Legs and Feet
- Using a sit-stand seat such as the LOTAH Sit Stand Comfort Seat can significantly reduce the weight load borne by the ankles, knees, and hips. The LOTAH is designed to bear the majority of the weight directly on the seat. This transfer greatly reduces the strain that the joint surfaces are subjected to and offers a potential reduction in risk of damage to these key joints.
Reduces Risk of Lower Limb Circulation Problems
- Static standing has been identified as a contributing factor in the development of edema (swelling of the lower legs). When the muscles of the lower legs are not being flexed they cannot pump blood and fluids through the circulatory system. Because the LOTAH is bearing their weight, users are able to relax and flex the muscles of the lower legs to encourage circulation.
Helps to Improve the Health of the Body's Systems
- The conventional seated position (i.e. 90º bend) restricts both blood and fluid flows through the internal organs. When properly positioned for height, the LOTAH can create an "open core" stance that can benefit internal systems, such as the digestive and cardiovascular systems by allowing the diaphragm to move more freely. In comparison to the traditional static seated position, the more upright stance can significantly increase cardiovascular activity.
Increases Mental Alertness
- The open core stance, combined with the ability to flex the leg muscles, naturally increases cardiovascular activity. This moves more oxygen to the brain and contributes to a greater degree of mental alertness.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- Standing with the feet flat for extended periods of time (such as at a standing desk or counter) requires the muscles of the lower back to remain in a state of constant tension (even more so if the abdominal muscles are weak). As the muscles tire, the back tends to curve or arch, which can often lead to an unnatural and unhealthy degree of lordosis (sometimes referred to as "swayback"). Since some degree of unnatural curvature is already common to many back problems, a standing workstation has the potential to increase, rather than decrease, pain and fatigue. When used at an appropriate height, the saddle-like design of the LOTAH tilts the pelvis slightly forward. This allows the spine to return to the natural, gently curved S-shape that provides the greatest strength, stability and support for the entire body. The unnatural, extreme curvature is eliminated, and the overworked muscles of the back are able to relax and recover.
Note: The LOTAH is best used as a "raised" seat, where the thighs are angled downwards, rather than at the traditional 90° sitting posture.
Reduces General Fatigue
- Many people who stand for prolonged periods during their work day already know how fatiguing this can be. The fatigue may begin in the feet and legs but typically extends its reach to affect the user both physically and mentally. After a day of standing, many people find themselves unable to actively participate in recreational activities or to enjoy other interests. A weight-bearing seat such as the LOTAH helps to mitigate the factors that lead to fatigue, allowing users to conserve more energy for after-work activities. (Anti-Fatigue Mats, which provide cushioning for the feet when standing or leaning, can provide even more support.)
Extends Range of Movement
- Working from a semi-standing position offers users a noticeable increase in range of motion and reach compared to conventional chairs or stools. This extends the Comfort Zone and allows access to a larger area of the work surface, while at the same time reducing the risk of overextension. Learn More About the Comfort Zone
- Large Seating Surface: The broad saddle-inspired design of the LOTAH seat provides a seating surface that can accommodate the majority of larger users. Smaller users may find the seat a bit large and should possible consider a saddle-style seat with smaller dimensions.
- Extra-Thick Padding: The LOTAH is equipped with a thickly padded seat. This means that the cushioning effect will not "bottom out", even for heavier users.
- Height Adjustable: A lever-controlled gas spring provides a seat height ranging from 24.8" to 31.5".
- Cushioning Gas Spring: The gas spring that provides height adjustment also serves as a shock absorber to help absorb impact as the user sits down.
- Pelvic Tilt Pad: The padded portion around the rear of the LOTAH Seat encourages a forward tilt of the pelvis which helps to restore the natural S-Curve necessary for proper back posture.
- Tilting Seat: Users who wish to adopt more of a "leaning" stance than the straddle position have the option of tilting the seat down at the front for greater comfort. Adjustment is via a locking lever that enables infinite positioning from 0° to 15°.
- Rugged Construction: A large-diameter tubular steel frame and housing provide support for the gas spring column and seat.
- Easy Transport Rollers: Small rollers are incorporated into the back of the base, enabling users to tip the LOTAH Seat to easily move it between locations.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
LOTAH Sit-Stand Comfort Seat
LOTAH Sit-Stand Comfort Seat - Convenient Rollers for Moving
- Seat: 18.7" (47.5 cm) Wide x 8.5" (33.6 cm) Deep x 3.1" (8 cm) Thick
- Base Footprint: 20" (50.8 cm) Wide x 17" (43.2 cm) Deep
- Height Adjustment Range: 24.8" (63 cm) - 31.5" (80 cm)
- Tilt Adjustment Range: 15°
- Weight: 22 lb (10 kg)
- Weight Rating: 264 lbs (120 kg)
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Package Contents: LOTAH Sit-Stand Comfort Seat, Assembly Guide Sheet
- Select the correct height. When adjusting the height of the seat, aim to position yourself in a posture where the angle of your thighs is between 25° and 40° off the vertical - while your feet are flat to the floor. If you are unable to make comfortable contact with the seat you have likely set the seat too high.
- Remember that the LOTAH isn't a "chair" so avoid lowering it too close to a traditional sitting position.
- Remember that activity and movement are important to good health and change your position throughout the day. While the LOTAH is designed to work primarily as a "straddle" seat you can also elevate it a bit higher and tilt the front of the seat down to accommodate a degree of "leaning".
- Although the LOTAH can greatly reduce foot fatigue throughout the day, if you still spend part of your day standing you may wish to consider adding an Anti-Fatigue Mat to your workstation. A quality mat will provide cushioning and also encourage muscle flexing to help maintain circulation in the feet and lower legs.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|11126|| LOTAH Sit-stand Comfort Seat. |
PLEASE SEE NEW PART NO: LP-CSS-11126