Page last updated: Fri., 14-Feb.-2020 15:23:31
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Super Deluxe 2000 Sacro-Ease Seat Supportby McCarty's Sacroease
| Additional Resources Accessories |
Sacro-Ease Seat Supports from McCarty's Sacroease were initially designed over 70 years ago to "rebuild" the support that is lost as seat cushioning and supporting structures age. They also serve well to improve the functionality of low cost office chairs or uncomfortable mass transit seating. Built to outlast and outperform other available solutions, all models of the Sacro-Ease Seat Supports feature the same foundation that has always set them apart from other available options. A 1/8" thick by 1" wide steel band frames both the seat and back of the supports, with a steel folding hinge at the rear of the seat. Over these frames are stretched rubber bands that serve to absorb vibration when travelling over rough terrain or to provide a cushioning resistance when sitting on seats that are no longer as supportive as they once were. The steel frame is bendable which enables users to adjust the lumbar curvature and position to provide themselves with optimally-placed support.
The Sacro-Ease Super Deluxe 2000 Seat Support is designed specifically for use on vehicle seats, especially narrow buckets with limited space between the side bolsters on the seat and back. As seats age it can become very easy to slouch into them, with the back rounding out to a C-Curve that can put extreme load on the lower back. The Super Deluxe 2000 model "fixes" the sagging by providing a support that no longer "sags". The hinged steel frame keeps users firmly positioned in a correct upright posture. By adjusting the curve of the frame to optimize the lumbar support each user can customize the seat support to meet their specific needs. A height adjustable lumbar pad can be used to further enhance the lumbar curve.
The Super Deluxe 2000 model features the primary steel base and rubber band structure with a cover of high quality durable upholstery. Both the seat and back rest are padded with a 1" layer of standard poly foam. The cushioning effect of the foam padding is enhanced by quilting that also creates a 3-D surface that is better suited to extended sitting than a flat surface. The seat features a durable, non-skid bottom that keeps the Sacro-Ease firmly in place on all seats.
The frame on the Super Deluxe 2000 is narrower than other stocked models —the seat is just 12" x 12"—so that it can fit between the bolsters on deeper or narrower bucket seats. The back rest frame is only 10.5" wide to ensure that it sits flush against the backrest on the narrowest of seats. The quilted padded "wings" extend several inches past the frame on all edges to ensure a comfortable transition from Seat Support to bucket seat.
A convenient handle facilitates transport between locations when the seat support is folded. Although the Super Deluxe 2000 model is designed specifically with automotive use in mind, it can be effective wherever support, shock absorbance, and comfort are being considered.
Encourages Better Posture
- The Sacro-Ease Super Deluxe 2000 Seat Support is designed specifically for use on vehicle seats, especially narrow buckets with limited space between the side bolsters on the seat and back. As seats age it can become very easy to slouch into them, with the back rounding out to a C-Curve that can put extreme load on the lower back. The Super Deluxe 2000 model "fixes" the sagging by providing a support that no longer "sags". The hinged steel frame keeps users firmly positioned in a correct upright posture. By adjusting the curve of the frame to optimize the lumbar support each user can customize the seat support to meet their specific needs.
Reduces Impact and Vibration
- The shock-absorbing rubber bands in both the seat and backrest serve to reduce the cumulative effect that rough roads and general vibration can have over time. Any reduction in transfer of impact or vibration to the spine is desirable to reduce the risk of damage to the cushioning discs. The 1" thick poly foam padding offers additional cushioning that is even further enhanced by the addition of the "quilted" seat and "wings".
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- The adjustable lumbar support, shock-absorbing bands and foam padding combine to provide users with a seating option that can reduce the risk of lower back pain.
Portability Encourages Use
- Because the Sacro-Ease Seat Support is easily transported via a convenient carrying handle, users have very little preventing them from taking advantage of the improved ergonomics, even if moving between multiple locations throughout the day. Although designed specifically with narrow bucket seats in mind, the Super Deluxe 2000 Seat Support can be used to improve comfort and back support on virtually any seating surface
Muting of Pressure Points
- The rubber bands, foam cushioning, the layer of upholstery and the additional quilting that enhances the padding effect of the foam will eliminate pressure points in older seats where the foam has deteriorated to the point where it no longer provides any cushioning effect. The quilting also creates a textured 3-D surface that offers greater comfort than flat padded surfaces.
- Designed For Use in Vehicles: The Sacro-Ease Super Deluxe 2000 Seat Support is designed specifically for use on vehicle seats, especially narrow buckets with limited space between the side bolsters on the seat and back. The seat frame is narrower than other models (12" W x 12" D) which means that it will fit "between" the bolsters on the deeper bucket seats that sports cars or compacts will have. The back rest frame is also narrower - just 10.5" in width, to ensure an equally suitable fit between the back bolsters. The quilted padding and cover extended well past the frame on all sides, ensuring a comfortable transition from the Seat Support to vehicle seat.
- Sturdy Bendable Steel Frame: A 1" wide x 1/8" thick steel frame acts as a structural foundation for both the seat and backrest. This frame can be carefully bent (see Usage Tips) by hand as needed to adjust the lumbar curve for both position and curvature.
- Shock Absorbing Rubber Bands: The steel frame is covered with tightly-stretched wide rubber bands that serve to absorb shock and vibration, smoothing out a rough ride. When used on fixed seating these bands serve to enhance or reinforce the existing cushioning.
- Cushioned Seat: The Sacro-Ease Super Deluxe 2000 Seat Support features 1" thick poly foam padding that supplements the shock-absorbing action of the foundational rubber bands. In addition, both the seat and back rest are quilted to create a 3-D textured surface that enhances the cushioning effect of the foam and creates a surface that is more comfortable than flat surfaces and better suited for extended periods of sitting.
- Adjustable Lumbar Pad: The Sacro-Ease Super Deluxe 2000 Seat Support includes an adjustable foam Lumbar Pad that can be adjusted for optimum comfort. This can be used in concert with the frame bending to achieve an optimum level of lumbar support.
- Heavy Duty Upholstery: Sacro-Ease Seat Supports are upholstered with a heavy-duty fabric designed to provide many years of wear.
- Non-Slip Base: The underside of each seat features a non-slip surface that safely secures it in place on almost any surface.
- Foldable for Transport: The heavy-duty steel hinge accommodates easy folding for transport between locations.
- Convenient Carrying Handle: Each Sacro-Ease Seat Support is equipped with a carrying strap which is easily accessed once the seat is folded for transport.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Super Deluxe 2000 Sacro-Ease Seat Support
- Seat Dimensions:
Frame: 12" (30.5 cm)W x 12" (30.5 cm)D
Cushion: 17" (43.2 cm)W x 15" (38.1 cm)D
- Back Dimensions:
Frame: 10.5" (26.7 cm)W x 19" (48.3 cm)H
Cushion: | 21.5" (54.6 cm)W x 23" (58.4 cm)H
- Cushioning: Extends well beyond frame, and is quilted to provide a greater degree of comfort
Back: 1.0" (2.5 cm) of poly foam
Seat: 1.0" (2.5 cm) of poly foam
- Back and Seat Structures:
Steel Frame, Rubber Bands, Fabric Cover
Cushioning: 1" (2.5 cm)Poly Foam
Lumbar Pad: Height-Adjustable
Quilted Seat and Back to enhance cushioning effect. Cover and Cushioning extend several inches past the frame for greater comfort.
- Colours Available: Black (Stock), Charcoal or Grey (Special Order)
- Warranty: 5 Years, Manufacturer Direct
- Bending Instructions
The steel frame of this Sacro-Ease product is formed of a mild steel that permits repeated bends to be made without sacrificing the strength of the frame. Smooth gentle curves are important to ensure that the steel is not "crimped" which WILL reduce its ability to hold a new curve. Bending over a sharp edge or with abrupt movements or aggressive pressure will increase the risk of this type of damage occurring.
To reduce the curve of the frame the Sacro-Ease should be placed on a firm flat surface with the curve facing down. Gentle pressure can then be applied against the frame both above and below the curve. It is best to begin with light pressure and repeat several times, increasing pressure as needed to reduce the curve to the desired degree. This procedure needs to be completed on both sides of the frame.
To increase the curvature it is best to place the Sacro-Ease over a larger rounded surface, curved side up. Then gently press down on the frame above and below the curve, repeating several times with increasing pressure until the desired curve is achieved. Of course, adjust both sides equally to ensure a balanced support.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|2000SE-BLK|| 12" Seat with padded "wings". Black model.|
|2000SE-GREY|| 12" Seat with padded "wings". Grey model.|
|2000SE-CHAR|| 12" seat with padded "wings". Colours Available: Charcoal.|
|2000SE|| 12" seat with padded "wings". Colours Available: Grey, Light Brown; Blue, Brown, Red, Charcoal.|