Page last updated: Fri, 19-Jul-2019 14:33:02
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Keri Back Sacro-Ease Back Supportby McCarty's Sacroease
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The McCarty's Keri Back Sacro-Ease Back Support is built to provide the highest possible levels of comfort and support. The steel frame provides strength, durability, and versatility that plastic structures are incapable of achieving. Wide rubber bands that are stretched over the frame to provide shock absorbance and cushioning also serve as a resilient foundation for the top layer of cushioning. The front of the Keri Back features a 1" thick layer of high quality Comfort Memory Foam that ensures the ultimate in comfort, easily contouring to the body while still providing the necessary support.
The steel frame on the Keri Back can be carefully bent by hand, permitting users to increase or reduce the degree of lumbar support as desired. As well, the shape of the Keri Back will accommodate users of all builds as, unlike many other back supports, there are no "wings" that curve forward at the sides. The combined cushioning effect of the rubber bands and Comfort Memory Foam provides comfort of a much higher degree than that of traditional foam or polyurethane foam. The breathable fabric cover also ensures hours of comfort while sitting.
The Keri Back can be used at work, in office chairs, at home on the couch, or in the car. The strapping system is easily adjustable to secure in place after it is positioned. Straps can be either horizontal or vertical, simply choose the desired configuration. The vertical straps are perfect for those with seats that are too deep or concave for the traditional horizontal straps and also aid in positioning the Keri Back at the optimum height. A convenient carrying handle facilitates easy movement between locations.
Encourages Proper Back Alignment
- Many chairs and seats provide little to no lumbar support, permitting the back to round out into a C-Curve, rather than the naturally supportive S-Curved shape. Adding a Keri Back to these seats can greatly improve the sitting experience and has the potential to reduce the risk of developing poor posture and related pain. When the Keri Back is correctly positioned (and curved appropriately) the spine is supported in the natural S-Curve.
Reduces Shock and Vibration on Spine
- When deployed in vehicles the shock-absorbing capabilities of the Keri Back reduce the transmission of bumps and road vibration to the structures of the back. The combination of the shock absorbing rubber bands and Comfort Memory Foam cushioning can greatly reduce the potential for damage to the structures of the spine by serving as a dampening structure between the firmer structure of the seat and the spine.
Those who regularly rough roads may be interested in one of the McCarty's Sacroease Seat Supports
that have the same shock-absorbing bands for the seat as well and can provide even greater ergonomic benefits to the spine.
- Heavy Duty Steel Frame: The Keri Back (and almost all of McCarty's Sacro-Ease products) feature a steel frame that acts as a structural foundation for the back support. This frame can be carefully bent by hand, permitting users to increase or reduce the degree of lumbar support as desired to best optimize the support level for their specific needs.
- Shock Absorbing Rubber Bands: Wide rubber bands are stretched over the steel frame. These bands served to dampen vibration when in vehicles as well as to permit and encourage subtle movement on any seat. The bands add a degree of "spring" to the cushioning effect of the upper layer of foam.
- Comfort Memory Foam Cushioning: The upper layer of the Keri Back is a 1" thick layer of high quality Comfort Memory Foam. This foam softens and contours itself to the back, ensuring that every user gets their "most comfortable fit". It works in concert with the underlying rubber bands to enhance the shock absorbance function. Because the Comfort Memory Foam "contours" to the shape of the back users will never feel that they are being "pushed" into a specific posture, a sensation that traditional poly foam or polyurethane foam products can produce. Rather, the contouring effect of the foam permits the Keri Back to smoothly transition into the shape of whatever seat it is being deployed against, leaving no abrupt transitions or unsupported areas.
- Versatile Mounting System: The Keri Back Support features both horizontal and vertical heavy duty mounting strap options that enable it to be secured "over" or "around" most common seat backs. Quick-release clips accommodate easy removal and reinstallation.
- Portable: A convenient carrying handle is built into the Keri Back to facilitate easy transport for use in multiple settings. Drive to work, use it in the office, take it home, take it to meetings - anywhere it is needed. At only 4.2 lbs it is easily carried.
- Breathable Fabric Cover: The textured fabric cover of the Keri Back is breathable to ensure hours of comfort without sweating and can be removed for washing.
- Multiple Colour Options Available: The Keri Back Support is available in several colour options.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Keri Back Sacro-Ease Back Support
Keri Back - Available Colours
- Width: 15.0" (38.1 cm)
- Depth: 1.0" (2.5 cm)
- Height: 19.0" (48.3 cm)
- Back: 1" (2.5 cm) of memory foam
- Weight: 4.2 lbs (1.9 kg)
- Supporting Sub-Structure: 1/8" Thick x 1" Wide Bendable Steel Frame
- Shock Absorbing Material: Wide Rubber Bands (stretched over the steel frame)
- Cushioning: 1" (2.5 cm) of Comfort Memory Foam
- Available Colours: Black, Smoke, Cappuccino
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Bending Instructions:
The steel frame of this Sacro-Ease product is formed of a mild steel that permits repeated bends to be made without sacrificing the strength of the frame. Smooth gentle curves are important to ensure that the steel is not "crimped" which WILL reduce its ability to hold a new curve. Bending over a sharp edge or with abrupt movements or aggressive pressure will increase the risk of this type of damage occurring.
To reduce the curve of the frame the Sacro-Ease should be placed on a firm flat surface with the curve facing down. Gentle pressure can then be applied against the frame both above and below the curve. It is best to begin with light pressure and repeat several times, increasing pressure as needed to reduce the curve to the desired degree. This procedure needs to be completed on both sides of the frame.
To increase the curvature it is best to place the Sacro-Ease over a larger rounded surface, curved side up. Then gently press down on the frame above and below the curve, repeating several times with increasing pressure until the desired curve is achieved. Of course, adjust both sides equally to ensure a balanced support.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|KBT-BLK|| Black model.|
|KBT-SMOKE|| Smoke model.|
|KBT-CAPP|| Cappuccino model|