| Additional Resources Accessories |
Sacro-Ease Seat Supports from McCarty's Sacroease were initially designed over 70 years ago to "rebuild" the support that is lost as seat cushioning and supporting structures age. They also serve well to improve the functionality of low cost office chairs or uncomfortable mass transit seating. Built to outlast and outperform other available solutions, all models of the Sacro-Ease Seat Supports feature the same foundation that has always set them apart from other available options. A 1/8" thick by 1" wide steel band frames both the seat and back of the supports, with a steel folding hinge at the rear of the seat. Over these frames are stretched rubber bands that serve to absorb vibration when travelling over rough terrain or to provide a cushioning resistance when sitting on seats that are no longer as supportive as they once were. The steel frame is bendable which enables users to adjust the lumbar curvature and position to provide themselves with optimally-placed support.
The Cutout Sacro-Ease Seat Support features the primary steel base and rubber band structure with a cover of high quality durable upholstery. The modified seat portion is padded with a 1" layer of standard poly foam but features a 2.5" wide x 9" deep "foam-free" Coccyx cutout that provides pressure relief for those suffering from tailbone injuries or other conditions that generate similar sensitivity to pressure. The underside of the seat is a durable, non-skid material that keeps the Sacro-Ease firmly in place on all seats. It is stocked in the standard 15" seat width but is also available by Special Order in a 12" width that works with narrower bucket seats or a 19" width for bench seats or larger users. Deeper seats are also available by Special Order.
A convenient handle facilitates transport between locations when the seat support is folded. The Cutout model is specifically designed for applications where pressure on the Coccyx needs to be reduced. The cushioning effect of the stretched rubber band is supplemented by the 1" thick layer of poly foam cushioning with the pressure relief being offered by the coccyx zone cutout. Those who have a higher degree of sensitivity may derive greater benefit from one of the other SacroEase Seating options that feature thicker or different types of foam. The back features a curved foam lumbar pad that is easily adjusted to any height along the back and can be used to enhance and provide cushioning over the lumbar curve of the steel frame.
Please Note: There is no foam padding in the back of this model, only on the seat and in the foam lumbar pad.
Reduces Pressure on the Coccyx
- This model of the Sacro-Ease Seat Support features a 2.5" wide x 9" deep zone without supporting foam. This reduces the potential for pressure on the Coccyx which can lead to a reduction in pain for those who may have damaged their tailbone or who may have conditions that create a similar level of pressure-induce discomfort.
Encourages Better Posture - Everywhere!
- Sacro-Ease Seat Supports encourage the user to sit upright and maintain correct posture. As seats and chairs age it can become very easy to slouch into them, with the back rounding out to a C-Curve that can put extreme load on the lower back. Using a Sacro-Ease Seat Support where the frame is appropriately curved and the lumbar support is correctly positioned will naturally correct poor posture on an ongoing basis.
Reduces Impact and Vibration
- The shock-absorbing rubber bands in both the seat and backrest serve to reduce the cumulative effect that rough roads and general vibration can have over time. Any reduction in transfer of impact or vibration to the spine is desirable to reduce the risk of damage to the cushioning discs. The 1" thick poly foam padding in the seat offers additional cushioning.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- The adjustable lumbar support, shock-absorbing bands and foam-padded seat combine to provide users with a seating option that can reduce the risk of lower back pain.
Portability Encourages Use
- Because the Sacro-Ease Seat Support is easily transported via a convenient carrying handle, users have very little preventing them from taking advantage of the improved ergonomics, even if moving between multiple locations throughout the day.
Muting of Pressure Points
- The rubber bands, foam cushioning (in seat only) and the layer of upholstery will eliminate pressure points in older seats where the foam has deteriorated to the point where it no longer provides any cushioning effect.
Prevention of Chair Back Drift
- The frame will provide resistance to users who lean back in their chair, taking some of the load off of older (or plastic) chair frames which are not up to the task.
- Coccyx Cutout: The Cutout Sacroease Seat Support features a 2.5" wide x 9" deep cutout in the seat to provide pressure relief for those who may have pain related to tailbone injury or related conditions. This model features a 1" thickness of poly foam that accommodates a limited degree of pressure relief. Those who have a higher degree of sensitivity may derive greater benefit from one of the other SacroEase Seating options that feature thicker or different types of foam.
- Sturdy Bendable Steel Frame: A 1" wide x 1/8" thick steel frame acts as a structural foundation for both the seat and backrest. This frame can be carefully bent (see Usage Tips) by hand as needed to adjust the lumbar curve for both position and curvature. The front edge of the seat can also be bent downward as needed to eliminate potential pressure points.
- Shock Absorbing Rubber Bands: The steel frame is covered with tightly-stretched wide rubber bands that serve to absorb shock and vibration, smoothing out a rough ride. When used on fixed seating these bands serve to enhance or reinforce the existing cushioning.
- Cushioned Seat: The Cutout Sacro-Ease Seat Support has a 1" thick pad of poly foam in the seat that supplements the shock-absorbing action of the foundational rubber bands. A 2.5" wide x 9" deep zone at the rear of the seat is "foam free" to aid in reducing pressure on the Coccyx area.
Please Note: The backrest portion does not include foam padding, only the movable Lumbar Support Pad.
- Heavy Duty Upholstery: Sacro-Ease Seat Supports are upholstered with a heavy-duty fabric designed to provide many years of wear.
- Non-Slip Base: The underside of each seat features a non-slip surface that safely secures it in place on almost any surface.
- Foldable for Transport: The heavy-duty steel hinge accommodates easy folding for transport between locations.
- Convenient Carrying Handle: Each Sacro-Ease Seat Support is equipped with a carrying strap which is easily accessed once the seat is folded for transport.
- Adjustable Lumbar Pad: The Cutout Sacro-Ease Seat Support includes an adjustable foam Lumbar Pad that can be positioned at any point along the backrest. This can be used in concert with the frame bending to achieve an optimum level of lumbar support or can be used to add a bit of extra padding wherever it is needed on the back.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Cutout Sacro-Ease Seat Support
Standard: 15.0" (38.1 cm)
Narrow: 12.0" (30.5 cm)Special Order Only
Wide: 19.0" (48.3 cm) Special Order Only
- Depth (front to back): 14.0" (35.6 cm)
- Height: 19.0" (48.3 cm)
- Back Structure:
Steel Frame, Rubber Bands, Fabric Cover
Cushioning: NO padding
Height-Adjustable Foam-Padded Lumbar Support
- Seat Structure:
Steel Frame, Rubber Bands, Fabric Cover
Cushioning: 1" (2.5 cm) Thick Poly Foam Cushioning with Coccyx Cutout
- Coccyx Cutout (foam free zone): 5" (6.4 cm)W x 9" (22.9 cm)D
- Available Colours: Black, Grey. Light Brown
- Warranty: 5 Years, Manufacturer Direct
- Bending Instructions
The steel frame of this Sacro-Ease product is formed of a mild steel that permits repeated bends to be made without sacrificing the strength of the frame. Smooth gentle curves are important to ensure that the steel is not "crimped" which WILL reduce its ability to hold a new curve. Bending over a sharp edge or with abrupt movements or aggressive pressure will increase the risk of this type of damage occurring.
To reduce the curve of the frame the Sacro-Ease should be placed on a firm flat surface with the curve facing down. Gentle pressure can then be applied against the frame both above and below the curve. It is best to begin with light pressure and repeat several times, increasing pressure as needed to reduce the curve to the desired degree. This procedure needs to be completed on both sides of the frame.
To increase the curvature it is best to place the Sacro-Ease over a larger rounded surface, curved side up. Then gently press down on the frame above and below the curve, repeating several times with increasing pressure until the desired curve is achieved. Of course, adjust both sides equally to ensure a balanced support.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|BRSCRXM-BLK|| 15" Seat width. Black model.|
|BRSCRXM-GREY|| 15" Seat width. Grey model|
|BRSCRXM-LT-BRN|| 15" Seat width. Light brown model.|
|BRSCRXM-LT-BLU|| 15" Seat width. Blue model.|
|BRSCRXM-LT-RED|| 15" Seat width. Red model.|
|BRSCRXM-LT-CHAR|| 15" Seat width. Charcoal model.|
|BRNCRX|| 12" Seat width. Colours Available: Black, Grey, Light Brown; Blue, Brown, Red, Charcoal.|
|BRCRX|| 19" Seat width. Colours Available: Black, Grey, Light Brown; Blue, Brown, Red, Charcoal.|