| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Harmony Tray from KV Waterloo incorporates a mousing surface which can be pivoted through an arc toward the user on either the left or right side. The mousing surface easily slides to the right or left as required or can even be fully stored beneath the keyboard. Both left and right positions offer eight forward-angled settings which permit the user to move the mousing surface through an arc towards themselves, positioning it for the most ergonomic benefit. The ease with which the mousing surface can be re-positioned makes this tray a good selection for someone who has limited width for tray storage (with the mousing surface centered for storage the tray is only 23" wide) but who wishes to spread their mouse use between both left and right hands. The roughly 8" by 9" mousing surface will accommodate most mice but may not be suitable for use with some of the more specialized ergonomic mousing solutions with larger footprints as it has a 1/8" ridge along the side and back edges which limits the possible range of mouse movement.
The Harmony Tray has raised rubber anti-skid pads to prevent the keyboard from moving and is only compatible with keyboards at least 15” in width.
The Harmony Tray is thicker than some other trays due to the inclusion of the sliding mousing surface. As a result it does elevate the keyboard higher off the keyboard arm. Users who wish to keep the keyboard and mouse as low as possible without interfering with the movement of the legs may wish to consider other options which present a lower profile.
Encourages Load Balancing
- The ease with which a user can switch the Harmony Tray mousing surface between left and right leaves them free to switch their mouse usage between hands throughout the day.
Positions Keyboard and Mouse Inside the Comfort Zone
- The Harmony Tray ensures comfortable central positioning for virtually all standard full-size keyboards. In addition the adjustable mousing surface on the Harmony Tray offers the user a means of bringing the mouse closer to their body, thus reducing the degree of displacement required to access the mouse. This permits their arm to be positioned closer to the side, which can reduce the risk of developing associated shoulder and wrist injuries.
Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
- Ambidextrous Mousing Surface: The Harmony Tray features a sliding mousing surface which can easily be moved from left to right as desired throughout the day. It also makes this a convenient solution for multi-user workstations where both left and right-handed users may need to be accommodated.
- Repositionable Mousing Surface: The sliding mousing surface on the Harmony Tray is also “proximity adjustable.” This means that the user can easily angle or pivot the mousing surface through an arc towards their body, reducing the reach necessary to access the mouse. Users can choose any of eight indexed settings for both right and left usage.
- Rigid Mousing Surface: The mousing surface on the Harmony Tray is securely attached to the tray itself. Unlike many other pivoting mousing surfaces which are only supported in a single spot and are susceptible to angling downward when the weight of the hand is placed on the mouse, the mousing surface on the Harmony Tray easily retains a horizontal orientation.
- Sturdy Construction: The Harmony Tray and the attached sliding mousing surface are backed by a steel plate which ensures a strong and rigid surface for both keyboard and mouse and eliminates the potential for warping of the tray.
- Stable Keyboard Positioning: The Harmony tray ensures that the keyboard remains in place by offering dual grip pads which keep the keyboard from sliding.
- Detachable Gel-like Palm Rest: The Harmony Tray includes a detachable palm rest which can be removed in seconds if desired. The easy removal also enables the accommodation of large keyboards with integrated non-removable palm rests.
- Compact Design for Storage Purposes: Users with limited storage space may want to consider the Harmony Tray for the storability of the mousing surface. Removing the mouse from the tray permits the mousing surface to be fully stored below the keyboard. This reduces the width to just 23", permitting the complete package to store in more restricted environments.
- Ready to Mount: The Harmony Tray comes ready to mount to any KV Waterloo Keyboard Arm. All necessary hardware is included.
- Convenient Pull Handle: The front of the Harmony Tray features a pull handle for storing and retrieving the keyboard tray.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Harmony Tray - Mousing Surface to Right
Harmony Tray - Mousing Surface to Left
Harmony Tray - Spec Sheet
- When using the Harmony Tray Mousing Surface you may wish to set a timer to remind yourself to regularly switch between your right and left hands. If beginning to mouse ambidextrously slowly build the amount of time on your non-dominant hand. This will permit it to become accustomed to the movement and build both strength and endurance. If you begin to feel discomfort you should ease back and slow the process to give it more time to adapt.
- Take advantage of the mousing surface adjustment option and bring the mouse to you. Doing so will keep your arm closer to your body and reduce outward and forward reaching which can have negative physical effects.
- Do not try to use the Harmony Tray with separated, adjustable or compact keyboards. The multilevel surface of the Harmony Tray is designed with standard width one-piece keyboards in mind.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|6531D|| Harmony Tray|